Manchester City's "NO HISTORY" in pictures

Love the picture in the OP, any chance of getting it updated? would make a wonderful wall paper

manc_macca said:
Love the picture in the OP, any chance of getting it updated? would make a wonderful wall paper

You mean for the corrections pointed out or for the FA cup 2011, Prem 2011-12 & CS 2012? I think the OP's idea is that the 'history' is up to when football was invented in 1992.

So for me as it is (without prem era stuff) with corrections and please take the eon ribbons off the FA Cup.

Since when did we measure the strength, size, significance and relevance of our club by the amount of trophies won?

Who gives a fuck about what the media/rags call 'history'?

Can someone define it for me?

Re: Manchester City's "NO HISTORY" in pictures

Hasn't got our 3 latest ones on :/

The correlation between history and success is irrelevant and one which the modern football fan fails to understand.

Re: Manchester City's "NO HISTORY" in pictures

Like the pic, but history is more than the number of trophies you've won.

If you read the excellent 'Trautmann's journey' you get a sense of what one Manchester City player managed to achieve in terms of promoting the process of reconciliation between Britain and Germany in the years after world war 2.

For us, he is legendary for playing on despite sustaining a broken neck in the 1956 cup final.

For me, these things are more important aspects of our history than the fact that we won the cup in 1956 or, for that matter, lost in the final in 1955.

But, each to their own, I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.