Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

If this was utter bullshit, the club could release a statement saying so. The fact that the club have gone down the "no comment" route, say's to me there is some truth in the Guardian article!

If it is true, it doesn't surprise me, Mancini has to look after himself and he probably didn't have any job security until the title was won, can't really blame the guy, for listening to other offers, just incase.

Does make you think maybe, just maybe this story has come out via a newly formed Spanish contingent in Manchester, who could be courting the idea of getting there pal Pep to join them once again. (nah can't be that).....

Lomas has a lob on said:
If this was utter bullshit, the club could release a statement saying so. The fact that the club have gone down the "no comment" route, say's to me there is some truth in the Guardian article!

If it is true, it doesn't surprise me, Mancini has to look after himself and he probably didn't have any job security until the title was won, can't really blame the guy, for listening to other offers, just incase.

Does make you think maybe, just maybe this story has come out via a newly formed Spanish contingent in Manchester, who could be courting the idea of getting there pal Pep to join them once again. (nah can't be that).....

Mancini said in an interview or a press conference around the start of the season that he was worried for his job if he did not win the title during the QPR game.

Like you said, he has to look after himself - being at the top is tough luck in modern management and you can be shown the door at anytime, no matter the guarantee from your chariman or owner.

Not surprised at all; he could well have walked if we hadn't won the league. After the Arsenal defeat he was - in some people's eyes - a dead man walking. He knows the expectations the owners have of him.
More interesting is that this corroborates recent comments in The Times saying that Bobby does not have unflinching support at the club - though there's no suggestion that he or the owners want out.
I suspect the next few months could be critical to Bobby's long term future given the recent board appointments; he's effectively working under a director of football when we are led to believe that he wanted total control over footy affairs, including player acquisition.

LoveCity said:
The cost to sack Mancini and his highly paid backroom would be astronomical. Mancini's new deal itself is worth around £5million a year over 5 years then you have the likes of Lombardo, Gregucci, Platt, Salsano, Carminati, Battara, Cancellieri, and god knows who else who would all have to go (Kidd might survive). It's not feasible while we handle Financial Fair Play so there would be no reason I don't think for this leak to have come from within the club as it'll hardly cause Mancini to quit (the only way to avoid the massive payoffs).

Just like Pardews big contract at Newcastle, Mancini will have so many clauses put in that it sways towards the owners side.

You never know if that retaining the league this season is a clause, he could fail to retain the league this season and the owners will have every right to sack him with a low compensation or no compensation fee if they have put such a clause in, which in my opinion they just might have done so - or getting out of the Champions League group, you just don't know.

Mancini's contract will never be in favour of him, only his wages will favour him, if anything the clauses in that contract are there to make him under pressure to succeed, thats what you should expect being at the top.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
The cost to sack Mancini and his highly paid backroom would be astronomical. Mancini's new deal itself is worth around £5million a year over 5 years then you have the likes of Lombardo, Gregucci, Platt, Salsano, Carminati, Battara, Cancellieri, and god knows who else who would all have to go (Kidd might survive). It's not feasible while we handle Financial Fair Play so there would be no reason I don't think for this leak to have come from within the club as it'll hardly cause Mancini to quit (the only way to avoid the massive payoffs).

Just like Pardews big contract at Newcastle, Mancini will have so many clauses put in that it sways towards the owners side.

You never know if that retaining the league this season is a clause, he could fail to retain the league this season and the owners will have every right to sack him with a low compensation or no compensation fee if they have put such a clause in, which in my opinion they just might have done so - or getting out of the Champions League group, you just don't know.

Mancini's contract will never be in favour of him, only his wages will favour him, if anything the clauses in that contract are there to make him under pressure to succeed, thats what you should expect being at the top.

Agree!

BillyShears said:
Seosa said:
I love Bob whereas you're not a fan, Billy, but I think we agree that his position at the club has always been somewhat....fragile. I really wouldn't be surprised if Txiki & Soriano try to bring Guardiola in.

In this particular instance I am being a little more cynical than you think. I would suggest that there is only one club to benefit from getting us on the back pages and putting pressure on Mancini at this particular juncture in the season - and that's Chelsea. And surprise surprise, Monaco's owner and Roman go way way way back.

If this has anything to do with anyone associated with City then it's a disgrace and that person clearly doesn't have the club's best interests at heart.

So you've got the triads fixing, in some way, 6 out of 10 prem games and now the the Russians are running the Guardian. The Cosa Nostra are running protection at the Summerbee Bar too.

The contract terms regarding payment and duration rely upon on other terms such as performance-related termination.

I'll take it out of lawyer-speak and say that the employer almost invariably wins, because ex-employees can usually be bought off. Such is life.

The much-quoted 5 year deal for Bobby is meaningless. Like us, the bosses are only concerned with what we can develop, achieve and, most importantly, win.

Bobby will go one day, a day near or far. Until then, we should all support him. To question his delivery to-date is to require perfection, in my view. Your opinion is a matter for you. CTID

This didnt need to come out if City didnt want it to.....(stir stir ;) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.