Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gungho-tactics said:
Burtonrdblue said:
All this that Brenda (mid life crisis,going to fucking tinie tempha concerts having new teeth leaving his wife for younger woman) Rodgers saying all the pressure is City's what a load of bollocks.. This is undoubtedly the biggest game in Rodgers' career so doesn't that bring pressure I think that was a poor attempt to sound like Mourinho.. He is feeling the pressure big time because we ain't West Ham or Cardiff or a very poor Spurs we are Man City who have World Cup and Euro Championship winners in our side who will go under because of a few scousers making a bit of noise?????? Get fucking real Brenda...

Also until about a month ago liverpool only pissed me off mildly but the way they have morphed into this "we are entitled" wankers is bad bad form.. You ain't entitled to nothing just because you were good 25 yrs ago!! You have to earn it.. So yeah the way they have turned into arrogant cunts overnight is a bit unsavoury especially as they haven't even won anything yet!!! Lack of class

Sorry for the language but these bin-dippers are really err cheesing me off !!

He used to work for Mourinho. That's where he gets this terrible attitude from.

The pressure is on them, and they know it. They are the ones that declared themselves title contenders. Their fans think they already won the title. It would be hilarious if we won there.

We will win there, We have to keep it tight then they'll start panicking and that's when we can pick teams off,see a bit of indecision and pounce on it and punish it. We have more experience of being in this position more big game players who wont see their arses if its 0-0 at 80 mins. Yeah mate he is a Poor mans Mourinho in almost all facets, Ive really got to dislike him over the last month or so having his little digs about oh! guess what our investment!! Getting old that, and you would think Liverpools team all came through the ranks the way he waxes lyrical! How much was Henderson?

dirty divers ....
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEKprtX5tE4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEKprtX5tE4</a>

FredTilson said:
lasereyes said:
Begbie said:
Its an annoying trait (especially on the internet) of people who havent followed a players progress (DeMichelis is another case in point) to believe the hype surrounding them. Stop basing your conclusions on media driven bullshit and actually watch a player before you rubbish him...

This is a very patronising comment, suggesting you believe your opinion to be the definitive one. What makes you think you are the only one who watches the games?

Garcia has definitely improved from early in the season, but frankly that was a very low bar to cross. He wouldn't start for any of our rivals, so not sure why we would suddenly put him in for our most important game since QPR 2 seasons ago. He is a serviceable backup for Fernandinho. Showing more appetite to tackle and able to string a few passes together. But he's nothing special and if we traded him at the end of the season, we are very unlikely to get back what we paid him, which is a pretty indicative yardstick. I would play Milner any day of the week ahead of Garcia.

Pellegrini views Milner as a winger and not as a CM, I don't think he has ever started Milner as a CM, so he won't be deputized as one in this game, which leaves Garcia as the only 'defensive' minded midfielder we have. Considering how much time Toure spends in the opposition half, I wouldn't want Demichelis in a one on one with Suarez. Garcia has actually been consistently good in all games he has played as a CM. The only poor games were where he was used as a defender.

Milner would be picked not as a CM, but playing out right instead of Navas. At least that's what I'd do. The theory of picking an additional holding midfielder (Garcia in this case) so Toure can go forward has been tried before. it can work as a shock tactic late in a game (most memorably vs. Newcastle in our title season) but when Toure has started further forward, he has rarely made much of an impression.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:37 pm --<br /><br />
Begbie said:
lasereyes said:
Begbie said:
Its an annoying trait (especially on the internet) of people who havent followed a players progress (DeMichelis is another case in point) to believe the hype surrounding them. Stop basing your conclusions on media driven bullshit and actually watch a player before you rubbish him...

This is a very patronising comment, suggesting you believe your opinion to be the definitive one. What makes you think you are the only one who watches the games?

Garcia has definitely improved from early in the season, but frankly that was a very low bar to cross. He wouldn't start for any of our rivals, so not sure why we would suddenly put him in for our most important game since QPR 2 seasons ago. He is a serviceable backup for Fernandinho. Showing more appetite to tackle and able to string a few passes together. But he's nothing special and if we traded him at the end of the season, we are very unlikely to get back what we paid him, which is a pretty indicative yardstick. I would play Milner any day of the week ahead of Garcia.

Its far from patronising...its the truth....more often than not I've seen comments from rival supporters posting jibes such as ' I hope you play Demichelis' or 'Garcia is garbage' That isnt my opinion, thats based on actual comments.

When I get the chance to ask the people responsible for them, invariably it turns out they havent watched our recent games at all to be able to make a judgement.

Incidentally (and forgive me if you havent seen him play recently) but if Garcia improves at the same rate he has in the last few games, he could well end up being a lot more 'special' than you seem to give him credit for.

Having watched every minute of Man City for god knows how many seasons, yes I think i've seen him play. The question is, have you?

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2014/January/Spurs-v-City-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highligh ... highlights</a>

This should bring a little faith into the thread! (Forgetting the sending off...)

Everytime I predict things I'm usually wrong, so here goes:

City will get offside goal given so that the ref has to make amend and give all the divers free kick and penalty. When city leads 2-1, a liverpool player will break a city player's leg but only given yellow. City players then get sent off for reacting. Joe hart gets sent off when suarez dives like a pro diving athlete. Dzeko in goal because city has used all subs. 3-2 to pool.

lasereyes said:
FredTilson said:
lasereyes said:

Pellegrini views Milner as a winger and not as a CM, I don't think he has ever started Milner as a CM, so he won't be deputized as one in this game, which leaves Garcia as the only 'defensive' minded midfielder we have. Considering how much time Toure spends in the opposition half, I wouldn't want Demichelis in a one on one with Suarez. Garcia has actually been consistently good in all games he has played as a CM. The only poor games were where he was used as a defender.

Milner would be picked not as a CM, but playing out right instead of Navas. At least that's what I'd do. The theory of picking an additional holding midfielder (Garcia in this case) so Toure can go forward has been tried before. it can work as a shock tactic late in a game (most memorably vs. Newcastle in our title season) but when Toure has started further forward, he has rarely made much of an impression.

-- Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:37 pm --

Begbie said:
lasereyes said:

Its far from patronising...its the truth....more often than not I've seen comments from rival supporters posting jibes such as ' I hope you play Demichelis' or 'Garcia is garbage' That isnt my opinion, thats based on actual comments.

When I get the chance to ask the people responsible for them, invariably it turns out they havent watched our recent games at all to be able to make a judgement.

Incidentally (and forgive me if you havent seen him play recently) but if Garcia improves at the same rate he has in the last few games, he could well end up being a lot more 'special' than you seem to give him credit for.

Having watched every minute of Man City for god knows how many seasons, yes I think i've seen him play. The question is, have you?

lol jokes. javi is definitely a quality player-- would probably get pt for almost any team in spain. might not suit the quick-paced english game, but he's got talent... if u can't see that, i'm sorry, find a new sport.

Bpughh said:
lasereyes said:
FredTilson said:

Milner would be picked not as a CM, but playing out right instead of Navas. At least that's what I'd do. The theory of picking an additional holding midfielder (Garcia in this case) so Toure can go forward has been tried before. it can work as a shock tactic late in a game (most memorably vs. Newcastle in our title season) but when Toure has started further forward, he has rarely made much of an impression.

-- Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:37 pm --

Begbie said:

lol jokes. javi is definitely a quality player-- would probably get pt for almost any team in spain. might not suit the quick-paced english game, but he's got talent... if u can't see that, i'm sorry, find a new sport.
I was being facetious...but that aside, if youre another one of those who attack our players especially someone like garcia whose finally finding his feet and improving with every game, I really dont know what else to tell you...
(not aimed at you Bp...)

Don't think I can watch. Might take the mrs to the cinema or Harrogate or...something. Something away from tv's and knowing the score, get home for 5ish and just check sky sports. I'm shit at big games.

TINY said:
Don't think I can watch. Might take the mrs to the cinema or Harrogate or...something. Something away from tv's and knowing the score, get home for 5ish and just check sky sports. I'm shit at big games.

Me too. Trouble is, I've got a ticket and will be there.

Might take a sofa into the ground to hide behind ;)<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:59 am --<br /><br />Oh dear:

Ha ha what gobshites, met city fan through work today i said looking forward to sunday? he said oh yes, i said problem youve got is the crowd he said " ohhhh we dicked united the other week in front of 70 odd thousand fans screaming at us" i was speachless, there clearly in for a shock....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.