Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak Bake said:
aguero93:20 said:
Steak Bake said:
Hello everyone, first post here. All my family are blues but I'm a red (United fan).

Really hope you win the league - I love Manchester having the best teams. We're shit now and football comes in waves, we've had our time and now it's someone elses turn.

I'd rather it be City than Liverpool or Chelsea.

COME ON CITY.
Why thanks, if our positions were reversed I assure you I'd be supporting liverpool and chelsea. Best of luck getting 6th and europa league.
Rag.

I wasn't expecting a warm welcome!

But believe me, us United supporters hate Liverpool with a passion. Them winning the league is the worse thing that could happen in football for us.

99% of Utd supporters will be rooting for City next week!

Well at least there's some consolation for us if we lose

Chippy_boy said:
Hart

Zabaleta
VK
MDM
Kolarov

Fernandinho
Yaya

Milner
Silva
Jovetic

Aguero

Milner to stiffen the midfield, Kolarov to push their right wing back (think they'll go diamond in this in a bid to limit Yaya and Merlin anyway) Jovetic and Aguero both on the pitch to give their slipshod, leaky, clumsy defence plenty of pace and movement to think about, as well as having to make an early call on where the striker will be running in from. I'd love to start Garcia, but I think we need to push Pool back early on and try to take the lead, if we're ahead in the second half, I'd bring him on for one of Jovetic/Aguero and bring one of our no.9s for the other, push Yaya forward to catch them on the break. Nasri or Navas would be the other sub.

So Jovetic, who hasn't started a game since Moses was a boy, is going to start in the biggest game of the season? I think not.
Better to start him and bring him off if needed than to bring him on and then off again and I can definitely see him having a part to play on Sunday, he'll be someone Rodgers won't have seen enough of to prepare for adequately whereas MP will know what he's capable of and how to use him best.

mc_red23 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Pigeonho said:
A former Liverpool player discussing something about the current Liverpool manager is doing/has done, and the Liverpool manager responding - how would that make you hate him? It's not like he's said 'That Chippy Boy over yonder in manchester, he's a right ****, him', is it? How many times did Mancini back Balotelli, despite most of us knowing he shouldn't be near the club, let alone playing games? What would you expect Rogers to say of his own player? Upset the balance of how things are going and agree with Nicol? Easily offended much?

So let me get this straight, you think I can't stand the man because of this single quote? Is that what you are saying? I think you are probably not that stupid.

And, actually, it was an outrageous thing to say. He should have said "I will stand by my players, but biting has no place in this sport" or something like that.

The guy is a grade 1 twat.

As opposed to the wonderful specimen that you have in charge? Even though he becomes bitter as fuck when his team drops a point or so? Grow up ffs! What he says about his players has absolutely nothing to do with you has it, hope he shuts you up on Sunday like I think he will do.
You've overstepped the mark there pal, see ya

Steak Bake said:
Steak Bake said:
Hello everyone, first post here. All my family are blues but I'm a red (United fan).

Really hope you win the league - I love Manchester having the best teams. We're shit now and football comes in waves, we've had our time and now it's someone elses turn.

I'd rather it be City than Liverpool or Chelsea.

COME ON CITY.
Why thanks, if our positions were reversed I assure you I'd be supporting liverpool and chelsea. Best of luck getting 6th and europa league.
Rag.

I wasn't expecting a warm welcome!

But believe me, us United supporters hate Liverpool with a passion. Them winning the league is the worse thing that could happen in football for us.

99% of Utd supporters will be rooting for City next week!
That was a warm welcome.
Silver Linings eh?<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 am --<br /><br />
squirtyflower said:
mc_red23 said:
Chippy_boy said:
So let me get this straight, you think I can't stand the man because of this single quote? Is that what you are saying? I think you are probably not that stupid.

And, actually, it was an outrageous thing to say. He should have said "I will stand by my players, but biting has no place in this sport" or something like that.

As opposed to the wonderful specimen that you have in charge? Even though he becomes bitter as fuck when his team drops a point or so? Grow up ffs! What he says about his players has absolutely nothing to do with you has it, hope he shuts you up on Sunday like I think he will do.
one down, 532,999,999 to go (according to Brendan "dull and predictable as fuck" Rodgers.)

It's interesting to hear what United want out of the game. Surely a draw and Chelsea to come from behind and sneak the title no?
Yet I'm reading that United will be routing for us? Why??

We must close the lines between our midfield and defence.

Southampton have a better press than Liverpool and it was highly noticeable on Saturday how the two centre backs always parted to the full back positions to receive the ball from the goalkeeper.

That allowed Saints to always have a spare man in the middle to come and receive the ball, as their full backs occupied our own.

Three or four times they attempted the lofted pass between Demichelis and Kolarov.

They didn't have the Liverpool threat in the forward position, but the tactics were spot on.

We need to give them something different to think about, in terms of our shape.

I hope to god we don't play with a target man, as that plays more into the robots they have at the back.

Think we will see the team which Pellegrini picked at the Nou Camp.

I'd like to see something like this, don't think Skrtel would enjoy Jovetic's level of technical ability.

..........................Hart...................
Zabba Komps....Demichelis....Clichy
........................Garcia.....................
....... Fernandinho....Yaya.....Milner
..................Silva..............Jovetic............

squirtyflower said:
mc_red23 said:
Chippy_boy said:

We don't drop THAT many points anyway and Manuel biiter ? Never seen it. Got no problem with Rogers too.
Blows his and their own trumpet a bit. But that's for him.

robbieg said:
It's interesting to hear what United want out of the game. Surely a draw and Chelsea to come from behind and sneak the title no?

I think it depends on where those United fans come from to be honest. Most of them are out-of-town and out-of-country fans so they're far more likely to know Liverpool fans (and perhaps Chelsea fans too) as opposed to City fans. As such, they will have to put up with the Liverpool fans giving them loads of stick if they win it whereas if City won it, it won't affect them as much.

United fans living in Manchester and the surrounding area will hate us and Liverpool in pretty much equal amounts so will be desperate for Chelsea to win it. A red mate of mine has always hated City more than any other club because he has to put up with us all the time - even when we were in the 3rd division and they were winning the treble we'd give him stick.

robbieg said:

From the sounds coming from RedCafe, it seems that they want you to win.

Mainly because they just don't want us to win it, and given the harsh choice they would rather you win it than us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.