Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burtonrdblue said:
All this that Brenda (mid life crisis,going to fucking tinie tempha concerts having new teeth leaving his wife for younger woman) Rodgers saying all the pressure is City's what a load of bollocks.. This is undoubtedly the biggest game in Rodgers' career so doesn't that bring pressure I think that was a poor attempt to sound like Mourinho.. He is feeling the pressure big time because we ain't West Ham or Cardiff or a very poor Spurs we are Man City who have World Cup and Euro Championship winners in our side who will go under because of a few scousers making a bit of noise?????? Get fucking real Brenda...

Also until about a month ago liverpool only pissed me off mildly but the way they have morphed into this "we are entitled" wankers is bad bad form.. You ain't entitled to nothing just because you were good 25 yrs ago!! You have to earn it.. So yeah the way they have turned into arrogant cunts overnight is a bit unsavoury especially as they haven't even won anything yet!!! Lack of class

Sorry for the language but these bin-dippers are really err cheesing me off !!

There's no ' having turned into arrogant cunts overnight ' about it,they've always been arrogant,self important cunts.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not sure why, but these last couple days, my own nerves have pretty much gone, the arse has been torn out of this game, already.

I've gone from thinking a draw would be an incredible achievement to firmly believing we WILL go there and win.

For me, the more I read and hear others speak about Liverpool, the more it turned them into this behemoth of a team, a Barcelona on steroids in terms of their capacity to close down opponents at will, with Suarez applying the sheen.

The fact is, in a one-off game, as this league has shown, anyone can beat anyone.

But when I really take a step back from all the hyperbole, this Liverpool team are still a good middleweight punching against a light heavyweight, in the truest sense.

Seven times out of ten, this current Liverpool team doesn't lay a glove on City.

And for that reason, I will sit down this Sunday and be relaxed, trusting in our superior players to just do their jobs.

Sometimes I forget how bloody good our own players are.

This Sunday won't be the end, it will not even be the beginning of the end, it will merely be the end of the beginning of the REAL title countdown.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

BTW ... I said earlier I don't mind the scousers ... but fuck me I'm beginning to see why people give them so much shit. I posted Stu Brennan's feature from today about the media thinking liverpool have already won it on Facebook and made the mistake of referring to Liverpool as the red dippers. Someone I've known for over 10 years who supports them posted "dippers? ah well was nice knowing you ... bye" before deleting me as a Facebook friend and blocking me completely from his page. This is a grown man with kids who is constantly giving it out about moneybags City on his own page. I've been laughing ever since!

Fucking hell, what a soft ****. How can anyone see their arse at that? I'm convinced that most scousers would laugh something like that off and while it might be a lazy stereotype to use, that response is as pathetic as it gets. It seems that there a few sensitive souls on RAWK about the bindipper references too - one poster seemed pissed off because the likes of Sunderland and Hull fans use it and felt that it was ironic them coming out with it because their towns aren't exactly lovely places either. Fuck me, talk about taking something way too seriously. I couldn't give 2 shits if people cram as many derogatory stereotypical references to us Mancs into a single sentence as possible. Maybe that's because I haven't had a sense of humour bypass.

M18CTID said:
BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not sure why, but these last couple days, my own nerves have pretty much gone, the arse has been torn out of this game, already.

I've gone from thinking a draw would be an incredible achievement to firmly believing we WILL go there and win.

For me, the more I read and hear others speak about Liverpool, the more it turned them into this behemoth of a team, a Barcelona on steroids in terms of their capacity to close down opponents at will, with Suarez applying the sheen.

The fact is, in a one-off game, as this league has shown, anyone can beat anyone.

But when I really take a step back from all the hyperbole, this Liverpool team are still a good middleweight punching against a light heavyweight, in the truest sense.

Seven times out of ten, this current Liverpool team doesn't lay a glove on City.

And for that reason, I will sit down this Sunday and be relaxed, trusting in our superior players to just do their jobs.

This Sunday won't be the end, it will not even be the beginning of the end, it will merely be the end of the beginning of the REAL title countdown.

BTW ... I said earlier I don't mind the scousers ... but fuck me I'm beginning to see why people give them so much shit. I posted Stu Brennan's feature from today about the media thinking liverpool have already won it on Facebook and made the mistake of referring to Liverpool as the red dippers. Someone I've known for over 10 years who supports them posted "dippers? ah well was nice knowing you ... bye" before deleting me as a Facebook friend and blocking me completely from his page. This is a grown man with kids who is constantly giving it out about moneybags City on his own page. I've been laughing ever since!

Fucking hell, what a soft ****. How can anyone see their arse at that? I'm convinced that most scousers would laugh something like that off and while it might be a lazy stereotype to use, that response is as pathetic as it gets. It seems that there a few sensitive souls on RAWK about the bindipper references too - one poster seemed pissed off because the likes of Sunderland and Hull fans use it and felt that it was ironic them coming out with it because their towns aren't exactly lovely places either. Fuck me, talk about taking something way too seriously. I couldn't give 2 shits if people cram as many derogatory stereotypical references to us Mancs into a single sentence as possible. Maybe that's because I haven't had a sense of humour bypass.

Remember the drama when Keegan suggested Joey Barton should have known better than to leave his shirt unattended in Liverpool.

Tolm, I do detect a fundamental mis-comprehension when it comes to a Liverpool fans psyche.

They wanted fourth and that is now sewn up pretty much, what they have now is a glorious chance to capture the riches that has eluded them since the League was re-branded in to the Premier League.

If I was a Kopite, I'd see the task as complete. I'd enjoy each game now and hope my team did as well as they could, with the hope that they could claim the glory. Liverpool have as good a chance as they could have hoped for, they play their two rivals at home in a match that could re-define them as a top club. Each and every player, along with Rodgers gets the to write themselves in to the history books at Liverpool, and as we all know they do love their history. Liverpool players will be as hungry as they have ever been in their careers, they really could become heroes by awaking a sleeping giant.

Clichés and hyperbole go hand in hand this time of the season in articles from the media. If you look passed this with a clear view, it really is a special occasion for a Kopite, a fan that's been so desperate for success and seeing their bitter rivals clean up for the last two decades. I can empathise with them and fully understand what feelings they feel and how anxious and excited they are. Fair play to them, if they beat us to the league I will be immensely gutted but for the first time ever, I would doff my cap and say 'fair dues' and wish them well.

The job Rodgers has done at Liverpool is truly awesome, he's rebuilt and re-branded that side. It's the third greatest turnaround in fortunes in football after Dortmund under Klopp and Athletico under Simeone.

I am fearful of this match because Liverpool should have beaten us last year if not for a Skyrtel error and they were the best side we faced at home this season bar Bayern. I am nail-biting now just at the possibility of losing and then fearing Everton at the Goodison whom are fighting for fourth. They are two huge tasks ahead along with the other nerve-testing trips we have, I am relishing this but make no mistake I am very nervous.

I believe we can beat Liverpool, in fact I truly think we can hammer them if we play at our best rather than letting them dictate the game via midfield and being prone to defensive errors via pressing. The key to this game is not playing 4-2-2-2, we have to have a three man midfield, it's not even an option.

I am going for a 2-2 draw. I'd take that result all day every day given the importance of the point and not losing to Liverpool. I think DeMichellis will be ruined by Suarez, he's played well recently but for MDM, Suarez is kryptonite.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Tolm, can you go back to being pessimistic, like when you feared we'd come unstuck against Southampton! Predict a loss & then we'll win. cheers.

oh dear, rawk never disappoints

We've also got every neutral in the country (and beyond) willing us on, and willing us on because we play fantastic football - we're going to surf to victory on tidal wave of positive energy - you can't halt nature.
This is it. This is the mother of all cup finals. Biggest premier league game of last 24 years !! It doesn't get any bigger than this. This is war. We must triumph. We must save humanity. We must save football from those oil rich enemies of football. We must show the world a club with soul will always be bigger than a soulless club with insane money. If this doesn't get you pumped up then nothing will.

moomba said:
M18CTID said:
BillyShears said:

Remember the drama when Keegan suggested Joey Barton should have known better than to leave his shirt unattended in Liverpool.

I remember Keegan saying something that pissed off some of the Liverpudlians. I thought it was when we were signing Fowler though and he made reference to driving over there to Liverpool to talk to him but was worried about leaving his car unattended.

minute's silence on sunday, game kicking off to coincide with the postponement at Hillsborough, and the game will probably finish on 96 minutes.

Let's just put a Munich style tribute in, players and fans alike, and just let the Dippers get caught up in the occasion.

Can't let Liverpool get a foothold, get at them early, stun them and get 3-0 up as quickly as possible, kill the game before they can get the crowd behind them.

NipHolmes said:
Tolm, I do detect a fundamental mis-comprehension when it comes to a Liverpool fans psyche.

They wanted fourth and that is now sewn up pretty much, what they have now is a glorious chance to capture the riches that has eluded them since the League was re-branded in to the Premier League.

If I was a Kopite, I'd see the task as complete. I'd enjoy each game now and hope my team did as well as they could, with the hope that they could claim the glory. Liverpool have as good a chance as they could have hoped for, they play their two rivals at home in a match that could re-define them as a top club. Each and every player, along with Rodgers gets the to write themselves in to the history books at Liverpool, and as we all know they do love their history. Liverpool players will be as hungry as they have ever been in their careers, they really could become heroes by awaking a sleeping giant.

Clichés and hyperbole go hand in hand this time of the season in articles from the media. If you look passed this with a clear view, it really is a special occasion for a Kopite, a fan that's been so desperate for success and seeing their bitter rivals clean up for the last two decades. I can empathise with them and fully understand what feelings they feel and how anxious and excited they are. Fair play to them, if they beat us to the league I will be immensely gutted but for the first time ever, I would doff my cap and say 'fair dues' and wish them well.

The job Rodgers has done at Liverpool is truly awesome, he's rebuilt and re-branded that side. It's the third greatest turnaround in fortunes in football after Dortmund under Klopp and Athletico under Simeone.

I am fearful of this match because Liverpool should have beaten us last year if not for a Skyrtel error and they were the best side we faced at home this season bar Bayern. I am nail-biting now just at the possibility of losing and then fearing Everton at the Goodison whom are fighting for fourth. They are two huge tasks ahead along with the other nerve-testing trips we have, I am relishing this but make no mistake I am very nervous.

I believe we can beat Liverpool, in fact I truly think we can hammer them if we play at our best rather than letting them dictate the game via midfield and being prone to defensive errors via pressing. The key to this game is not playing 4-2-2-2, we have to have a three man midfield, it's not even an option.

I am going for a 2-2 draw. I'd take that result all day every day given the importance of the point and not losing to Liverpool. I think DeMichellis will be ruined by Suarez, he's played well recently but for MDM, Suarez is kryptonite.
Lucky he's not Superman then eh? He's playing for Clueless at Sjoke now....

NipHolmes said:

A great post and refreshing to hear a somewhat sober view which is much like my own.

I think we will set up for a draw but I'm conscious of their ability to play very well for the first 20 minutes so we need to be very careful here. A 3 man midfield is a no brainer for me, anything less and someone should be wobbling his head....I would like to see Navas rested and Milner play, I would also like to see Jovetic start and be replaced later on by Nasri, not sure I will get either of those wishes or that Jovetic has been blooded enough to cope with the physicality of an anfield clash....I just like what he brings to our team

I think the last 2 seasons we have been lucky to get the draw at anfield.....hoping for the same result this season but having deserved it instead of 'hung on' for it....here's hoping for another Desmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.