Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

The Fat el Hombre said:
Might be bullshit but probably isn't

Makes absolutely no difference to me either way. So what? If we hadn't have won the league I probably wouldn't have minded him leaving anyway
Agreed. The Guardian are obviously chuffed with their scoop and are bigging it up like the bejesus, truth is it's not at all shocking, unusual or incredible, despite what they might say..Mancini thought he might be sacked and was negotiating another job in case that happened. Big deal! Hardly surprising, is it?

Bit of a non-story, in truth

EDIT: that is subject to billyshears' speculation re: timing below. Has this come from the Mancini camp? If so he's a fool to be playing politics now, IMHO

Danamy said:
Who gives a flying fuck?

A manager's agent is no different than a players agent, they put feelers out and keep options open for their client, I don't see an issue?

Things can change at a drop of a hat and there's no loyalty either way, that's the business and circles they work in.

Very curious timing for Taylor to drop a story like this. Either he's been sat on it for ages and it's a slow news day, or, someone has chosen to give it to him this week.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Who gives a flying fuck?

A manager's agent is no different than a players agent, they put feelers out and keep options open for their client, I don't see an issue?

Things can change at a drop of a hat and there's no loyalty either way, that's the business and circles they work in.

Very curious timing for Taylor to drop a story like this. Either he's been sat on it for ages and it's a slow news day, or, someone has chosen to give it to him this week.

I'm not having it anyhow, Mancio told me he wouldn't speak to any other club, so that's it as far as I'm concerned.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Who gives a flying fuck?

I love Bob whereas you're not a fan, Billy, but I think we agree that his position at the club has always been somewhat....fragile. I really wouldn't be surprised if Txiki & Soriano try to bring Guardiola in.

[quote="cookster
Well "IF" true Mancini obviously doesn't think his position is so secure or he was using it as a bargaining tool.

The club have made no comment which confirms either it's true or their checking with Mancini.[/quote]

A manager's position is only as secure as the next run of results.Mancini is probably a victim of his own success in that we are probably ahead of schedule,in that we won the league fairly quickly.Our owners want European and world domination though,which means either our champions league results and performances improve rapidly,tough draw or not,or they will look for a new manager.He knows this himself.

Seosa said:
I love Bob whereas you're not a fan, Billy, but I think we agree that his position at the club has always been somewhat....fragile. I really wouldn't be surprised if Txiki & Soriano try to bring Guardiola in.

In this particular instance I am being a little more cynical than you think. I would suggest that there is only one club to benefit from getting us on the back pages and putting pressure on Mancini at this particular juncture in the season - and that's Chelsea. And surprise surprise, Monaco's owner and Roman go way way way back.

If this has anything to do with anyone associated with City then it's a disgrace and that person clearly doesn't have the club's best interests at heart.

BillyShears said:
Seosa said:

In this particular instance I am being a little more cynical than you think. I would suggest that there is only one club to benefit from getting us on the back pages and putting pressure on Mancini at this particular juncture in the season - and that's Chelsea. And surprise surprise, Monaco's owner and Roman go way way way back.

If this has anything to do with anyone associated with City then it's a disgrace and that person clearly doesn't have the club's best interests at heart.

The text underlined opens my eyes, though I shouldn't be surprised by Roman's extended links to here, there & everywhere. Time'll tell...

BillyShears said:
Seosa said:

That's very interesting. What strikes me about the Guardian article is that it's evident that they have seen documentary evidence of the contract that had been agreed:
The information supplied to this newspaper, however, states that all terms of a prospective contract with Monaco had been agreed.

That, I would suggest, is highly unusual and chimes with your ultra-cynical theory above (in that I cannot believe that someone from Mancini's camp, or City, would disclose that kind of evidence to them - they would give verbal information only, I would have thought).

BillyShears said:
Seosa said:

Nah, I'm not having that theory Billy, if anything it's quite the opposite.

Chelsea will want Mancini to stay at City for as long as possible, they'll want first dibs on Pep when he gives the nod.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.