Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keeping my expectations in check. This match comes far too soon for our squad. Our manager is taking a long term approach to the season, which I support, which means not rushing players back and hoping they avoid injury. The penalty may be a shaky performance against Liverpool, I'll live with it, or at least i'm trying to convince myself I can.

CrownPointBlue said:
Let's concentrate all our support & passion on .....THE CHAMPIONS.
Forget the Gerrard song,it will only come back & haunt us....let's be be loud,proud,classy & CITY, THE TEAM WILL NEED US !!
If we have a decent lead coming towards the end of the game, I'll be giving the Gerrard chant some!

Graffin said:
Hart
Zab
Kompany
DM
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Aguero/Dzeko

i think MP Will use that team

agree .... sneaky suspicion he might play Clichy for pace at the back which is a worry for me still. he might sacrifice Nasri or Silva cos of Liverpool's pace attacking wise as they tend not to cover backwards. So think it will a defensive line up with Dezko up front and Aguero coming on late on.

Hart

zabba
clichy
vinny
mdm

fernando
yaya
nasri

silva
dzeko
jovetic

really tough call between kolo and clichy just thing clichys pace might be needed against a very fast counter attacking team!

I think MP will pick the same team as yesterday except Zabaleta in for Clichy at RB.

However, I'd go 451

Hart

Zab
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov

Fernando (holding)
Toure
Fernando
Silva
Nasri

Dzeko.

Fernando to fill the hole and deal with Sterling's runs from midfield (a la their first v Southampton). Would also allow Toure and Fernandinho to rough up Henderson and Gerrard and press Gerrard higher up the pitch not letting him dictate from deep.

Mangala's pace would also see him edge MDM out in this game for me. He'd be better equipped to deal with Sturridge and Sterling's pace.

allan harper said:
CrownPointBlue said:
Let's concentrate all our support & passion on .....THE CHAMPIONS.
Forget the Gerrard song,it will only come back & haunt us....let's be be loud,proud,classy & CITY, THE TEAM WILL NEED US !!

Fuck that mate, the way that crying c**t acted when they beat us, he needs reminding about his slip.
We are city mate...We should stay humble and respectful like our manager and support our club

Nervous that is all

My team by the way

Same as against Toon, replace Zab or Sagna for Clichy and put Clichy at left back to counteract Sterlings pace.

Give aguero 30 mins of playing time, build it up nice and slowly from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.