Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the biggest derby since Vinny scored against them a few years ago en route to the title.

Hopefully the swamp crowd will drive the rags on to reckless attacking and we can pick them off.

I think I would be almost as disappointed to draw as to lose. Our league fixtures after this game are very winnable until well into January and the team could set a record for wins that will be very difficult to beat.

I think this will be our toughest challenge this season as they have players in good form but I trust our lads to compete strongly.

Wish it was Sunday already!

I think we will set up similarly to when we played Chelsea. I see them playing 3 at the back with 2 upfront in Lukaku and 1 other (maybe Martial). Pep will try to limit them from counter attacking similarly how we did against Hazard and Morata. We will try to dominate the midfield, but we will only have 1 striker in the box against 3 CB's. I think he'll tell Walker to invert and don't go up the pitch as much. I don't think we'll commit too many men forward. Might take some individual brilliance from KDB again.

I'll be amazed if we don't fall victim to a dodgy refereeing decision that costs us this game. It's not good for the Premier League if one team runs away with the league and if we go 11 points clear after the derby it will be a huge task for anyone to catch us. The Premier League and Sky won't want that.

In terms of the match itself, Arsenal created a lot of chances against United. We're a better team than Arsenal, but we'll need to be at our ruthless best as they are good on the counter. If we play to our best they won't be able to cope with us.

They will bombard us aerially so expect lots of dodgy free kicks being awarded out wide plus a million fucking corners.

They will bombard us aerially so expect lots of dodgy free kicks being awarded out wide plus a million fucking corners.
Hopefully vinny will be back to organise the back line,we miss john a lot and he said he won't be back till the new year now,we have gone soft at the back again

I'll be amazed if we don't fall victim to a dodgy refereeing decision that costs us this game. It's not good for the Premier League if one team runs away with the league and if we go 11 points clear after the derby it will be a huge task for anyone to catch us. The Premier League and Sky won't want that.

In terms of the match itself, Arsenal created a lot of chances against United. We're a better team than Arsenal, but we'll need to be at our ruthless best as they are good on the counter. If we play to our best they won't be able to cope with us.
This is my only worry about this game,a draw is really no good for the rags,it’s a win that is needed and wouldn’t be surprised to see some strange decisions,but if we play as we can I don’t see us losing a draw would be ok but we are greedy we want that win..

This is the biggest derby since Vinny scored against them a few years ago en route to the title.

Hopefully the swamp crowd will drive the rags on to reckless attacking and we can pick them off.

I think I would be almost as disappointed to draw as to lose. Our league fixtures after this game are very winnable until well into January and the team could set a record for wins that will be very difficult to beat.

I think this will be our toughest challenge this season as they have players in good form but I trust our lads to compete strongly.

Wish it was Sunday already!
I was in the bar with a load of work mates for this game.

There was some horrible Rag b**stard (Southerner, obviously), stood right behind me shouting and screaming for everything. There was one moment where that c**t Scholes went in for a pretty hefty challenge, and the Rag behind me screams "Kick his f**king neck off Scholesy", spraying his beer everywhere. This was not long before Vinny buried it in their net. When the ball went in, and I was sure the ref was going to allow it, I turned round completely out of character for me, put my finger to my lips, and said "Shhhhhh" right in his face. The Rag was absolutely raging, and his scally mates had to do the old comedy "hold me back" routine. I just turn round and casually carried on supping my pint. I was expecting a wallop, but nothing came my way. When I turned round 5 minutes later he'd gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.