Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
NipHolmes said:
Tolm, I do detect a fundamental mis-comprehension when it comes to a Liverpool fans psyche.

They wanted fourth and that is now sewn up pretty much, what they have now is a glorious chance to capture the riches that has eluded them since the League was re-branded in to the Premier League.

If I was a Kopite, I'd see the task as complete. I'd enjoy each game now and hope my team did as well as they could, with the hope that they could claim the glory. Liverpool have as good a chance as they could have hoped for, they play their two rivals at home in a match that could re-define them as a top club. Each and every player, along with Rodgers gets the to write themselves in to the history books at Liverpool, and as we all know they do love their history. Liverpool players will be as hungry as they have ever been in their careers, they really could become heroes by awaking a sleeping giant.

Clichés and hyperbole go hand in hand this time of the season in articles from the media. If you look passed this with a clear view, it really is a special occasion for a Kopite, a fan that's been so desperate for success and seeing their bitter rivals clean up for the last two decades. I can empathise with them and fully understand what feelings they feel and how anxious and excited they are. Fair play to them, if they beat us to the league I will be immensely gutted but for the first time ever, I would doff my cap and say 'fair dues' and wish them well.

The job Rodgers has done at Liverpool is truly awesome, he's rebuilt and re-branded that side. It's the third greatest turnaround in fortunes in football after Dortmund under Klopp and Athletico under Simeone.

I am fearful of this match because Liverpool should have beaten us last year if not for a Skyrtel error and they were the best side we faced at home this season bar Bayern. I am nail-biting now just at the possibility of losing and then fearing Everton at the Goodison whom are fighting for fourth. They are two huge tasks ahead along with the other nerve-testing trips we have, I am relishing this but make no mistake I am very nervous.

I believe we can beat Liverpool, in fact I truly think we can hammer them if we play at our best rather than letting them dictate the game via midfield and being prone to defensive errors via pressing. The key to this game is not playing 4-2-2-2, we have to have a three man midfield, it's not even an option.

I am going for a 2-2 draw. I'd take that result all day every day given the importance of the point and not losing to Liverpool. I think DeMichellis will be ruined by Suarez, he's played well recently but for MDM, Suarez is kryptonite.

A great post and refreshing to hear a somewhat sober view which is much like my own.

I think we will set up for a draw but I'm conscious of their ability to play very well for the first 20 minutes so we need to be very careful here. A 3 man midfield is a no brainer for me, anything less and someone should be wobbling his head....I would like to see Navas rested and Milner play, I would also like to see Jovetic start and be replaced later on by Nasri, not sure I will get either of those wishes or that Jovetic has been blooded enough to cope with the physicality of an anfield clash....I just like what he brings to our team

I think the last 2 seasons we have been lucky to get the draw at anfield.....hoping for the same result this season but having deserved it instead of 'hung on' for it....here's hoping for another Desmond

"Hoping" for a draw is pretty pathetic to be honest.

I am "hoping" we win 9-0. But I would settle for a 1-0 win and reluctantly, very reluctantly, put up with a draw.

Chippy_boy said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
NipHolmes said:
Tolm, I do detect a fundamental mis-comprehension when it comes to a Liverpool fans psyche.

They wanted fourth and that is now sewn up pretty much, what they have now is a glorious chance to capture the riches that has eluded them since the League was re-branded in to the Premier League.

If I was a Kopite, I'd see the task as complete. I'd enjoy each game now and hope my team did as well as they could, with the hope that they could claim the glory. Liverpool have as good a chance as they could have hoped for, they play their two rivals at home in a match that could re-define them as a top club. Each and every player, along with Rodgers gets the to write themselves in to the history books at Liverpool, and as we all know they do love their history. Liverpool players will be as hungry as they have ever been in their careers, they really could become heroes by awaking a sleeping giant.

Clichés and hyperbole go hand in hand this time of the season in articles from the media. If you look passed this with a clear view, it really is a special occasion for a Kopite, a fan that's been so desperate for success and seeing their bitter rivals clean up for the last two decades. I can empathise with them and fully understand what feelings they feel and how anxious and excited they are. Fair play to them, if they beat us to the league I will be immensely gutted but for the first time ever, I would doff my cap and say 'fair dues' and wish them well.

The job Rodgers has done at Liverpool is truly awesome, he's rebuilt and re-branded that side. It's the third greatest turnaround in fortunes in football after Dortmund under Klopp and Athletico under Simeone.

I am fearful of this match because Liverpool should have beaten us last year if not for a Skyrtel error and they were the best side we faced at home this season bar Bayern. I am nail-biting now just at the possibility of losing and then fearing Everton at the Goodison whom are fighting for fourth. They are two huge tasks ahead along with the other nerve-testing trips we have, I am relishing this but make no mistake I am very nervous.

I believe we can beat Liverpool, in fact I truly think we can hammer them if we play at our best rather than letting them dictate the game via midfield and being prone to defensive errors via pressing. The key to this game is not playing 4-2-2-2, we have to have a three man midfield, it's not even an option.

I am going for a 2-2 draw. I'd take that result all day every day given the importance of the point and not losing to Liverpool. I think DeMichellis will be ruined by Suarez, he's played well recently but for MDM, Suarez is kryptonite.

A great post and refreshing to hear a somewhat sober view which is much like my own.

I think we will set up for a draw but I'm conscious of their ability to play very well for the first 20 minutes so we need to be very careful here. A 3 man midfield is a no brainer for me, anything less and someone should be wobbling his head....I would like to see Navas rested and Milner play, I would also like to see Jovetic start and be replaced later on by Nasri, not sure I will get either of those wishes or that Jovetic has been blooded enough to cope with the physicality of an anfield clash....I just like what he brings to our team

I think the last 2 seasons we have been lucky to get the draw at anfield.....hoping for the same result this season but having deserved it instead of 'hung on' for it....here's hoping for another Desmond

"Hoping" for a draw is pretty pathetic to be honest.

I am "hoping" we win 9-0. But I would settle for a 1-0 win and reluctantly, very reluctantly, put up with a draw.

Yea the more the week goes on, the more im thinking that a draw (unless its an underserved point) doesn't really do us any huge favours. Yes it leaves it in our hands still but I want to see us go out setup to win the game, and I believe we can do.

If were 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go then yes ill take a draw, but anything other than us going out to try and win the game will infuriate me.

foetus said:
oh dear, rawk never disappoints

We've also got every neutral in the country (and beyond) willing us on, and willing us on because we play fantastic football - we're going to surf to victory on tidal wave of positive energy - you can't halt nature.
This is it. This is the mother of all cup finals. Biggest premier league game of last 24 years !! It doesn't get any bigger than this. This is war. We must triumph. We must save humanity. We must save football from those oil rich enemies of football. We must show the world a club with soul will always be bigger than a soulless club with insane money. If this doesn't get you pumped up then nothing will.

Pissflaps.

Going by the general tone of these forums over the years, I can tell that most contributors have high personal standards.
So why the fuck are some lowering those standards by being happy with a bloody draw.

FromPollockToSilva said:
foetus said:
oh dear, rawk never disappoints

We've also got every neutral in the country (and beyond) willing us on, and willing us on because we play fantastic football - we're going to surf to victory on tidal wave of positive energy - you can't halt nature.
This is it. This is the mother of all cup finals. Biggest premier league game of last 24 years !! It doesn't get any bigger than this. This is war. We must triumph. We must save humanity. We must save football from those oil rich enemies of football. We must show the world a club with soul will always be bigger than a soulless club with insane money. If this doesn't get you pumped up then nothing will.

Pissflaps.
oil money is clearly so much worse than money made on the back of the slave trade and gambling

If i'm not mistaken, Anfield's pitch is small, if this is the case we have already won the game before it has started.

People are forgetting we have the likes of Toure, Silva, Komapny, Aguero in our team. We should be looking to go there and win, nothing less. This is Liverpool ffs. The only reason they're anywhere near the title is because they weren't good enough for European competition and have had far many less games in domestic cups as well. We too are only focussed on the league this time round. Game on!

I am hoping for a win and feel we can win as we have the quality and the pressure is on Liverpool.

Was talking to an Evertonian today and he said he wanted us to beat Everton as he didn't want the red shite as he put it winning the league, he did seem a bit shocked when I told him if we dont win the league I hoped Liverpool win it.

My reasoning is it winds up the Rags and also I appreciate the football they play under a decent footballing manager instead of Moanrinho and his brand of wear everyone down football.

IMO this isn't the defining match for the league as I can see teams in the relegation fight having a say Norwich, Palace.

But I hope the Ref is not on a mission to be seen and is on his normal Ego trip giving controvertial decisions and sending players off for very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.