Manchester City vs Hull City post match thread

Teams have perfected their defensive tactics against us and our own defense is suffering from instability and lack of confidence from the constant changes in personnel to it.

This should change once Mangala settles in properly and is ready to play every week, also we need more pace, dynamism and runners in attack. A speedy left-winger (Lopes started and scored the winner for Lille yesterday) and Toure-replacement goalscoring CM are essential.

Might not be till next season that these problems are totally solved, I still think we can push Chelsea close and go on a run in the Champions League this season however.

Totally agree with everyone that yesterday was an awful performance by city. Lack of urgency, desire, fitness etc... We should be winning games at home to Hull and there's no excuse for that. It was a bizarre move to start both Fernando and Fernandinho which lead to a lack of attack. All in all shit, Pellegrini really needs to look at his tactics and football to get this right and not be beaten at Stoke next week.
However I will say there are several things that have totally f*cked us up this season and have maybe caused our recent poor form which some other commentors have perhaps overlooked:
FFP. We really had to go to the bargain bin in the summer hence the shite signings such as Navas (Should have got Sanchez instead), Fernando etc...
Injury: loads of our top players are still coming back from injury i.e Aguero, Nasri, Kompany hence maybe why we haven't been hitting our top form because the players aren't in top form... We can't expect Aguero to start smashing in goals when this was his first full 90 mins since coming back from injury!
Tactics: Before the first goal we had 70% possession, we looked like we would win but alas this is football and a series of mistakes and they're in the lead. Now every single team in the prem (including Chelski last week) will sit back and defend and this is where Pellegrinis tactics fall apart! We haven't got the quality to completely break down teams.
With that said we can still win the title, 7 points is a sizeable gap but there's 30+ points to play for. All we can do is get behind our team and be that 12th man. Yesterdays support was woeful, I'm up in the 3rd tier and hate it! Everyone slags the boys off (rightly so at some points) but fucking have a sing and support them! I think the only song I heard yesterday was "come on city", shit song, worst one IMHO. Not even a bluemoon was heard all game ffs! City can do this and we'll probably all be eating our words in a few days time when we smash stoke away. Come on you blues!

Just back off the train back to Edinburgh after staying over in manchester last night post the match. I started a thread elsewhere about our inability to score from open play in the 1st half when playing towards the South Stand, that's now 2 goals from open play at that end since the end of August....why the f do we continually attack it in the 1st half?

Anyway, on to my views on yesterday's guff. 1st half was dreadful, 2nd half we only finally decided to put some effort in after about 65 minutes.

Much as I love big Edin and I have his name on the back of my home top, the guy is slow, has average ball control and I'm not sure he is good enough anymore, he seems to be a confidence player and at this level you need players who do it week in and week out no matter how well or badly things are going.

I was an early doors doubter of Fernando and remain so, he is slow, can't pass, gets caught in possession and for a big bruiser gets knocked off the ball far too easily. I can't decide whether he is a great player just lacking in confidence (see above) or whether he is just genuinely not very good or more appropriately, not good enough for us, the more I see of him the more the latter seems more likely. On a similar vein, I reckon Fernandinho has been pretty inconsistent as well this season....great game last week at Chelsea and distinctly mediocre yesterday. We have too many players now showing inconsistency, one great performance a month is not good enough for us anymore.

We were a shambles at the back for most of the 1st half....I think Joe was at fault for their goal with another ill advised charge out of goal, not exactly the first time it has happened...if he had stayed on his line that Hull player would not have had that shot when MDM's clearance went to him.

Like others have said on here, why don't we bloody shoot when we around the box? Their keeper had barely a save to make in the whole match, we barely tested him...the one from Nasri on his right foot in the 1st half, when he tried to move it on to his left on the penalty spot was typical....an equaliser just before half time would have completely changed that match.

Again, our corners were pretty dismal to the point where it's really rather pathetic how unthreatening we are from them...give the guys who come up for them a chance by getting them higher and past the first defender....it's fairly basic stuff.

Kun woke up in the last 20 minutes when he had more space in and around the box after Edin went off and looked dangerous.

Silva has not been playing well for a number of weeks and when he doesn't, by God we have problems.

Still, Jimbo did well and that was a cracking free kick, he must start on Wednesday.

Pretty worrying yesterday all in all, on that sort of showing we have a fight to finish in the top 3. Let's hope Ya Ya and WB can shake things up big time when they finally return.....we bloody need it.

On a more cheerful note, had a great time in Manchester again.

In the first half yesterday and against Boro our main concern seemed to be solely keeping hold of the ball. If there wasn't an obvious way through (and both sides closed down the space well) we just carried on knocking it around without any penetration at all.

This sort of of tactic is understandable when we are up against Barca or Munich as once we lose the ball against those sides, it is usually ten minutes before we get it back again. When we are struggling against sides like Hull and Boro though, surely we can afford to take a few more chances and whip a few balls in etc. It the ball is cleared, we'll have it back again soon enough. Hull's defence has been hopeless this season, I'm sure they would have cracked in the first half if we had adopted this tactic.

We just seem to have one way of playing at home regardless of the opposition or the tactics they are employing.

Does anyone know the official attendance from yesterday?.

Usually it is on the OS but having checked Twice - it is not given.

Dog shite performance, useless Hart crippling the nerves of the weak defence, Zabs ranting with Vincent's wrong positioning, a couple of blatant pennos not whistled by that fat bent ref, but at least a point rescued.

After reading 33 plus pages of this thread, maybe some of the bluemoaners should change their name to José, who knows they might make a nice moaning howling choir to the moon.

42 points or so still to be won. Come on!

It really annoys me how Ciy take the safe option every fecking time. Pass it along the line pass it back along the line. When it is done quickly we can get behind the opposition on the flanks. When it's done slowly it achieves fuck all and it doesn't even tire the feckers out.
Run at the opposition, shoot from range just do something rather than the dog turd we watched against Burnley, Sheff Wed, Arsenal, Boro and Hull.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.