Mancini Almost Left To Manage Monaco

Interesting this coming from one of the most credible papers out there, no real quotes or references coming from it, wouldn't be like the guardian to make up such a story so must have some reasoning - smells fishy

No one knows if its true or not apart from him and a select few I would imagine.

Had he not won the league then I think he would have been sacked.

I think people who think he is here for the next 10 plus years are deluded. He will be here for as long as the owners think he can get us where they want us to be. Not where we want us to be, where they want us to be!

Whereas I am quite happy with top 3 every year and the odd bit of silverware thrown in, I doubt they will be.

Failure in the CL this season will lead to increased pressure for us to do well in the league again.

Failure next season in CL would lead to him going in my opinion.

Personally I dont blame him for keeping his options open as football is a very fickle business.

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
Seosa said:
I love Bob whereas you're not a fan, Billy, but I think we agree that his position at the club has always been somewhat....fragile. I really wouldn't be surprised if Txiki & Soriano try to bring Guardiola in.

In this particular instance I am being a little more cynical than you think. I would suggest that there is only one club to benefit from getting us on the back pages and putting pressure on Mancini at this particular juncture in the season - and that's Chelsea. And surprise surprise, Monaco's owner and Roman go way way way back.

If this has anything to do with anyone associated with City then it's a disgrace and that person clearly doesn't have the club's best interests at heart.

Nah, I'm not having that theory Billy, if anything it's quite the opposite.

Chelsea will want Mancini to stay at City for as long as possible, they'll want first dibs on Pep when he gives the nod.

Do you think our ex-Barca duo will push for Pep?

The media especially the football media depend on a gullable public to survive. Most days they have fuck all to write about ....

so they make some bullshit up to make a column and sell a paper .

or they would be out of work !

The cost to sack Mancini and his highly paid backroom would be astronomical. Mancini's new deal itself is worth around £5million a year over 5 years then you have the likes of Lombardo, Gregucci, Platt, Salsano, Carminati, Battara, Cancellieri, and god knows who else who would all have to go (Kidd might survive). It's not feasible while we handle Financial Fair Play so there would be no reason I don't think for this leak to have come from within the club as it'll hardly cause Mancini to quit (the only way to avoid the massive payoffs).

Seosa said:
Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
In this particular instance I am being a little more cynical than you think. I would suggest that there is only one club to benefit from getting us on the back pages and putting pressure on Mancini at this particular juncture in the season - and that's Chelsea. And surprise surprise, Monaco's owner and Roman go way way way back.

If this has anything to do with anyone associated with City then it's a disgrace and that person clearly doesn't have the club's best interests at heart.

Nah, I'm not having that theory Billy, if anything it's quite the opposite.

Chelsea will want Mancini to stay at City for as long as possible, they'll want first dibs on Pep when he gives the nod.

Do you think our ex-Barca duo will push for Pep?

My personal opinion is they're very professional in there work and I imagine they're happy to work alongside Mancini until such time they're told to find a new employee.

IF both jobs were available I think Pep would sway more towards Chelsea than us but that's only because I know he's spoken to them in the past.

LoveCity said:
The cost to sack Mancini and his highly paid backroom would be astronomical. Mancini's new deal itself is worth around £5million a year over 5 years then you have the likes of Lombardo, Gregucci, Platt, Salsano, Carminati, Battara, Cancellieri, and god knows who else who would all have to go (Kidd might survive). It's not feasible while we handle Financial Fair Play so there would be no reason I don't think for this leak to have come from within the club as it'll hardly cause Mancini to quit (the only way to avoid the massive payoffs).

Mancini nearly walked in his final days at Inter only to be persuaded not to do so before being sacked, so if he felt uncomfortable to the point of no return, would he do the same again?

BillyShears said:
Seosa said:
I love Bob whereas you're not a fan, Billy, but I think we agree that his position at the club has always been somewhat....fragile. I really wouldn't be surprised if Txiki & Soriano try to bring Guardiola in.

And funnily enough, it was Guus Hiddink's agent who leaked the fact his client had been approached both before Hughes was sacked (and I think that news played a large part in the events that led to Hughes going) and then again in the summer. And GH and Abramovich are also mates.

When Mancini was sacked by Inter,for not performing well enough in the CL, I thought he didn't take another job so he could sue them for unfair dismissal.Iirc that case finished about a month before he joined City . Why would he go for a new job if he felt he was in the same situation with us?
Maybe its me being thick but I can't see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.