Mancini Breaking News Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
gazbaz said:
city2 said:
Is this pell guy being used as a smokescreen while we go for a bigger target like Jose ?

I think you are underestimating Pellegrini, and no I dont think there are any smokescreens
But we might need a Plan B

Ducado said:
There has been some hysterics over this, I like Mancini for all he has done, but this season we have under performed and he is the boss, that's life in the modern game, we are dining at the top table now.

He has taken us as far as he can, and I thank him for it, but some of the football we have played this season has been dire

yes, some of it has been dire at times, but so has some of United's, Chelsea's etc. I honestly think this will come back to haunt us if we get rid of Mancini. Let me put it this way, one year ago today we had won the league. If right then I had created a thread called "One year on" and I stated that we would come 2nd in the league and runners up in the FA Cup the next season, would you say that we had failed and the manager must go? Every top club has some seasons when they don't win something. Look at United last year, and several other times over the past 27 years, but United stuck by there man, supported him and looked at the bigger picture. Stability brings trophies. Mancini has done wonders in his first 2 seasons, this season not so much but he wasn't backed one iota in the summer. Transfer targets were missed and we ended up with Rodwell, sinclair and Garcia - average at best. If his days have been numbered from the moment Txiki (sp) came into the club, then why not get rid straight away? He has won 3 trophies in 3 seasons at City, as a fan I think that's a pretty good record. Because we have had one "iffy" season does not constitute as a failure, and getting rid of him, for a manager who has 1 trophy to his name is a knee jerk reaction, and in my eyes, one monumental fuck up. Pellegrini IS NOT the man to succeed Mancini.

Were there not stories on here last week the Mourinho was the scums 1st target,but he wanted Chelsea as his daughter has enrolled in some posh london school ??

Sure Ive read sommat like that on here.

I don't think anything has ever been used as a smokescreen for anything in football, but people say it all the time.

gazbaz said:
city2 said:
Is this pell guy being used as a smokescreen while we go for a bigger target like Jose ?

I think you are underestimating Pellegrini, and no I dont think there are any smokescreens

Ah the good old football fan smokescreen.

If you think we could get the whole world thinking we're hiring Pellegrini and do the old switcheroo with the manager of Madrid you're alarm is probably due to go off any minute now.

Prestwich_Blue said:
FanchesterCity said:
Parksidecity said:
So if players like Kompany , silva , Kun turn round and ask for a transfer as they don't get on with bob

who goes bob or the players

which forces certain peoples hands
The players go.

The day the players start dictating the manager, is the day we become Chelsea.
NO player (or manager) is bigger than the club.

One of the reasons for United's success is that the players KNEW who was boss. Rightly or wrongly, what Ferguson said was gospel.
Some call it bullying, and there's a good case for that. Others call it firm leadership, and there's an equally good case for that.
But when you count their trophies... I think I'd opt for a 'firm leader' every day of the week.
Joe Mercer was a firm leader but he knew when to put his arm round a player who needed it. That's the issue with Mancini. If a few malcontents are causing problems then I'd agree but when you get players like Vinny, Zab and Magic Dave kicking off then there's clearly something wrong.

who is this magic Dave? is he a new signing? we used to have a magician but he's been crap for months... Mancini's fault I'm sure....

Vinny WAS out of order turning out for Belgium after missing SIX weeks for us. But I understand he's a proud Belgian and all that...

There are good footballing reasons for possibly getting rid of Mancini. On balance I probably wouldn't. But it is the prerogative of the owners to do as they see fit. What is not acceptable is the way this has been handled.

Mancini brought us our first league since 1968, and in my book that means he deserves to be treated with a bit of respect. And that means not being spotted meeting alternative managers and thus creating a storm of media shit. Especially not before our biggest game of the season. The whole day at Wembley had a slightly surreal atmosphere and I blame the two Barca clowns for the defeat as much as Mancini and the players.

They are now in a desperate position themselves. If Pellegrini turns out to be a dud, all credibility they had will be shot. Soriano also presided over the bankruptcy of Spanair so his record already looks a bit jaded.

Scenario 1:

Baconface calls it a day, Manure hire Moyes

Mancini relieved of manager's job & Pellegrini installed

Scenario 2:

Baconface rings mourinho and offers him the job. Mou say's sorry but I am City bound. Baconface shit's it retire's asap and dumps gollum in the hotseat

Either way City win ; )

sincity said:
MSP said:
bumbleblue said:
Dunno if this is relevant but i have just had a text saying Paul Power, Jim cassell and Adam Sadler (coach u 18s) have all gone today? anyone?

Looks like complete restructure of the coaching part of the club.

Nothing surprising though considering how shit those youth teams were.

However, weren't the u-14s scoring like 10, 11 goals a game, and I think they won a trophy? Are these coaches going to be replaced as well?
Also, I'm guessing if Mancini departs, Lombardo is also leaving?

As well as coaches, the scouting department needs to be overhauled as well..

I can see a brigade of continental coaches coming but not managers mates to learn their stuff but some more experienced professionals.

I don't know about English guys, looks like people here like some of them from earlier times but I personally am not really a fan of English football style and with Spanish guys on the top it was never set to work for them at City anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.