Manchester's Characters

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Yes I remember the bag / trolly lady, the West Indian blokes with a banjo / spoons and Carlberg Specials and I remember well the deaf / mute punk, used to go to all the punk gigs and the Ritz on a Monday. Recall when his ''10p'' piece of paper went up to ''20p''!!

This was the busker, who changed his name to Marc Bolan, dubbed the worst busker in the country
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/79/79847_is_this_the_worst_busker_in_britain.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... itain.html</a>

Then there was the one man band, the Little Big Band!
Fuck!! Completely forgot the one man band!!

No one for the Seafood Man? Did no one used to booze in the Vine in the early 90's? He always popped in there with that fantastic voice!!!

Mikecini said:
Seafood man..... the guy with the big muscles??
I used to piss him off asking if he "Had crabs" or "Change of a squid"
How many other pissed up arse holes asked him that on his round I wonder ?

kippaxwarrior said:
strongbowholic said:
Dunno if it was the same woman but I do remember a chubby old lady who wore a greasy red coat, had matted silver/black hair who pushed a trolley round.
I was working in St Anns Square about 8-9 years ago and in the middle of the day she pulled her pants down and had a piss near where Barclays was.
Just a shame more of us don't follow suit. I call for a national piss-on-the-banks day.

The Ox said:
Mikecini said:
Seafood man..... the guy with the big muscles??
I used to piss him off asking if he "Had crabs" or "Change of a squid"
How many other pissed up arse holes asked him that on his round I wonder ?
If you genuinely remember him, you've made my night son.

I remember some long haired muppet quoting MP&the Holy Grail at him one night - your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

Seafood Man gave him one of those smiles that really said "I'd fucking love to slash your throat and stuff it with whelks". Really felt for him.

anyone remember the 2nd hand record stall in the Underground Market?
I only used to go there as there was a right fit MILF working it.

A few years after the UM closed, went to Blackpool and she had opened up a shop / stall there. I still would have then!

The (Afro-Carribean) retired bus driver that went round pubs singing karaoke into a toy mic.

The Canadian bloke that got on buses pretending to have just been mugged in order to get money from passengers to pay for him to get a train ticket to London etc. This actually got more serious as he'd nick his face to make it bleed to make it more believable.

The Asian lady on Wilmslow road lobbying passengers with a pieces of paper banging on about justice for her son and how our law is corrupt.

The bloke in Withington with the gurny face. Once saw him walk down to his seat in a church whilst having his hand push down the back of his pants to the horror of watchers-on.

strongbowholic said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Yes I remember the bag / trolly lady, the West Indian blokes with a banjo / spoons and Carlberg Specials and I remember well the deaf / mute punk, used to go to all the punk gigs and the Ritz on a Monday. Recall when his ''10p'' piece of paper went up to ''20p''!!

This was the busker, who changed his name to Marc Bolan, dubbed the worst busker in the country
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/79/79847_is_this_the_worst_busker_in_britain.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... itain.html</a>

Then there was the one man band, the Little Big Band!
Fuck!! Completely forgot the one man band!!

No one for the Seafood Man? Did no one used to booze in the Vine in the early 90's? He always popped in there with that fantastic voice!!!

I remember the Seafood man!

I mentioned him earlier today in the Pink Final thread.

Sure he worked for Kershaws...

Certainly remember him in The Vine too!!

Here's another one for you...

We used to call this bloke Walter...not sure why...

Anyway...he'd just be walking along in town and would shout "Yoo-hoo!"

Then if anyone turned round to see who'd been calling them he'd just blow a huge raspberry and keep walking!

Us lads in the know would blow raspberries at him - that really pissed him off!!

There's also a man that's dressed as a woman that looks exactly like Justin Hawkins from the darkness.

justin-hawkins-lead-singer-of-the-darkness-on-the-main-stage-at-t-in-the-park.jpg

I cringe everytime I see him. Worst tranny ever. haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.