Manchester City Women (merged)

Chris in London said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Chris in London said:
At least for a one-off.

I went to a couple of games last season or the season before at the Athletics Stadium....very forgettable and poor standard.

I was intending going again but I'm not paying £6 for it. The money we'd take would be so small it'd make sense to have it free for some atmos etc.

I think the standard might have improved considerably, to be fair

The standard has improved massively and it will be well worth the entry fee to watch. City are going into this in a big way with the internationals they have brought in.Toni Duggan is England's leading striker with 2 hat tricks to her name already for England.Jill Scott in midfield is real quality in reading the game,great touch and very creative.And of course there is England's captain at centre back,Steph Houghton. Add to that we have an England keeper Karen Bardsley ( currently injured) Betsy Hassett,New Zealand international and Izzie Christiansen and Tasha Flint who both play for England at younger levels.

These players were not there a year or so ago and it will be fascinating to see how the team develops and fares against the best in the country.Get yourselves along to watch and stop whinging about a few quid.Just have 2 pints less when you are next out.

It seems the club have sacked all the member of staff which got them to the WSL? Heard this through a mutual friend. Apparently they put together most of the WSL bid, Sorted player signings and internal structure of the reserves and youth part. Now they've been ordered out now everything's in place? Seems really strange.

I've been watching for the past 3 season and enjoyed it, now i've heard this the club doesn't have my support anymore. I won't be going to watch anymore because of this. Just another football club now.

coach said:
It seems the club have sacked all the member of staff which got them to the WSL? Heard this through a mutual friend. Apparently they put together most of the WSL bid, Sorted player signings and internal structure of the reserves and youth part. Now they've been ordered out now everything's in place? Seems really strange.

I've been watching for the past 3 season and enjoyed it, now i've heard this the club doesn't have my support anymore. I won't be going to watch anymore because of this. Just another football club now.

What do you mean? They've got rid of back-office staff? If so, who? Considering MCWFC only has about 3 staff, I'd be surprised...

Also, if you're withdrawing your support for a City team because of this kind then what kind of City fan are you? Doesn't matter who's running it, it's still City and you support them to the end. If you're withdrawing support for MCWFC over this then how on earth did you keep supporting the club through the 80s and 90s?

Edit: Just realised I'm replying to a week-old post, but oh well.

Falastur said:
coach said:

What do you mean? They've got rid of back-office staff? If so, who? Considering MCWFC only has about 3 staff, I'd be surprised...

Also, if you're withdrawing your support for a City team because of this kind then what kind of City fan are you? Doesn't matter who's running it, it's still City and you support them to the end. If you're withdrawing support for MCWFC over this then how on earth did you keep supporting the club through the 80s and 90s?

Edit: Just realised I'm replying to a week-old post, but oh well.

There were a few more than 3, however it is not quite as bad as coach is saying. Each of the teams (youth teams as well) had a manager and coach plus child support officer, fixture secretary, treasurer, chairman etc etc, Many had been with the team for 10-15 years and did the roles voluntary. For the team and women's football to move forward overall, it needed the club and its time and resources. As the previous regime had the experience of dealing with the FA suits who were organising the league it made sense for them to see it all through.

Ultimately, it was always the vision to see the ladies integrated into the club fully and when this happened the previous staff had seen the job done. It was the bitter sweet experience of seeing a dream realised and the end of an era.

lazerblue said:
Colins Bellend said:
Probably the worst of all male dominated sports to be played by women. It's dire
It's not that good!

Well done for being dinosaurs. You been down to watch the girls then?

They represent our club and they do a damn fine job of it too. They play hard well committed football and players like Toni Duggan are genuinely brilliant. They dont dive, no histronics, its cheap and accesible and im sure when they move to the Minihad it will grow and grow.

If you dont like it your loss

Rascal said:
lazerblue said:
Colins Bellend said:
Probably the worst of all male dominated sports to be played by women. It's dire
It's not that good!

Well done for being dinosaurs. You been down to watch the girls then?

They represent our club and they do a damn fine job of it too. They play hard well committed football and players like Toni Duggan are genuinely brilliant. They dont dive, no histronics, its cheap and accesible and im sure when they move to the Minihad it will grow and grow.

If you dont like it your loss

To be fair the FA tried to wipe out women's football when they were getting big crowds, and it worked. You can't blame the fans, there is no going back now it seems.

Reached our first final.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29102406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29102406</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.