Manchester traffic

Took me one hour to get across the Mancunian way last night and getting home tonight similar.

It would appear to me that the city’s growth is making travelling into the city centre by car almost impossible at times. I am sure it is getting worse.

One thing that struck me tonight was how many people stuck in the traffic only had one person on the car. Surely car sharing clubs are a significant way forward?

Interested to know other peoples expereniances of getting in and out of town and what you think the answer is.

I share your pain! Over the last few years I’ve developed serious road rage and anxiety because of the Manchester traffic!!

The problem is public transport is bobbins, the trams are packed to the rafters! And constantly breaking!! The trains are heaving and unreliable!!

I have wasted hours, probably days of my life sat in traffic on Mancunian way, reagent road and around Trafford park!!!

Took me 1.5hrs to do 8 miles back from work tonight at 5pm. It's a joke. And then 40mins to go 2 miles to the gym the day before!

What's that useless ScouseGit of a mayor doing? Is he sitting on his arse or has he started building those homes for the homeless? I haven't got any figures to hand but has congestion got any worse since you silly bastards voted him in? I've noticed that it's generally taking a few minutes longer to get to and from The Etihad since ScouseShoutyAndy parked his ample arse on the mayoral throne!

Cycle now though only 9km a day . got sick of traffic jams and parking issues.
Manchester busy last couple of nights due to football obviously and little mix at arena tonight and last night. Last Fri I think was Depeche mode which caused jams,
Christmas markets too into evening.
Traffic only going to get worse unfortunately
Still drive but cycling more as I get fitter

Took me one hour to get across the Mancunian way last night and getting home tonight similar.

It would appear to me that the city’s growth is making travelling into the city centre by car almost impossible at times. I am sure it is getting worse.

One thing that struck me tonight was how many people stuck in the traffic only had one person on the car. Surely car sharing clubs are a significant way forward?

Interested to know other peoples expereniances of getting in and out of town and what you think the answer is.
and Taxi wants to make things worse by buying his daughter a car

I work in M25 and live in WA4. Happy to car share if anyone can be flexible, not a rag, not boring or a psyco and can cope with me farting every 10 mins!

On a serious note, had a meeting in town that ran until 6.30. Thought it would be a doddle to get out of town at that time but was an absolute nightmare - Manc Way leading to Regent Rd was shite. City centre is just too congested and the development has gone crazy and will only get worse when the 15,000+ apartments come on stream.

Forget congestion charging. Developers should be hit with CIL/s.106 charges more than they are now to go towards infrastructure and don't provide car spaces for city centre apartments (assuming they do).

M60 is a nightmare and variable speed limits won't be the magical solution everyone has been predicting. Plain and simple, there is just too much traffic on the roads. I live 21 miles door to door but not city centre, so public transport is a near 2-hour commute, which i could actually cycle quicker if had showers at work. Therefore, driving is the only option, which is the case for many.

Lord knows what the solution is.

I work in M25 and live in WA4. Happy to car share if anyone can be flexible, not a rag, not boring or a psyco and can cope with me farting every 10 mins!

On a serious note, had a meeting in town that ran until 6.30. Thought it would be a doddle to get out of town at that time but was an absolute nightmare - Manc Way leading to Regent Rd was shite. City centre is just too congested and the development has gone crazy and will only get worse when the 15,000+ apartments come on stream.

Forget congestion charging. Developers should be hit with CIL/s.106 charges more than they are now to go towards infrastructure and don't provide car spaces for city centre apartments (assuming they do).

M60 is a nightmare and variable speed limits won't be the magical solution everyone has been predicting. Plain and simple, there is just too much traffic on the roads. I live 21 miles door to door but not city centre, so public transport is a near 2-hour commute, which i could actually cycle quicker if had showers at work. Therefore, driving is the only option, which is the case for many.

Lord knows what the solution is.

Developers are paying 5k section 106 for every apartment built generally and the ratio of parking provision with each new build apartment is low. A lot of these apartment dwellers don’t want or use cars.

Far too much of the city centre has been pedestrianised or turned into tram tracks without providing a proper ring road.
Developers should be prevented from forcing road or lane closures during building work. For example Whitworth Street from Deansgate being down to one lane at the junction near the City Road Inn.
And get the fucking speed limit on the Parkway back to 40. The new 30 is a joke and most of the accidents before the change were close to the brewery where the limit was already 30.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.