Mancini - Balotelli

argyle said:
You miss my point.

Those other players were banned, fined or whatever. As far as I can remember they weren't shunted from their respective teams. They weren't cited as disruptive influences that should be got rid of, even though they were kind of disruptive.

Mario is seemingly, oh here and in the press, being made out to be the worst player we've had and the sole reason why we've unraveled, etc.

Oh I don't miss your point. You miss mine. I couldn't care less about what other players have done in the past. I look at the bad press Mario gets and I believe he has brought nearly all of it upon himself. I don't feel the need to defend him because I don't think he deserves defending. He is undoubtedly hugely talented, but he is also a fucking moron and the balance has swung for me. I'd get rid of him in a heartbeat after today's showing. We don't have time to indulge him any longer.

The guy seems to be a likeable character off the pitch - on it, he scores a very few great goals, is a wonderful penalty taker but adds nothing else except controversy. Mancini was mad to play him tonight in view of his recent form and it's an indictment of Mancini that he didn't take him off before the end of the first half. He is unmanageable and the sooner Mancini recognizes it, the better. Last season I wanted him out after various incidents, gave him the benefit of doubt and laughed at some of his antics this season but he will never ever be a team player or grow up - GET RID asap.

BillyShears said:
argyle said:
You miss my point.

Those other players were banned, fined or whatever. As far as I can remember they weren't shunted from their respective teams. They weren't cited as disruptive influences that should be got rid of, even though they were kind of disruptive.

Mario is seemingly, oh here and in the press, being made out to be the worst player we've had and the sole reason why we've unraveled, etc.

Oh I don't miss your point. You miss mine. I couldn't care less about what other players have done in the past. I look at the bad press Mario gets and I believe he has brought nearly all of it upon himself. I don't feel the need to defend him because I don't think he deserves defending. He is undoubtedly hugely talented, but he is also a fucking moron and the balance has swung for me. I'd get rid of him in a heartbeat after today's showing. We don't have time to indulge him any longer.

You really believe he brings all the attention on himself? All Mario has to do is sneeze and it will be in the papers!

He doesn't do himself favours, but alot of the media attention is overblown. It's like the default story - if there's nothing else to write about, stick a Balotelli story in there.

I've said many times on here before, his reputation is what's harming him. Case in point, he does a mistimed tackle for his second booking, he gets sent off. Koschelny does a near similar tackle minutes later should have got his second......and nothing.

didactic said:
Watching it now on MOTD he was in full speed going for the ball. He just tries too hard.

I respect your view didatic but another weekend and as usual Mario is grabbing the headlines for negative reasons.

It was a horrible tackle, stoods up with the likely outcome an injury to a fellow professional.

My concern is for Man City , not Mario are any other individual. Not everyone can be wrong about him.

Everyone was expecting him to be sent off, predictably they were right

Rushton121 said:
He scores goals.

Does he fuck

He scores pens<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:13 pm --<br /><br />
shadygiz said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Some of balotelli's apologists can't accept the fact people such as Hansen, Redknapp and certain posters on here were right all along.

They let blind faith get in the way of rationale and what is staring them in the face.

I wanted Lee Bradbury, Bob Taylor and Samaras all to come good, made allowances.

Deep down, knowing full well they were the wrong man.

If I had seen a kid do that tackle today, I would expect him to be dragged off.

Yet we have a manager who fails to see his faults.

A damning indictment. Mario doesn't care, he's a type who will always find excuses in life.

Adoption, racism, girls coming on to him, referees, media, never him.

mancini out

And take that disgrace Balotelli with you.

argyle said:
He made a terrible tackle. He will be rightly banned.

However he hasn't been the first and won't be the last. It's sad that some City fans have decided to turn on a player, with viciousness too, over something which has been done by good/great players before.

Did he jump into stands and kick and punch a fan? (Cantona)
Did he deliberately try to end someones career? (Keane)
Did he push over a ref? (Di Canio)
Did he head-butt a player (Zidane)
Did he deliberately fain injury and get a player sent off? (Rivaldo)

All those players had wonderful careers, and were seen as fantastic players regardless of whether you liked them or not.

People are acting like Mario's the worst player and person to have ever played the game.

He hasn't helped himself for sure, but too many fans have bought into the media bullshitathon concerning Mario.

The difference is that these players were all great, memorable, in some cases legendary players. Mario isn't - and never will be. Have we seen 'tackles' worse than the one he did today? Of course. But it isn't the first time he's pulled crap like that. I saw him put his foot almost through a Dynamo Kiev players chest practically in front of me. The resulting red card almost certainly cost us our place in the Europa League last season. And the worst thing about it was that it was a totally unnecessary challenge. Did his lacklustre, petulant performance today cost us the title today? No. But the same performances throughout the season have been a contributory factor for sure.

I keep hearing about what a great player he is. About why his antics are tolerated because of what he can do on the pitch. I'll be honest, aside from the occasional ... very occasional ... glimpse, the man is ordinary at best. He's not fit to clean the boots of the players you've named above. I've followed this thread from page one and am astounded that the word 'over-rated' wasn't used until the pages numbered in their 40's.

We all remember the story of the Emperor's new clothes? Well, Mario, today is the day that we all stand up and say, "Actually, you're not that good".

argyle said:

However he hasn't been the first and won't be the last. It's sad that some City fans have decided to turn on a player, with viciousness too, over something which has been done by good/great players before.

All those players had wonderful careers, and were seen as fantastic players regardless of whether you liked them or not.

People are acting like Mario's the worst player and person to have ever played the game.

He hasn't helped himself for sure, but too many fans have bought into the media bullshitathon concerning Mario.

Cantona, Keane, Di Canio ect, ect, they have nothing to do with the here and now, rightly or wrongly Mario knows he is a marked man with referees when he walks onto the field yet he has'nt changed his attitude or style of play to accomodate this

I know he hates Balotelli but Redknapp is more or less spot on IMO. Ignore his Shrek fawning though.

-

No respect for the fans or the shirt... it's time to sell Balotelli
By Jamie Redknapp
PUBLISHED: 22:17, 8 April 2012 | UPDATED: 22:17, 8 April 2012

When I look at Manchester City, I see a club divided: talented, professional footballers, people like Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, James Milner and Joe Hart.

Watch their faces as they left the field yesterday as the Sky cameras captured the hurt and pain after their defeat at Arsenal.

Then I look at Mario Balotelli.

This is a proper football club, a club who have suffered a great deal before reaching the position of title contenders.

The relegations and the heartbreak, while living in the shadow of their mighty neighbours.

When I watch Balotelli, I see a player who has no respect for the shirt, no respect for the history and no respect for the supporters who have been to the lower reaches of the Football League before suddenly finding themselves watching an oil-rich club who can compete financially with anyone in the world.

Balotelli has ability and he has scored 17 goals, including two in the 6-1 victory at Manchester United, but does his quality outweigh the negative shadow he casts across the club? No.

Sir Alex Ferguson must have watched Balotelli implode and had a quiet chuckle to himself. Manchester United have not been without their mavericks, but each of them - from Best to Cantona to Rooney - have a burning desire and a love of the game, a passion to succeed and a drive to be the best.

Rooney has not been without his problems. But he hasn't been booked in the Premier League this season and looks to be growing up.

Balotelli is incapable of growing up.

I understand at City, the feeling among the other players is that there is one rule for Balotelli and another rule for the rest.

If the owners are to sack Roberto Mancini for coming up short this season, then it is his handling of Balotelli that has exposed his failings as a manager more than any other. He signed him.

He knew what he was letting himself in for. When Jose Mourinho sold Balotelli, it was because he didn't believe he could change his ways.

Mourinho is the master motivator and can deal with egos. He couldn't deal with Balotelli. If the Special One is to be the next manager of City, Balotelli will be sold. No question.

On Sunday, he was wearing YOLO on his T-shirt, under his City top. You Only Live Once. Well, this is a player who has used up his lives.

I played with mavericks, players like my friend Robbie Fowler. But he understood it was about the team, not just about him. Balotelli doesn't get that. He doesn't get a lot of things.

He has failed his manager and his club. Even if they stay with Mancini, they should sell Balotelli. He is not worth the hassle and he proved it again on Sunday.

argyle said:

You're totally right about overreaction. Mario's not cost us the league, he's simply one member of the squad who 'on balance' probably didn't offer enough to be worthy of a place at the club next season. It's not a hatred or vitriolic assessment, just a fair one I'd say (and he's not alone in not having done enough to warrant another season).

However, to you point about other famous players.

Those players won leagues (repeatedly), European Championships, or talismen that turned positively influenced the fortunes of their clubs. Is was those 'achievements' what afforded them an ability get away with some truly shocking stuff far worse than Mario.

Mario however, rightly or wrongly, will not be afforded that, since there's very little to 'counter' his actions. What all those guys did was shocking (Keane's being the worst of all - with genuine malice).

Mario shouldn't be hounded and made a scapegoat. But the fact remains. He should be let go. We're a fair club, we give players a chance (so I'd like to think), but we're also moving on and progressing, and we reward hard working players with a good attitude too don't we? What's it saying to players who can't get in the team, but graft hard... when you're pandering to Mario? At some point, the long term good of the team and club has to come before Mario.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.