Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

stony said:
BillyShears said:
My point about Kloss and our PR department stems from the systematic shit stirring we've seen from the papers in the last two and half years. As we can see, the headlines are "Mancini refuses to deny Monaco talks". Had he said "the story is nonsense" then they couldn't use that headline. If the story was true,then City should've banned all questions about it.

Was it Alistair Mackintosh that used this approach and threatened the press nearly every other week with legal action and bannings, etc. I seem to recall we lost a hell of a lot of good will with the press which we've been trying to rebuild ever since.

I think we're a long way from Mackintoss and his old ways. Kloss and her people managed to stop questions about Carlos last season because they weren't relevant to match preparation. This was in effect a non story from last season which had clearly been leaked by someone somewhere with an axe to grind. Can you imagine Slur Alex fielding questions about a story like this - never in a million years would he personally or their PR team allow it.

Why the hell does anyone care about this?

The footballing world is full of short sightedness and managers need to cover their backs. That doesn't mean he's not committed to City. It means at one point he might not have been convinced of City's commitment to him.

A few of our resident ITK's even told us there was murmurings of bringing in a new manager from the powers above when we fell 8 points behind the rags.

All I know is that, he turned it all down for a new contract at City, and if I remember correctly accepted less money to stay at City then to leave to Monaco, or Russia for that matter. He obviously wants to be here, all managers would. Money to spend, good squad, Champions League, Reigning domestic champions etc.

Non-story in my opinion. Don't know why it's being so heavily reported on to be honest.

Goo said:
Why the hell does anyone care about this?

The footballing world is full of short sightedness and managers need to cover their backs. That doesn't mean he's not committed to City. It means at one point he might not have been convinced of City's commitment to him.

A few of our resident ITK's even told us there was murmurings of bringing in a new manager from the powers above when we fell 8 points behind the rags.

All I know is that, he turned it all down for a new contract at City, and if I remember correctly accepted less money to stay at City then to leave to Monaco, or Russia for that matter. He obviously wants to be here, all managers would. Money to spend, good squad, Champions League, Reigning domestic champions etc.

Non-story in my opinion. Don't know why it's being so heavily reported on to be honest.

It appears that many people do not want this article to be true,because in their opinion it paints a negative spin on the Club.
I look at in a positive manner,that even if true,Bobby has decided to remain with us for his 5 year tenure,unless results tell him otherwise.If its been leaked by an "insider" then it appears to have backfired on them.

BillyShears said:
stony said:
BillyShears said:
My point about Kloss and our PR department stems from the systematic shit stirring we've seen from the papers in the last two and half years. As we can see, the headlines are "Mancini refuses to deny Monaco talks". Had he said "the story is nonsense" then they couldn't use that headline. If the story was true,then City should've banned all questions about it.

Was it Alistair Mackintosh that used this approach and threatened the press nearly every other week with legal action and bannings, etc. I seem to recall we lost a hell of a lot of good will with the press which we've been trying to rebuild ever since.

I think we're a long way from Mackintoss and his old ways. Kloss and her people managed to stop questions about Carlos last season because they weren't relevant to match preparation. This was in effect a non story from last season which had clearly been leaked by someone somewhere with an axe to grind. Can you imagine Slur Alex fielding questions about a story like this - never in a million years would he personally or their PR team allow it.

Comparisons with how bacon face deals with the press are unfair. The amount of clout he has with sports journos in this country is unrivalled. Even the BBC suck up and fear him in equal measure. We might be a long way from Mackintosh and his old ways but we are even further from being able to dictate to them and get the same fear/respect from them that the red nosed old pisscan does.

I think you're being harsh on our PR dept. When you consider the recent PR disasters from an established respected club like Liverpool, ours aren't doing too bad.

oakiecokie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
oakiecokie said:
So did he DENY it then ??
I must listen to it again .
Don't be foolish,you're just being cantankerous for the sake it.You know full well its bullshit that he's "refused" to deny anything.
If anything he's be very open.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.So why didn`t he just deny it you soft twat ?? He was asked and he didn`t deny.He thought about something to say and then claimed 7 clubs.He was then asked about the weather in Monaco and he replied that what about the weather in Italy,indicating something most of us had already heard that Juve and Milan would have liked him.
So do you absolutely think for one moment that he has not been touted ??

Is it raining today in Majorca?

Mikecini said:
oakiecokie said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Don't be foolish,you're just being cantankerous for the sake it.You know full well its bullshit that he's "refused" to deny anything.
If anything he's be very open.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.So why didn`t he just deny it you soft twat ?? He was asked and he didn`t deny.He thought about something to say and then claimed 7 clubs.He was then asked about the weather in Monaco and he replied that what about the weather in Italy,indicating something most of us had already heard that Juve and Milan would have liked him.

Fook off. ;) Actually I should change it to Cuba or Egypt now.

stony said:
BillyShears said:
stony said:

Comparisons with how bacon face deals with the press are unfair. The amount of clout he has with sports journos in this country is unrivalled. Even the BBC suck up and fear him in equal measure. We might be a long way from Mackintosh and his old ways but we are even further from being able to dictate to them and get the same fear/respect from them that the red nosed old pisscan does.

I think you're being harsh on our PR dept. When you consider the recent PR disasters from an established respected club like Liverpool, ours aren't doing too bad.

Some fair points in there Stony. Overall though I would say that if nothing else, there's certainly room for improvement in how we deal with the media in general at City - even if we aren't the disaster zone that is LFC ... ;)

oakiecokie said:
Mikecini said:
oakiecokie said:

Chuckle, bit damp today in Turkey.

Mancini is a very good, very experienced manager. Frankly, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any interest from other clubs.

If you're going out with a fit bird, she's still going to get a lot of interest from other guys, committed relationship or not.

Mikecini said:
oakiecokie said:
Mikecini said:

Chuckle, bit damp today in Turkey.

You out there on hols ?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm --<br /><br />
omcfc said:
Mancini is a very good, very experienced manager. Frankly, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any interest from other clubs.

If you're going out with a fit bird, she's still going to get a lot of interest from other guys, committed relationship or not.[/quote]

Fuck me,you`d make a good Agony Aunt !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.