Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd swap Dinho for Jovetic, and play 433 or 451. That would win us the midfield battle and then we can bring on Jovetic or Aguero when they are tired! I think if we play the 2 in midfield, including a non 100% Yaya, then we'll be overrun by a Liverpool side that's superior to Newcastle, who will play 3 in the middle themselves. If we go like for like I think we can win comfortably!

Its a tricky selection for a big game this early in the season but its got to be nailed on afterall we have the arse and chelsea coming up too.

as its at home id start with nasri or navas - not both as its the dippers - but i also think he might just have a solid mid with fernando and yaya and play fernaninho in this advanced role we're all waiting for then have the forward mobility and speed of silva, jovetic and aguero, then after 70 minutes, to bring on nasri and/or navas to fuck up their full backs - with maybe dzeko coming on?

Thanks joe said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
lfcjoe said:
Liverpool fan here, I come in peace.

Expecting a tight game next Monday. Neither of our teams looked too sharp on Sunday, city looked more comfortable than we did though. Rodgers got the tactics all wrong against Southampton, he played Lucas alongside Gerrard which lead to a complete lack of mobility and control in midfield, allowing Wanyama and Schniederlein to dominate. If we start Lucas on monday we will be crucified by Yaya and co, so expect to see Allen or perhaps Emre Can to match your physicality. Our other glaring weakness on Sunday was Glen Johnson, another atrocious performance by a player who has clearly lost any ability to perform competently. He was destroyed by Clyne and I fear for what Citys attacking full backs (and perhaps Navas if he starts) could do to Johnson. That's why I hope Moreno starts left back, although the etihad is amongst the trickiest of places to give a youngster a debut anything is better than Glen Johnson. I think Lovren is a top player but I'm not convinced our defence is up to scratch to cope with your attackers. If we are to win this game I presume the goals will be from counter attacks, from Sterling and sturridge in particular and perhaps Markovic if he's handed a start. Without the added trouble of Suarez, I do fear Kompany will keep Sturridge quiet - especially since he played poorly against Saints. I would be happy with a draw from this game - while I fancy us to sneak a victory while a lot of your players aren't fully fit, its also clear that City have more big game players and that ultimately won them the league last season.

Steven Gerrard will get a torrid time from your supporters, but I guess its coming to us for all the unsporting boos from our fans at the game in April. But some of the stick he's getting is going too far, youse did win the league after all and there isn't half as much hate for city on liverpool forums as there is for us 'dippers' on here.

May the best team win on Monday, a massive game and massive pain in the arse to have to wait til Monday!
Welcome to Bluemoon, mate.

Welcome joe.. Any clubs fans who hate that fucking lot from salford as much as us should be welcome on here for me..
But just 2 things joe..1. Your our rivals now mate, you were never going to get a cuddle from anyone on here ...!!!
2.. Players & fans from city honoured your died with great class at Anfield ... Yet you guys did nothing but boo for 90 mins at every city player that touched the ball.... Where was the famous Liverpool spirt of fair play that day.? Now, do you really think Gerard has taken enough.. He's heard nothing yet.. !!!

I must agree with you mate I was really disappointed with all the booing given that the whole Hillsborough memorial prior to the game was impeccably observed by the City fans. I think the jeers were more due to the tension and excitement of us actually being involved in a title race rather than deliberate disrespect of the opposition- it had been so long we didnt want it to slip away (no pun intended). But anyway that's all history now and youse went on and won the league so fair play.

And not looking for cuddles - just want proper football discussion rather than the mindless abuse rival fans tend to share with each other online.

Are you lot still crying over us booing when your team had the ball? We did that to gain an advantage over you. It was nothing to do with the respect you showed during the minute's silence. It happens all over Europe every week. Granted, its not a normal occurrence in the Premier League but that doesn't mean its 'disrespectful'.
I also find it hilarious how fans of a club from Moss Side are calling scousers 'dippers'...

dmbass said:
I'd swap Dinho for Jovetic, and play 433 or 451. That would win us the midfield battle and then we can bring on Jovetic or Aguero when they are tired! I think if we play the 2 in midfield, including a non 100% Yaya, then we'll be overrun by a Liverpool side that's superior to Newcastle, who will play 3 in the middle themselves. If we go like for like I think we can win comfortably!

This .....

I just think Pellegrini needs to choose a little more wisely when to play the two up front, The Bayern at home game last season was the perfect example ... I appreciate he has his 'style of play' and we all the love the positive approach, its been an absolute pleasure to see some of the most outstanding attacking performances I've ever seen by any club team, but you just can't do it against the top teams all the time. If anything we'd more solid with Fernando and Fernandinho in a two man midfield, both are extremely tenacious and tireless but then we lose the quality and attacking threat of Yaya ....

For me we've got to start with Fernando, Fernandindo and Yaya ... Liverpool come out at 100 mile-an-hour have a lot of energy and pace but they do start to slow-down around 30-40 minutes ... makes prefect sense to start this game conservatively i.e. just one up front .... I'd start with Jovetic over Nasri personally, I doubt Pellers will though, this would be my more conservative team with extra pace at back:

------------------------ HART--------------------------------

ZAB -----KOMPANY ---- MANGALA -----CLICHY

---------- FERNANDO ----- FERNANDINHO-----

SILVA -------------- YAYA ----------------- JOVETIC

--------------------- AGUERO ----------------------------

Hard to predict how Pellers will go , he'll deffo play Kolarov instead of Clichy at left-back but I still worry about Kolarov defensively especially against pace and he'll choose Nasri over Jovetic - will be interesting to see if if he takes a chance on Managla's pace and power, its a risky debut but DM may get caught out with his lack of pace... Will also be very interesting to see if he goes with the two strikers again, we all know he doesn't like to change it ....

lfcjoe said:
I must agree with you mate I was really disappointed with all the booing given that the whole Hillsborough memorial prior to the game was impeccably observed by the City fans. I think the jeers were more due to the tension and excitement of us actually being involved in a title race rather than deliberate disrespect of the opposition- it had been so long we didnt want it to slip away (no pun intended). But anyway that's all history now and youse went on and won the league so fair play.

And not looking for cuddles - just want proper football discussion rather than the mindless abuse rival fans tend to share with each other online.
I'm looking forward to a cracking game of footie, with both teams playing attacking football. Gerrard will get a lot of stick, but that's football!

Nice to see another Liverpool fan on here. I like you guys, and if we don't win it, I want you to - as the Rags would hate it. Last season must have been a nightmare for them. This place took a turn for the worst last year due to the love in with your club, and the booing of our players, but hopefully we can put that behind us and get back to hating the common enemy. Oh, there is one poster on here who has a pathological hatred of Liverpool, but you'll soon hear from him!

DeidreBarlow69 said:
Are you lot still crying over us booing when your team had the ball? We did that to gain an advantage over you. It was nothing to do with the respect you showed during the minute's silence. It happens all over Europe every week. Granted, its not a normal occurrence in the Premier League but that doesn't mean its 'disrespectful'.
I also find it hilarious how fans of a club from Moss Side are calling scousers 'dippers'...
Well you'll understand that us singing for 90 minutes about Steve Gerrard falling on his arse is actually a token of our affection for our much-loved former England captain.

Thats the problem with Liverpool fans. They only see things their way. We thought the booing was pathetic and small time (and so did a lot of neutrals) but you thought it was intimidating. You thought that singing "We're gonna win the league" in March wasn't a bit premature whereas everyone else laughed at you for it. You don't think that oil money should be allowed in football but it was OK when the Moores bankrolled you in the 1960's and '70's. You think your manager is the greatest thing since Shankly & Paisley whereas everyone else can see he's an egotistical gobshite with no Plan B, who will get found out this season, particularly in the CL.

And why not a username from that Scouse soap Brookside

Thanks joe said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
lfcjoe said:
Liverpool fan here, I come in peace.

Expecting a tight game next Monday. Neither of our teams looked too sharp on Sunday, city looked more comfortable than we did though. Rodgers got the tactics all wrong against Southampton, he played Lucas alongside Gerrard which lead to a complete lack of mobility and control in midfield, allowing Wanyama and Schniederlein to dominate. If we start Lucas on monday we will be crucified by Yaya and co, so expect to see Allen or perhaps Emre Can to match your physicality. Our other glaring weakness on Sunday was Glen Johnson, another atrocious performance by a player who has clearly lost any ability to perform competently. He was destroyed by Clyne and I fear for what Citys attacking full backs (and perhaps Navas if he starts) could do to Johnson. That's why I hope Moreno starts left back, although the etihad is amongst the trickiest of places to give a youngster a debut anything is better than Glen Johnson. I think Lovren is a top player but I'm not convinced our defence is up to scratch to cope with your attackers. If we are to win this game I presume the goals will be from counter attacks, from Sterling and sturridge in particular and perhaps Markovic if he's handed a start. Without the added trouble of Suarez, I do fear Kompany will keep Sturridge quiet - especially since he played poorly against Saints. I would be happy with a draw from this game - while I fancy us to sneak a victory while a lot of your players aren't fully fit, its also clear that City have more big game players and that ultimately won them the league last season.

Steven Gerrard will get a torrid time from your supporters, but I guess its coming to us for all the unsporting boos from our fans at the game in April. But some of the stick he's getting is going too far, youse did win the league after all and there isn't half as much hate for city on liverpool forums as there is for us 'dippers' on here.

May the best team win on Monday, a massive game and massive pain in the arse to have to wait til Monday!
Welcome to Bluemoon, mate.

Welcome joe.. Any clubs fans who hate that fucking lot from salford as much as us should be welcome on here for me..
But just 2 things joe..1. Your our rivals now mate, you were never going to get a cuddle from anyone on here ...!!!
2.. Players & fans from city honoured your died with great class at Anfield ... Yet you guys did nothing but boo for 90 mins at every city player that touched the ball.... Where was the famous Liverpool spirt of fair play that day.? Now, do you really think Gerard has taken enough.. He's heard nothing yet.. !!!

How many fucking times, the twats are from Stretford and the cunts support Arsenal.

and its the r.soles from salford

DeidreBarlow69 said:

wonder if bricking coaches was intended to gain advantage also
its all one way traffic with you lot

DeidreBarlow69 said:

We're not crying about last season, suarez and stevie me did all the crying if I recall.

There was disappointment because some people thought that liverpool fans were better than that. It made you look pathetic.

And yes i agree, it is hilarious calling scousers "dippers" but nowhere near as funny as watching that overrated bully fall on his arse.

You should have kept suarez, he's going to stop biting people now; I don't think Lambert is going to get enough goals for you.

If you do manage to challenge for the title again, it's probably a good idea to wait until you've actually won it before having an open top bus parade and printing up "champions" t shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.