Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
but I'm sure our manager will set up accordingly to nullify that threat.

If I could find a fault in pelligrini (needle/haystack) then it's this. He is very assured about the way we play, and will not alter. This is a process I agree with, completely. If we want to become a Barcelona, then we have to stick with it. I mean, when do barca ever change how they play? We are trying to build a dynasty but while the system is in it's infancy we are getting caught out by being so stubborn. I'm not sure if I can level that as a fault for pellers, just in the short term it can kill us, remember barca last year? Eventually it will swing for us, for example Liverpool would be coming to us and changing how they play on Monday. ATM they still come and play the way they play, so it's just a case of who is better on the day.

Hart

Sagna
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov

Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure

Silva
Jovetic
Dzeko

Caballero, Zabaleta, Mangala, Lampard, Nasri, Navas, Aguero

johnny on the spot said:
Ric said:
I doubt Pellegrini will veer away from his preferred 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2, if you like), but I'd be tempted to play 4-3-1-2 for this with the following players:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov/Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure

Silva

Dzeko
Aguero

Can't argue with that line-up.

I reckon we'll come away with a 1-1 draw.

Liverpool will do the usual fast out of the blocks approach, but without Suarez, with who they scored a couple without reply against us, and obliterated Arsenal in the first 20 mins, they will not be as successful, as their performance against Southampton aptly demonstrated, I wonder if it's worth giving Navas a run out? His pace will give them something to worry about .
As for Aguero, doubt he will be given a start, 2nd half, 60min mark, Pellegrini is not risking him, which is good.
While most of the team performed well at Newcastle, a few were still either a tad rusty, or not yet 100% match fit, another week will sharpen up the squad.
There will be plenty of singing aimed at Gerrard, even heard UTD singing it at their game!

KippaxCitizen said:
CrownPointBlue said:
Let's concentrate all our support & passion on .....THE CHAMPIONS.
Forget the Gerrard song,it will only come back & haunt us....let's be be loud,proud,classy & CITY, THE TEAM WILL NEED US !!
If we have a decent lead coming towards the end of the game, I'll be giving the Gerrard chant some!

Would love to see some boos given back for what they did at Anfield. Maybe for every kick in our half.

vmsuhail said:
KippaxCitizen said:
CrownPointBlue said:
Let's concentrate all our support & passion on .....THE CHAMPIONS.
Forget the Gerrard song,it will only come back & haunt us....let's be be loud,proud,classy & CITY, THE TEAM WILL NEED US !!
If we have a decent lead coming towards the end of the game, I'll be giving the Gerrard chant some!

Would love to see some boos given back for what they did at Anfield. Maybe for every kick in our half.

We're better than that

Rammyblues said:
Nervous that is all

My team by the way

Same as against Toon, replace Zab or Sagna for Clichy and put Clichy at left back to counteract Sterlings pace.

Give aguero 30 mins of playing time, build it up nice and slowly from the bench.
It should be so.

mosssideblue said:
vmsuhail said:
KippaxCitizen said:

We're better than that

Stay classy Manchester!

Fernando & Fernandinho as the two deep lying central midfielders so there's a bit of mobility in the middle of the park as I fancy Rodgers to have Sterling buzzing about in there as Yaya is best equipped when up against agile, pacey players. This way, Yaya can play further forward.

Sagna for Clichy too, I think, just for more balance on the flanks. Kolorov will probably keep his place.

I think Dzeko has earned another starting spot, although Pellegrini may be tempted to have Aguero on to take advantage of the lack of mobility in Liverpool's central defence.

Hart
Sagna - Kompany - Demichelis - Kolorov
Fernandinho - Fernando
Nasri - Yaya - Silva
Dzeko

Either that or Aguero in for Fernandinho and him and Yaya will swap positions.

I hope to see Yaya, Fernando & Fernandhino play together a few times this season. Especially tough away games and the some CL home games.

I'm not sure that this is the game to give it the first full airing. We're not really used to playing that set up at home. Liverpool are not the same standard as Bayern, Barca or Madrid so I think it would be showing them too much respect. I know that playing a single striker can be just as attacking as a pair, but we haven't yet developed that style of play, not at the Etihad. Give it a few outings in away games first. I think if we do play that system against Liverpool the game could quickly become a stalemate and its a game we should be trying to win.

Clearly we need to respect Liverpool's ability on the break, but I don't think we need to re-shape our team to do that. Just play it as we did the united and arsenal games last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.