Manchester United (H) - Pre-Match Thread

United (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They play 3 up front with Martial (Greenwood) at 9 and Rashford and James as wingbacks a similar set up to Burnley but that's where it ends. They wont go long they want to play through and go man on man, James and Rashford are quicker even than Walker so will want to engage with the ball in our defensive third.
If we play similarly to last night we will give them the same problems of no ball retention in midfield so they will have to play on the counter. If Rodri plays as well again and Jesus stays sharp surely there can be only one winner. I went 0 - 3 last night and fancy the same at home against the filth.
Recovery will be important to DS but it will be IG if his legs aren't up to it. Personally I'd let DS have 45 mins and hope we can score and then control the game. We must not let these **** score first. They will try and pick us off on the counter which is what they are good at. Can a midfield of Lingard, Parreira and Mata (McTominay if fit) hurt us? The answer should be no but it's a derby and strange things can happen.
The fact remains if we turn up we win because were better than them.

Question -- yes, I realize it's silly probably -- but with David playing 90 v Burnley, is it even possible Pep would go with Foden? He's got to be more focused on beating Utd emotionally than many on the side, and he'll be raring to go and become a hero. And it's more a straight swap. But obviously there'll be derbies to come for him and you'd like SIlva in his last City home derby even as a sub. I never know if these kind of things that are emotional for fans matter at all to Pep.

There's no way Utd are going to play box-cloggers against us; I like our chances here esp on the heels of yesterday's performance. We'll be up for this and if LiVARpool drop points (unlikely) I'd stick a big wager on us to wipe the floor with the rags, battle joined and all.

Question -- yes, I realize it's silly probably -- but with David playing 90 v Burnley, is it even possible Pep would go with Foden? He's got to be more focused on beating Utd emotionally than many on the side, and he'll be raring to go and become a hero. And it's more a straight swap. But obviously there'll be derbies to come for him and you'd like SIlva in his last City home derby even as a sub. I never know if these kind of things that are emotional for fans matter at all to Pep.

There's no way Utd are going to play box-cloggers against us; I like our chances here esp on the heels of yesterday's performance. We'll be up for this and if LiVARpool drop points (unlikely) I'd stick a big wager on us to wipe the floor with the rags, battle joined and all.
If he doesn’t play Dave, he’ll play Gundo in there and rightly so, IMO.

Lot of posters saying no changes for Saturday. Have no idea what Pep will do.

However, if he picks Stones in the starting x11 I just hope he tells him to stop

his usual ponderous i'll walk the ball to the halfway line, pretending to pass it to

x3 different players along the way, then stop and pass it sideways to Fern as now

realises our forward & midfield all marked & run out of attacking passing options.

Our quick transition play last night was the antithesis of Stones ponderous play.

We need to keep our momentum going forward after last night and the sharp one

touch passing in transition enabled us to be in their box before they could set their

x2 defensive banks of players. We dont need to find a way thru if we are there b4.

Rodri will not have as easy time on Saturday. Ole will target him, so Kevin, Merlin,

Bernardo & Raheem will have to make themselves available to counteract this. If

we play at high tempo we will win and hopefully Liverpool drop a point or two, too.

Lot of posters saying no changes for Saturday. Have no idea what Pep will do.

However, if he picks Stones in the starting x11 I just hope he tells him to stop

his usual ponderous i'll walk the ball to the halfway line, pretending to pass it to

x3 different players along the way, then stop and pass it sideways to Fern as now

realises our forward & midfield all marked & run out of attacking passing options.

Our quick transition play last night was the antithesis of Stones ponderous play.

We need to keep our momentum going forward after last night and the sharp one

touch passing in transition enabled us to be in their box before they could set their

x2 defensive banks of players. We dont need to find a way thru if we are there b4.

Rodri will not have as easy time on Saturday. Ole will target him, so Kevin, Merlin,

Bernardo & Raheem will have to make themselves available to counteract this. If

we play at high tempo we will win and hopefully Liverpool drop a point or two, too.
The use of paragraphs there is mesmerising

Stones for Otamendi is all I want to see.

If Gundogan and Mendy are in that lineup come the first whistle then I'm dobbing Pep into the police.
No stones for me. He is weak in defending and goes on wondering with ball all the way across half line only to back back . He doesn’t attack nor put body on line like basic defender .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.