Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Pellegrini will veer away from his preferred 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2, if you like), but I'd be tempted to play 4-3-1-2 for this with the following players:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov/Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure

Silva

Dzeko
Aguero

sam-caddick said:
I doubt this game will be Mangala's debut, he has only been training for a week so far and having his debut against Liverpool is probably not the wisest idea.

I disagree, although not saying MP will of course, but I'd play Mangala as he's got serious pace and that's the only part of the dippers that's any concern imo.

Ric said:
I doubt Pellegrini will veer away from his preferred 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2, if you like), but I'd be tempted to play 4-3-1-2 for this with the following players:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov/Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure

Silva

Dzeko
Aguero

Can't argue with that line-up.

I reckon we'll come away with a 1-1 draw.

johnny on the spot said:
Ric said:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov/Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure

Silva

Dzeko
Aguero

Can't argue with that line-up.

I reckon we'll come away with a 1-1 draw.

Hope not that would feel like 2 points dropped! Agree with the team Yaya is not fit at all and needs help in CM position.

Liverpool have caused one or two problems in recent history at the etihad. Though we have always ended up beating them. I think in the past they have been smarter than us tactically, sterling plays in the hole, as does couthino. I'm not for playing a 5 man midfield but if there was a game then this would be it. We need to nullify couthino and sterling, if we do that we stop the connection. Sturridge looked like a fish out of water on Sunday, the link up Suarez offered has gone. He played the same game he always does which is coming off the left side looking for the link up. I think Brenda will clock this and play him centrally, in which case I'd back vinnie to have him in his pocket every single time. Liverpool are going to miss Suarez in a huge way this year. Playing the 5 lets yaya push off the shoulder and play in the hole, and the 2 fs to take care of the scouse midfield.

Fitness wise we should be there now. We've had a full weeks training and I think the World Cup players will be ready. Infact I think we will have a full squad to choose from, although I reckon they will take baby steps with Sergio so will probably see dzeko start. I'd like one of the fs to start over jovetic for this game and go 4-5-1 but pellers is pretty brutal when it comes to how we play so I expect the usual 4-2-2-2. He likes teams to worry about us and that's a fair shout.

I'd like Mangala to start, if this is the game for it I'm not sure, but £32 million is a chunk of money so he hasn't come to sit on the bench. He will be vinnies partner so the sooner we introduce him the better.

I'd like to see;

Hart
Zabba
Kompany
Mangala
Kola
Nasri
Silva
Yaya
Fern
Fern 2
Aguero

But think it will be;

Hart
Zabba
Kompany
Demi
Kola
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Fernando
Dzeko
Jov

I'm not sure if Aguero is fit to start. Much better at this stage of the season for him to come off the bench for the last 20 minutes.

As other posters have said I am worried about Liverpools pace but I'm sure our manager will set up accordingly to nullify that threat.

Hopeful at least the same result as last year 2-1, but 2-0 would be miles better obviously.

I'd like to play Fernamdinho and Fernando but I suspect if we do one will be sent off. Liverpool will be constantly diving - it's their thang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.