Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PistonBlue said:
sam-caddick said:
We have to pick a team that will grind a result out at Anfield in my opinion, going there thinking we will batter them is naive.

Garcia, Fernandinho and Yaya all have to start in midfield and Segio has to start up top if you ask me, we need power and numbers in the middle and pace up front.

I fancy us getting a number of chances against their defence but we need to put on a defensive masterclass to stop them from scoring.

Our pressing will play a big factor in us getting a result as well, play like Tottenham did and we will get battered so we have to get in their faces and hunt them down in packs.

I'm not sure we should be going into a game against inferior opposition hoping to grind out a result. Their defence against our attack is a mis-match. Yes they have the two best forward since time began but our defence is pretty decent and our midfield isn't exactly shabby.

Let's go there with some belief, let's twat them.

yeah, twat'em!!!!!!

If only our lot could play like this bunch in blue
*sigh* we might have a chance.
tumblr_n3k5lmjiEH1shaydvo3_r1_250.gif

Really looking forward to this game now. If you look away from their front 2 they are probably the most overrated team of the year. The only thing that counts in this match is if Liverpool sort out a way of dealing with Silva. In the games we've played really really well in Silva has basically roamed freely. Spurs away is probably the best example of how we need to play against these lot. I can't see Gerrard and the like being able to deal with him without destroying their own attacking chances. I also can't see them sticking 3 defensive midfielders in there and controlling the game like Jose did which I think is the best way to beat us, shore up the midfield as much as possible.

They will do what they do every year and fire up their team to be running around like nutcases everywhere, press high and try and rush the ball forward. We just need a bit of discipline and to keep the game calm and make sure when chances come our way (which they will) we take them.

PistonBlue said:
sam-caddick said:
We have to pick a team that will grind a result out at Anfield in my opinion, going there thinking we will batter them is naive.

Garcia, Fernandinho and Yaya all have to start in midfield and Segio has to start up top if you ask me, we need power and numbers in the middle and pace up front.

I fancy us getting a number of chances against their defence but we need to put on a defensive masterclass to stop them from scoring.

Our pressing will play a big factor in us getting a result as well, play like Tottenham did and we will get battered so we have to get in their faces and hunt them down in packs.

I'm not sure we should be going into a game against inferior opposition hoping to grind out a result. Their defence against our attack is a mis-match. Yes they have the two best forward since time began but our defence is pretty decent and our midfield isn't exactly shabby.

Let's go there with some belief, let's twat them.

Af*****gmen Brother !

Begbie said:
Spooner1982 said:
As a Liverpool fan, I obviously think we will win the league. It just makes more sense for us to do it. We have been the most consistent, played the best football, we have the best trike duo in the premiership and all the neutrals want Liverpool to win it. I am not saying that we have the best squad, I am only saying that we have discovered the most consistent and the most balanced team. In contrast, City have struggled to find the proper cohesion most of the season . I guess you are unlucky with Aguero's and other players injury problems, but even if Aguero were to be fit all season - he is nothing compared to Suarez.

nothing eh?

remind me again what suarez' goals per minute ratio is?

in case you hadnt realised, Aguero's is the best in premierships history...not just this year

remind me again what suarez' scoring record is against top ten teams in the premiership?

until feb this year:
Only 17% of Luis Suarez’s goals have come against teams in the top half,

Sergio is 57%

nuff said....
Boom

Begbie said:
Spooner1982 said:
As a Liverpool fan, I obviously think we will win the league. It just makes more sense for us to do it. We have been the most consistent, played the best football, we have the best trike duo in the premiership and all the neutrals want Liverpool to win it. I am not saying that we have the best squad, I am only saying that we have discovered the most consistent and the most balanced team. In contrast, City have struggled to find the proper cohesion most of the season . I guess you are unlucky with Aguero's and other players injury problems, but even if Aguero were to be fit all season - he is nothing compared to Suarez.

you mean glory hunters

SWP's back said:
Begbie said:
Spooner1982 said:

nothing eh?

remind me again what suarez' goals per minute ratio is?

in case you hadnt realised, Aguero's is the best in premierships history...not just this year

remind me again what suarez' scoring record is against top ten teams in the premiership?

until feb this year:
Only 17% of Luis Suarez’s goals have come against teams in the top half,

Sergio is 57%

nuff said....
Boom
Agüero has the best goals per minute and goals per game ratio in Premier League history and scores home and away against all the best sides too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.