Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% agree. Stones is much more important that that French show pony.

Ha, I think it's a bit disingenuous to dismiss Pogba as a "show pony". He's obviously a quality player, as you would expect for £89m, and is hugely important to them. Stones is a pretty key player for us too though, and not much has been made of his absence tomorrow.

Many of the press are reporting it this morning. Ok it's only press but the met office are saying the northwest and Manchester could get 200mm of snow late tonight tomorrow morning. If we get half that I can see the GMP and emergency services wanting the game postponed for health and safety reasons. We live in a nanny state these days.
What about Trafford and Salford?
Only joshing - yeah can't see the game happening. 1/2 an inch takes out a UK City 6 would make it neigh on impossible for most to get to the ground.

I don't doubt we can get a result tomorrow, but the match being postponed would be absolutely fantastic for us.

We'd need to only beat Swansea to break the record for consecutive wins. Our players would get a needed rest, and I'm confident we'd be a lot more than 8 points clear by February, if thats when the derby is rearranged to.

I see that PEG has finally started his mind games by saying that "City dive". Rich considering his own teams problems with gravity (Ashley "Scuba" Young for example). Anyway his "mind games" are normally a very good "Tell" about his own team, in this case he is clearly worried about his defence being able to deal with City's attacking 8. - The number of saves that De Gea has to make every game is testament to that.
City need to remain as quiet as church mice in the media and PEG's mind games rebound spectacularly.

BBC forecaster has gone from ‘heavy snow’ to ‘light snow’ for Old Trafford, Timperly and Sale
The problem is heavy snow overnight onto frozen ground , it’s going to be dangerous underfoot.
Think sky will put pressure on the powers that be to get the game played but it does sound like it’s going to be bad at certain points over the next 24 hours .

I don't doubt we can get a result tomorrow, but the match being postponed would be absolutely fantastic for us.

Not too sure about that. Their most important player is Poobag, as results have proven this season. I think they’d be delighted if it was off

I have never read that article before, probably because I always avoided the media after a disappointing game but I used to read everything after a great result! Having said that there are certain moments in certain games that I never forget, particularly derbies (SWP’s fourth strike from the by line, Dzeko’s sixth goal celebration etc) and that moment with Anelka ranks among them despite the years and the numerous derbies since. That description of the moment articulates it exactly as I remember it and that illustrates the strength of my feelings of injustice!

Don't forget the infamous Alf Grey non penalty in the fa cup game from their corner. The rags were kicking off because they thought he had awarded us a free kick when to everyone's astonishment he gave a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.