Manchester public transport vision

I’ve seen them get on on three occasions and find someone with no ticket.
Two of them just left the tram unchallenged and the third just started screaming racism and was allowed to continue.

In fairness, Berlin and Düsseldorf had no barriers in place to board and alight their trains. I was never asked for a ticket once either. The trust system seems naive.

The tram was so busy during rush hour that they’d never be able to get through the carriage to check everyone.

I'm sure I read somewhere the reason we don't or can't have an underground system is because of all the old mineworkings in the area.

Ready built stations! What's the problem? Think the reason is down to cost more so.

I think there is nothing much new in this in terms of upgrades to out public transport, except for regulation of buses which is a positive. Metrolink has to be the method of choice and we have to have an inner and outer circle line, the inner tracking the inner relief road and the outer tracking the M60 along with expansions to Wigan, Denton, Stockport, Glossop etc. Manchester, and the rest of England, has been overlooked for too long. Pacer trains, wow! Imagine Londoners putting up with that?

If they’d started after the bomb, then maybe, but too much (old/derelict) has been built on since then. It’s cheaper and easier to cut/cover than dig tunnels. Hence why crossrail in London is so exhorbitant.
Trams are the cheapest and quickest way to get a ‘clean’ public transport system running in an old city... unless you’re say China and just shift everyone out of the way.

Iirc looking at the HS2 plans .. it involves a tunnel from Manchester airport area through to the city centre...

Elon Musk has other plans.... making tunnels affordable is one of his key goals.

https://www.boringcompany.com/

A regular limited stop train/tram from airport to city centre ?

ignoring the lack of reliablity on that line ( and it is horrifically unreliable ), there is a train every 7/8 mins from the airport into town. every other one is a limited or no stop train.

a snap shot of the next hour, airport to Picadilly

13.47 direct
13.50 1 stop
13.53 direct
13.58 stopper
14.10 direct
14.17 direct
14.29 2 stops
14.36 1 stop
14.39 stopper
14.47 direct

Trains on other lines need improvements more, trains that stop at the small stops ( Trafford park for example), outside of rush hour only getting a train every 2 / 3 hours is insane.

ignoring the lack of reliablity on that line ( and it is horrifically unreliable ), there is a train every 7/8 mins from the airport into town. every other one is a limited or no stop train.

a snap shot of the next hour, airport to Picadilly

13.47 direct
13.50 1 stop
13.53 direct
13.58 stopper
14.10 direct
14.17 direct
14.29 2 stops
14.36 1 stop
14.39 stopper
14.47 direct

Trains on other lines need improvements more, trains that stop at the small stops ( Trafford park for example), outside of rush hour only getting a train every 2 / 3 hours is insane.
You answered it far better than me.

So, Mr Burnham, this is a London style transport network that bears no resemblance whatsoever to London's transport network. I look forward to you building and financing 11 tube lines and crossrail 1 AND 2. I still can't find the 7 (?) tram lines that London has, apart from the frankly pointless Croydon tramlink connecting the south London collusus' of Wimbledon, Croydon and Beckenham.

Utter bellendery.

You've basically just spunked a shitload of cash on paying someone to draw a tube map.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.