Mancini: Are you an 'inner' or an 'outer'?

hallstreetblue should RM go in the summer I would prefer Jurgen Klopp from Borussia Dortmund just look what a strong squad he has built up there. The players he will bring in would certainly strengthen the squad and he will get them playing to the best of their abilities, which under RM this season hasn't happen all the time.

Something is not right with either the training sessions or the warm ups because we have had far to many hamstring injuries this season. this has got to be sorted out for next season, otherwise it might be the same all over again and we end up falling short again, and not winning the title.

leewill31 said:
IN...

who do we blame for not holding onto the title this season i cant point fingers at mancini purely on the facts that are for all to see.

1.he did not get the players he wanted for this current season mainly RVP and we can see what he has done this season to prove that..yaya and barry have worked there socks off this season but there was rarely any strength in depth to in the middle to help when needed again didn't get the players he needed.

2.the strikers we have should have stepped up and produced what they achieved last season and more.

i feel the stone has been set now for next season with the introduction of Soriano and Begiristain for mancini to step everything up a notch and hopefully help to retain the title and produce a better champions league campaign.

the only fault i will say i have had with mancini this season was his slight persistence to get the 3-5-1-1 or 3-5-2 system to work on a occasions but in no way do i think it has contributed to losing the league or faltering in the group stages of the champions league.

the one thing piss can did across the road was that if they were having a bad season in the premiership or champions league he would make sure his team came out of the season with a trophy whether that be the league cup or fa cup and so far that has what mancini has done baring we don't lose to wigan :)

this all is just my opinion but one i believe in to be close to the mark...in all honesty i cant say for all my years i have been as comfortable as i am now in having mancini as our manager and long may it continue.
Nice post, no managers are without their faults but we have a great overall management team in place now and should stick with it.Mancini is used to the continual nonsense from the media as well which in itself is a challenge.

C.bell8 said:
hallstreetblue should RM go in the summer I would prefer Jurgen Klopp from Borussia Dortmund just look what a strong squad he has built up there. The players he will bring in would certainly strengthen the squad and he will get them playing to the best of their abilities, which under RM this season hasn't happen all the time.

Something is not right with either the training sessions or the warm ups because we have had far to many hamstring injuries this season. this has got to be sorted out for next season, otherwise it might be the same all over again and we end up falling short again, and not winning the title.

I'm a big fan of Juergen Klopp's mate. However, I do think that Heynkes would be the ideal choice, for the simple reason; he took over a bunch of multi millionaires with attitudes. They went to 2 CL finals and lost them both. That's not good enough for Bayern. Heynkes has turned them into the best in the world. He'd do that for us too. Klopp ist brilliant, but not sure he would.

I think we need to bear in mind that Robert has won more in his past 4 years here then the **** did in his first 4 years at the shitters,

In or Out?

Just be very careful of what you wish for.

Incredible as it may seem to some who post on here, we had similar arguments over Joe versus Big Mal. Basically, there was a boardroom power struggle and at the same time, Juventus were after Mal as their new manager. Mal said he'd stay ONLY if he became City's manager in place of Joe, and the incoming Peter Swales duly obliged by sidelining Joe into a position whereby he had no option but to quit City. The fans were divided, some of whom could be classed as 'outers' wanting a flamboyant manager of the Mourinho mould to have sole command, whereas the 'inners' wanted the safe and steady Joe to remain in the hope that if Mal did go, Joe would find another able assistant.

Anyway, Mal won, Joe went, and although the club managed to hold firm for a few more years, albeit with a steady turnover of managers, it was never again the same and many of us felt we were being robbed of potential greatness, which proved to be from the 1980s onwards.

Now that I've said my bit, class me as an 'Inner' based on our history, and I'll leave this thread for others to do the arguing.

de niro said:
levets said:
de niro said:
your last line says it all.

Bob, at what stage did you become an 'inner'? As I know you weren't always! Infact you queried him at his 'fans seminar' if I recall

i did mate, if you were there you'll remember he saud wait and see when i have ny own players. his reply came to my question that despite having a very decent forward line why did he play such a negative way. to his credit he got the players in he wanted and despite my misgivings he did exactly as promised. we started playing quick swashbuckling football that won us the cup then the title. he still does some rotation that i find baffling but he has earned respect and we have to take him as he is.
his biggest flaw nowadays is his man management but again we find ourselves in a wembley final. i'll take that.

ps. i have seen so much change at city over the best part of 50 years, not always for the best. lets have some stabilty for a change, it may just be for the best. it has done our neighbours no harm.

Yes I remember...

I'm of the same generation and thought I'd be long gone before we ever won anything again!

ps: I meant Bill... got mixed up with De Niro lol....

I'm no cynic said:
In or Out?

Just be very careful of what you wish for.

Incredible as it may seem to some who post on here, we had similar arguments over Joe versus Big Mal. Basically, there was a boardroom power struggle and at the same time, Juventus were after Mal as their new manager. Mal said he'd stay ONLY if he became City's manager in place of Joe, and the incoming Peter Swales duly obliged by sidelining Joe into a position whereby he had no option but to quit City. The fans were divided, some of whom could be classed as 'outers' wanting a flamboyant manager of the Mourinho mould to have sole command, whereas the 'inners' wanted the safe and steady Joe to remain in the hope that if Mal did go, Joe would find another able assistant.

Anyway, Mal won, Joe went, and although the club managed to hold firm for a few more years, albeit with a steady turnover of managers, it was never again the same and many of us felt we were being robbed of potential greatness, which proved to be from the 1980s onwards.

Now that I've said my bit, class me as an 'Inner' based on our history, and I'll leave this thread for others to do the arguing.

What's the betting of Mou doing much the same if he goes back to Chelsea as Big Mal did when he came back to us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.