Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Steak Bake said:
Crikey you're an angry bunch. I hope you've all cooled down a little :-)

But yes it's true, we DO want you to twat Liverpool and win the title. I know you probably want us to hate you, but many United supporters simply don't hate City.

Liverpool, on the other hand...

COME ON CITY BEAT THEM AND BEAT THEM WELL ON SUNDAY!

Haha. Gotta laugh at a rag drongo who's season is over suggesting we're an "angry bunch".

Is this fool still registered or did I miss him getting banned last night? I actually hope he's still around. All this "i want City to win the league" is fooling no one. I can sense his pain, bitterness, envy, and frustration all the way from here.

Too true BS....I bet he would give anything to still have that shitty counting banner up in the swamp

bluevengence said:
BillyShears said:
Steak Bake said:

But yes it's true, we DO want you to twat Liverpool and win the title. I know you probably want us to hate you, but many United supporters simply don't hate City.

Haha. Gotta laugh at a rag drongo who's season is over suggesting we're an "angry bunch".

Is this fool still registered or did I miss him getting banned last night? I actually hope he's still around. All this "i want City to win the league" is fooling no one. I can sense his pain, bitterness, envy, and frustration all the way from here.

Too true BS....I bet he would give anything to still have that shitty counting banner up in the swamp
They all would. The silence from united fans to remove it when it was up, was defending.

bluevengence said:
BillyShears said:
Steak Bake said:

This season is all their worst nightmares come to fruition in a single season. Personally I've got no hatred for Liverpool or their supporters - maybe it's because a couple of my best friends are scousers and are sound lads who go week in and week out and know their football. These fucking plastic rags who pitch up giving it the big I am are inevitably outed as being spotty 16 year old boys from Surrey (no offence to any Surrey blues)

Where's everyone suppin before the game? I'm in Liverpool the night before for the Elbow gig and am meeting a few mates at Lime Street at about 11. Anyone boozing in the city center or any recommendations for away friendly pubs?

Re: Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

M18CTID said:
Just posted this in the pre-match thread. Words fail me. Apparently, it's the crowd that our players need to worry about on Sunday and not their in-form team. Oh, and United fans on derby day aren't a patch on what Liverpool fans will be like on Sunday:

Ha ha what gobshites, met city fan through work today i said looking forward to sunday? he said oh yes, i said problem youve got is the crowd he said " ohhhh we dicked united the other week in front of 70 odd thousand fans screaming at us" i was speachless, there clearly in for a shock....

I really don't understand this attitude Liverpool fans seem to have about their home support. I'm sure the atmosphere will be fantastic, and that they will get behind their team on Sunday, but we play Liverpool at Anfield every season, it's hardly a new phenomenon for our players, plus we've played in a fair few big games over the last few years, in some pretty intimidating places, United at Old Trafford (which obviously for us is a derby game so more highly strung than your average match at Old Trafford), Barcelona at The Nou Camp, Bayern Munich at the Allianz, Borussia Dortmund at the Westphalia, CSKA Moscow at the Khimki (which, ordinarily, you wouldn't assume would be a tough environment but when you factor in that the players were on the receiving end of some pretty terrible racial abuse that makes it different), not to mention United, Stoke, Sunderland, Chelsea and Wigan all at Wembley for various domestic cup semi final and final appearances. Oh yeah, and the little matter of the QPR game, if the atmosphere, and the tension, in the stadium that day wasn't intimidating and didn't apply pressure on the players then I don't know what would be.

And all of this is before we consider the high pressure, high profile games some of our players have played in prior to joining City, or whilst on International duty. Rome derbies, El Classico games, The European Championship Final, The Champion's League Final etc, I'd imagine most if not all of these are bigger occasions, and tougher atmospheres, than a league match at Anfield between Liverpool and Manchester City!

Matty said:
M18CTID said:
Just posted this in the pre-match thread. Words fail me. Apparently, it's the crowd that our players need to worry about on Sunday and not their in-form team. Oh, and United fans on derby day aren't a patch on what Liverpool fans will be like on Sunday:

Ha ha what gobshites, met city fan through work today i said looking forward to sunday? he said oh yes, i said problem youve got is the crowd he said " ohhhh we dicked united the other week in front of 70 odd thousand fans screaming at us" i was speachless, there clearly in for a shock....

I really don't understand this attitude Liverpool fans seem to have about their home support. I'm sure the atmosphere will be fantastic, and that they will get behind their team on Sunday, but we play Liverpool at Anfield every season, it's hardly a new phenomenon for our players, plus we've played in a fair few big games over the last few years, in some pretty intimidating places, United at Old Trafford (which obviously for us is a derby game so more highly strung than your average match at Old Trafford), Barcelona at The Nou Camp, Bayern Munich at the Allianz, Borussia Dortmund at the Westphalia, CSKA Moscow at the Khimki (which, ordinarily, you wouldn't assume would be a tough environment but when you factor in that the players were on the receiving end of some pretty terrible racial abuse that makes it different), not to mention United, Stoke, Sunderland, Chelsea and Wigan all at Wembley for various domestic cup semi final and final appearances. Oh yeah, and the little matter of the QPR game, if the atmosphere, and the tension, in the stadium that day wasn't intimidating and didn't apply pressure on the players then I don't know what would be.

And all of this is before we consider the high pressure, high profile games some of our players have played in prior to joining City, or whilst on International duty. Rome derbies, El Classico games, The European Championship Final, The Champion's League Final etc, I'd imagine most if not all of these are bigger occasions, and tougher atmospheres, than a league match at Anfield between Liverpool and Manchester City!

I would go further to say the more hostile and vociferous the crowd the better for us - The type of players we have actually perform better when the atmosphere is a tad intimidating. This is a big game and I am confident that we will have prepared accordingly.

Matty said:
M18CTID said:

and the small matter of a World Cup Final for a couple of them

We've also played in front of the best fans in Europe away at Aris. We will not be intimidated by a set of fans who are, it must be said, good for English fans. But let's be frank, English atmospheres are pretty much all pretty timid.

Not sure why, but these last couple days, my own nerves have pretty much gone, the arse has been torn out of this game, already.

I've gone from thinking a draw would be an incredible achievement to firmly believing we WILL go there and win.

For me, the more I read and hear others speak about Liverpool, the more it turned them into this behemoth of a team, a Barcelona on steroids in terms of their capacity to close down opponents at will, with Suarez applying the sheen.

The fact is, in a one-off game, as this league has shown, anyone can beat anyone.

But when I really take a step back from all the hyperbole, this Liverpool team are still a good middleweight punching against a light heavyweight, in the truest sense.

Seven times out of ten, this current Liverpool team doesn't lay a glove on City.

And for that reason, I will sit down this Sunday and be relaxed, trusting in our superior players to just do their jobs.

Sometimes I forget how bloody good our own players are.

This Sunday won't be the end, it will not even be the beginning of the end, it will merely be the end of the beginning of the REAL title countdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.