Manchester City vs Everton pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should have got rid of a few in the summer that are still here as players like fernando and navas (and Kolorov imho) should have all been replaced as (again imho) they are nowhere near the quality needed to play for Pep and the way he wants to play.....yaya is also taking up a squad place but will never play.....thats 4 players. It would also free up a hell of a lot of money to bring in younger players who can play the way Pep wants.

My main comment was in response to people saying we should beat Everton......if they play like spurs did (with a similar high intensity pressing which they are more than capable) then they will cause us problems as injuries etc are going affect the ability of the team to play the way Pep wants to play....and trying to play that way with 3 of the players mentioned above will result in for displays as we saw against spurs and better teams (and everton, though not as threatening of spurs are one of those better teams)
1) Kolarov has been very good on the whole
2) None of the four players you mention would have been replaced by a third right back
3) We should beat Everton. Like Madrid and Barca should have both won their last two league games and didn't. You're going to limit prematch discussions if you have a problem with people saying we should win a game.

Important game, win and it's a blip...Lose or draw and chances are we are looking at 4 games without a win.

We have enough to win and Nolito should help.

I think

Bravo
Saba
Kolarov (

1) Kolarov has been very good on the whole
2) None of the four players you mention would have been replaced by a third right back
3) We should beat Everton. Like Madrid and Barca should have both won their last two league games and didn't. You're going to limit prematch discussions if you have a problem with people saying we should win a game.
Kolorov played ok againat some average teams but as soon as he came up against a team that we need to defend against he was shown up for what he is...a very average defender esp at left back

Wages are something im sure the club are considering when buying new players and having our top earner sold instead of sat here doing nothing would have freed up money to help pay for another full back

The only problem i have with the third bit about beating teams is that it was starting ti come across as arrogant....everyone can on their day win or lose against anyone else in the prem. Evertin are very capable of causibg us problems...there were sone very similar comments flying about before the spurs game and we were well beaten...not just beaten but outplayed and our weaknesses exposed for everyone to see...now there are only a few teams that are able to consistantly expose them on any given day....spurs, diperpool and arsenal are 3 of them and i would put everton into that group as well especially with injuries meaning we have to play players, like the ones ive mentioned, who are not capable of playing the way pep wants which jyst exposes our whole defensive game....the key protagonists of which are the full backs and fernando...if he plays we eill be more vulnerable...

Of course we could win and we could thrash them but some people on here are makjng out that it will be easy...it wont.

Kolorov played ok againat some average teams but as soon as he came up against a team that we need to defend against he was shown up for what he is...a very average defender esp at left back

Wages are something im sure the club are considering when buying new players and having our top earner sold instead of sat here doing nothing would have freed up money to help pay for another full back

The only problem i have with the third bit about beating teams is that it was starting ti come across as arrogant....everyone can on their day win or lose against anyone else in the prem. Evertin are very capable of causibg us problems...there were sone very similar comments flying about before the spurs game and we were well beaten...not just beaten but outplayed and our weaknesses exposed for everyone to see...now there are only a few teams that are able to consistantly expose them on any given day....spurs, diperpool and arsenal are 3 of them and i would put everton into that group as well especially with injuries meaning we have to play players, like the ones ive mentioned, who are not capable of playing the way pep wants which jyst exposes our whole defensive game....the key protagonists of which are the full backs and fernando...if he plays we eill be more vulnerable...

Of course we could win and we could thrash them but some people on here are makjng out that it will be easy...it wont.

Spot on. The MANNER of last weeks defeat should act as a reality check to the unrealistic,giddy fans coming as it did after signs agin Swansea & Celtic.

We've beaten all the teams at the bottom,Spurs are the first PROPER team we've faced and we were second best all over the pitch & on the bench.

If we are the team we hope we are we will have to bounce back BETTER than we were before. This is what GREAT teams with character & talent do.

We were collectively under-par against Spurs. Mistakes were made but I wouldn't put it down to individual errors, although conceding an og in the opening minutes are game changing events. Collectively we couldn't respond. We couldn't handle the intensity and when we were in possession our quality was poor.

Our game dipped. Predictably in the background of Champions League games, injuries and suspension. I am sure Guardiola wont accept it, but I half expected it.

Everton could be difficult coming on the back of international week when our players will be jetting back from South America and all over, but I still expect to win.

Hopefully KDB, and Kompany will return for this one. I think we should get some indication from training this week.

V Spurs too many players from last season, played like they did last season. On the plus side, we could have played well V Spurs and still got beat so at least we didn't waste a good performance

Everton are not as good as Spurs and I can't see them being brave enough to press high at the Eithad. We created chances against Spurs and could have had a penalty, I think if we cut out the mistakes then we should win pretty comfortably

Nolito coming back would get our balance right in the team.

Would play Maffeo in this game, zaba needs all the rest he can get before Barcelona.

Where the hell is Delph?

It's pretty bad when you have start saying where the hell is Delph ? haha

Actually he's not that bad, he has potential but being constantly injured he just can't get any run of games to get some form going.

Fuck me let the other team worry about us ffs i'd be shitting it playing best team with best manager who have a point to prove after a defeat after 10 wins or whatever it was.

I'm not too bothered about losing to spuds I had a felling that a bit of exhaustion would kick in and kdb being out.

We'll be playing like a fucking tank in a few months no worries, by the time spuds come here they'll be leaving looking like bag of soggy chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.