Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

Pigeonho said:
Ah the old Bluemoon theory of a story being bullshit if its a negative one strikes again. I ask, if it was fergie in the story, would it be bullshit then?
Deliberately missing the point

Assuming it's true, which I doubt after all the other rubbish, it's presented in a very negative fashion. If he turned down a huge financial offer to stay at City, that's a good news story for most people.

You explain the incessant negative newsflow please.

I believe that the news media run on a commercial basis, and to sell their papers and up their web-site hits they print bad news about unpopular clubs, and good stories about popular clubs.

Refereeing is down to the fear of Man Utd / Ferguson, and the intense atmosphere at away grounds when the Champions visit which influences refs. I also think that it is possible that there's some corruption going on with refs as the refereeing decisions in favour of Man Utd eg Liverpool and Chelsea have been extreme and are very hard to explain otherwise. I look forward to your explanation...to date you haven't come up with one

Marvin said:
Pigeonho said:
Ah the old Bluemoon theory of a story being bullshit if its a negative one strikes again. I ask, if it was fergie in the story, would it be bullshit then?
Deliberately missing the point

Assuming it's true, which I doubt after all the other rubbish, it's presented in a very negative fashion. If he turned down a huge financial offer to stay at City, that's a good news story for most people.

You explain the incessant negative newsflow please.

I believe that the news media run on a commercial basis, and to sell their papers and up their web-site hits they print bad news about unpopular clubs, and good stories about popular clubs.

Refereeing is down to the fear of Man Utd / Ferguson, and the intense atmosphere at away grounds when the Champions visit which influences refs. I also think that it is possible that there's some corruption going on with refs as the refereeing decisions in favour of Man Utd eg Liverpool and Chelsea have been extreme and are very hard to explain otherwise. I look forward to your explanation...to date you haven't come up with one
Unpopular you say. Unpopular with who? The public? If that's the case, can you explain why the majority of fans of other clubs absolutely loved it when we pipped united to the league championship? We weren't very unpopular then, infact we were as popular with those fans as United's loss was.

BlueDejong said:
So...next summer .. Pep?

78Irl.png

^^^

7yRRJ.gif

Pigeonho said:

So true unless the press are blowing smoke up our ass nobody believes a word

Who cares honestly, he's the manager. Done a job and won us three trophies in just under 3 years, if starts to lose the team, fans or confidence of the club he's gone that's the nature of football.

So far though he's doing a good job and until any of the above happens he no doubt will be staying, so lets just get behind the club in general and enough with all this negativity bollocks!

I've been 100% behind Mancini from day one and still am. I am very disappointed to hear about this business with Monaco. Even if he thought he was going to get the sack he didnt need to go off talking to another club for weeks on end.

Let's not forget we are talking about a millionaire here, not an average bloke like us lot who needs to pay the mortgage and feed the kids. If he'd have been sacked he would have got a nice little pay off and could have gone back into football at any time.

Very disappointed.

IF Mancini had been told that winning the league was his goal IF he was going to receive the new long term deal, and IF after the Arsenal defeat he, like everyone else, seemed to believe we were NOT going to win the league (and thus Mancini believed he was going to be let go), THEN he was simply being prudent.

Regardless of all the conditional statements, what is NOT in doubt is that Mancini signed a significant deal to stay at City and is being backed by the owner with a world class back room operation and the best training facilities in the world to go with the quickest and most expensively assembled squad in the history of football.

All that said, SOMETHING needs to come from the Club and/or Mancini to put this to bed. Maybe, we are just waiting until the Sheikh has had a chance to talk to everyone involved and decide the next move?

Pigeonho said:

It it was Ferguson in the story I suspect The Guardian would've put a positive slant on it: "Sir Alex ignores Monaco riches to remain loyal to United".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.