Manchester City vs Hull City post match thread

Came over from Belfast for this game only back a few hours ago after flight was delayed due to the fog..my view for what it's worth that was as bad a game that i can remember from city,no real desire seemed more concerned about keeping possession than actually getting forward,and no urgency until about the last 10-15 mins,this team looks nothing like the team that won the league last season..get the feeling that the players pick and choose which games to perform in,and similarities to Mancini's reign after we won the title.Pellegrini comes in and it invigorate's the players and we play some cracking football with loads of goals,we win the league and the capital one cup,and now the following season we seemed to have become jaded and stale.Is the answer to change the manager,or move players on who have become complacent or is it both.....

I seldom get angry about the odd bad performance, but this has not been in isolation and I was fuming on my way home, like has been said there seems to be a lack of passion and effort, time for the management team to really earn their money and get this sorted out

Ducado said:
I seldom get angry about the odd bad performance, but this has not been in isolation and I was fuming on my way home, like has been said there seems to be a lack of passion and effort, time for the management team to really earn their money and get this sorted out
Didn't expect it after the Chelsea win. It wasn't just bad luck, we just didn't seem to have the heart for it in the 1st half, and then there was too much tension in the 2nd

Needed Yaya. Bony and Yaya Toure are the missing links, but we should have been able to soldier on until they got back

Bluep*ss said:
Does anyone know the official attendance from yesterday?.

Usually it is on the OS but having checked Twice - it is not given.

I also noticed at the game yesterday it wasn't mentioned and neither was the MOTM, not that there was a true MOTM, Milner or Clichy if I had to choose.

Bluep*ss said:
Does anyone know the official attendance from yesterday?.

Usually it is on the OS but having checked Twice - it is not given.

It's given as 45,233 on the BBC match report.

Just another game at home we just cannot score in. I don't think the poor performance line cuts it because the problem is rooted much deeper. The problem I'm afraid is the complete lack of a plan-B to precide over a flawed Plan-A.

Unfortunately for Pellers, you need to defend at home first and foremost and we were a complete shambles at the back. Usually the goal comes but this year we are 20/30/40 goals short of what we should be to ensure these type of games are won well. The fact we now cannot score at home and also cannot defend, what can we expect. Certainly more work needs to be done now on defending, forget the title, we need to go back to basics and we cannot just continue with this ponderous yet wild type of play where we have to try and score 15 goals in a game leading us constantly wide open.

We need a turnaround and a revolution defensively because right now it just is not working and it is not just the players that are all over the place but the tactics are too. We may of had all the possession but Hull took their chances and we only just managed again to get anything out of the game. The desperate and bull in a chinashop attitude is the only thing that can explain such a good performance at Chelsea followed by a completely abject one against Hull at home where we should be at least at our most comfortable. We are just underestimating the opposition too much, not covering our tracks defensively and I'm afraid it is costing us not just points but trophies.

the big mistake in these type of games is not playing with width, genuine width i.e. navas

hull were playing certainly after they scored with an almost back 10.

the pitch needed to be opened up to stretch their defence which happened in the second half to a large extent once navas came on

also didn't understand taking silva off and keeping nasri on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.