Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

Can't say I would blame him for keeping his options open. Mancini said winning the league kept him his job. In the here today - gone tomorrow world of football, you definitely want to hedge your bets.

cookster said:
Bullshit or not Mancini can put it to bed by saying so tomorrow.

If it turns out he was courting another club whilst he should have complete focus on winning the title, I will have lost a bit of respect for him.

Perhaps that's why we had a bit of a bad patch around the arsenal game because his mind wasn't on City. Hope this is just another bullshit bit of journalism and Bobby denies any Monaco negotiations.

In hindsight it was significant that we did not buy any notable players in summer. Bobby must have anticipated the change coming.

It looks like adopting/adapting Barca type of football both at the management and playing levels must have been planned at least a year or so ago. The plan was to be implemented gradually over some months, perhaps? The lack of any substantial reinforcement in summer, a creation of DOF, an appointment of Txiki, Pep's imminent return from a sabbatical and now club's silence over Bobby's Monaco link all have an inevitable conclusion to me.

I hope this story is true. It beats having managers that no team with ambition would touch with a barge pole like some of the previous incumbents.

And if it is true, I can't see what the scandal is. He was being head-hunted, he spoke to the prospective employer, he didn't leave, he won the league, he signed a 5-year contract and......

If an employee of mine turned down a multi-million tax free salary to live in Monte Carlo to stay with me in wet, cold, grey Northern Europe I'd never doubt his loyalty ever again.

Pigeonho said:
Ah the old Bluemoon theory of a story being bullshit if its a negative one strikes again. I ask, if it was fergie in the story, would it be bullshit then?

I dont believe the story to be bullshit. At least not entirely. At the time Mancini was still on his original contract which was coming to an end. Why shouldn't he investigate other offers. If the nunbers in the story are to be believed his income would be similar to his new contact TAX FREE that's a minimum of an extra 40%. And I'm sorry folks but if the option is to open your curtains in the morning and look out across the harbor in Monaco or the Manchester skyline, well..... come on.

We, as supporters, should be chuffed that with all that and more on offer he chose to stay and fight the fight with City. Monaco was the easy option. Mancini took the football option.

Pidge how many negative stories come out of the swamp? Next to none.

Wreckless Alec said:
I hope this story is true. It beats having managers that no team with ambition would touch with a barge pole like some of the previous incumbents.

And if it is true, I can't see what the scandal is. He was being head-hunted, he spoke to the prospective employer, he didn't leave, he won the league, he signed a 5-year contract and......

I don't think this is a scandal. Nor has the article treated the info as such.
However, the question is the timing. Why did it become a piece of news now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.