Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be?
I think it will as well. The points gap between us and them is only getting bigger and I don't see that changing. Right now it's being slated as a game that could end or reignite the title race. If we don't play them until late January/early Febuary, the gap will probably be bigger than then and the pressure will be off. We'll also have Stones and Kompany back.

Ha, I think it's a bit disingenuous to dismiss Pogba as a "show pony". He's obviously a quality player, as you would expect for £89m, and is hugely important to them. Stones is a pretty key player for us too though, and not much has been made of his absence tomorrow.

A show pony in my book is what a player does without the ball Pogba is a passenger like yaya now.

Just seen the news article from the Liverpool echo too, looks like their game is in jeopardy too.

Surely sky will want them both to played after the hype and build up this week.

Don't forget the infamous Alf Grey non penalty in the fa cup game from their corner. The rags were kicking off because they thought he had awarded us a free kick when to everyone's astonishment he gave a penalty.
I think you’re thinking of Alan Wilkie, mate. Alf Grey reffed the League Cup semi final in 1980/1, where his disallowed Kevin Reeves’s goal

The press love to sensationalize things. If there's any chance at all of the game being called off they'll jump on it.

Why would it be?

Not too sure about that. Their most important player is Poobag, as results have proven this season. I think they’d be delighted if it was off

Our players would get a well needed rest going into the christmas fixtures.

We'd only need to beat Swansea to break the wins record. Breaking records like that feeds into the aura building around the team.

I'm confident the gap would be a lot more than 8 points in February when it's likely to be rearranged to and we could enjoy 2 derbies knowing we'd already won the league in all but name.

Stones would be back and he's just as important to us as Pogba is to them. No coincidence that we've stopped scoring goals and started shipping them as soon as he's been injured - and particularly at set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.