Mancini Breaking News Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it was claimed earlier today that he has a pre-contract agreement, I forget the exact words with Chelsea

If we were really interested in Mourinho, and we've been reportdely actively looking for a replacement, I think we'd have heard something substantial by now.

However deals fall through, and circumstances change, and I bet at least one tabloid will make the link, and then next day report the Snub

Salfordian Blue said:
ped said:
guy on talk shit this morning ,i know but i cant help it when city are talked about,said pele,spent 200,million at real and won f.a ,anyone better informed /?
In his year in charge, he set a then record points total while bedding in four world class signings, one of whom was injured for a good chunk of the year. It was the year that Barcelona really took off, otherwise they'd have won it. He had a 75% win percentage, more than any other Madrid manager before or since. Many think he was only fired because Jose suddenly became available.

Look what he did with Villarreal. He took a club from a town around the same size as Bury to the semi finals of the Champion's League, and had them finish ahead of Barcelona in the league. He was an offside goal away from taking a self destructing Malaga to the semi finals of the same competition. Under him, Isco has emerged as a major talent. Hell, he's overseen Roque Santa Cruz scoring 12 goals in the league this year... and he's borderline disabled!

Shaelumstash said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Try and put yourself in Vicky Kloss' stiletto's for a second.

Firstly, the initial leak does not come out if City, they are playing catch-up in the team hotel on the morning of a Cup Final.

In addition, are we then expected to lie to the wider media, the fans and Mancini, by making a rod for our own backs prior to kick off, knowing it will come back to haunt us?

Mancini has been a dead man walking for months, but I'm certain the club wanted to conclude it in the right manner at the end of the season.

Kloss walks in to Mancini already holding court in a small ante room.

How embarrassed would you feel to be then brought into the equation.

Subsequently, why would you then even want to go out on a limb for someone who publicly called you a cnut?

It comes to something when the journos present felt the need to step in and defend the person who is supposed to keep them in check.

There have been many times this season when Mancini goes off message and it turns into a bigger story that it should have been.

His Monaco revelations, United being luckyk, Nkkasri/wanting to punch him.

You can't interject when he is the instigator, you only undermine him by pulling him up.

The job is to pull up journos not the manager.

What an absolute load of bollocks.

If Vicky Kloss' job is "Director of communication" then she is responsible for the clubs dealings with the press. It is her direct responsibility to manage the press and what is written about us, in the best interests of the club.

It was without doubt in the best interests of the club for these reports of Mancini's sacking to be squashed before the cup final, to allow everyone to focus fully on the job at hand - winning the trophy.

She decided to remain silent, and has left the manager as a dead man walking. It has had a huge affect on the mood of Mancini himself, his staff, the players, and the fans.

Even if she know he's getting sacked, it would have been very easy to come out with a press release on the morning of the game saying "Roberto Mancini remains the manager of Manchester City, and reports that he has been sacked are entirely false. Roberto and the club are completely focused on winning our 3rd major trophy under his stewardship." No lying there.

Slergie told the pres last week he "Wouldn't be walking away in the forseeable future" only to announce his retirement 3 days later. The press haven't mentioned it, because who gives a fuck. He did what was best for the club - keeping them focused on winning football matches. Fuck it if the press feel aggrieved.

And regards to it being "all a bit rushed, they didn't have time on cup final morning" well I'm afraid that's the nature of PR in 2013. With 24 hour news and social media, you have to react on a minute by minute basis now. I knew about these reports the night before the game, and even started a thread saying they should come out first thing in the morning with a press release. Fuck all happened and the rest is history.

She's come from working for the police, got the job at City under an old regime, "because no one else was doing it". She's completely out of her depth. The way the press report about this club is appalling, and she's responsible for managing that. We need someone with experience of working for a big multinational, she's not good enough.

I don't need any instruction on it thanks!

In fact, the only bollocks seems to be from you.

You clearly know nothing about Vicky Kloss that's for sure.

You make her sound like a bobby pounding the beat!

She is more than qualified and like I state, she is not a press officer.

She is responsible for corporate communications and has been fast-tracked up the ladder by Abu Dhabi, as a result of her work.

Kloss is not the go to person these days for the press.

Eccles Blue said:
Has anything happened yet? I got myself a life and went away from the computer for a couple of hours!!

Is there any news?
No. Although possible that some of academy coaches have left...see Cassell topic

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Shaelumstash said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Firstly, the initial leak does not come out if City, they are playing catch-up in the team hotel on the morning of a Cup Final.

In addition, are we then expected to lie to the wider media, the fans and Mancini, by making a rod for our own backs prior to kick off, knowing it will come back to haunt us?

Mancini has been a dead man walking for months, but I'm certain the club wanted to conclude it in the right manner at the end of the season.

Subsequently, why would you then even want to go out on a limb for someone who publicly called you a cnut?

It comes to something when the journos present felt the need to step in and defend the person who is supposed to keep them in check.

There have been many times this season when Mancini goes off message and it turns into a bigger story that it should have been.

His Monaco revelations, United being luckyk, Nkkasri/wanting to punch him.

You can't interject when he is the instigator, you only undermine him by pulling him up.

If Vicky Kloss' job is "Director of communication" then she is responsible for the clubs dealings with the press. It is her direct responsibility to manage the press and what is written about us, in the best interests of the club.

It was without doubt in the best interests of the club for these reports of Mancini's sacking to be squashed before the cup final, to allow everyone to focus fully on the job at hand - winning the trophy.

She decided to remain silent, and has left the manager as a dead man walking. It has had a huge affect on the mood of Mancini himself, his staff, the players, and the fans.

Even if she know he's getting sacked, it would have been very easy to come out with a press release on the morning of the game saying "Roberto Mancini remains the manager of Manchester City, and reports that he has been sacked are entirely false. Roberto and the club are completely focused on winning our 3rd major trophy under his stewardship." No lying there.

Slergie told the pres last week he "Wouldn't be walking away in the forseeable future" only to announce his retirement 3 days later. The press haven't mentioned it, because who gives a fuck. He did what was best for the club - keeping them focused on winning football matches. Fuck it if the press feel aggrieved.

And regards to it being "all a bit rushed, they didn't have time on cup final morning" well I'm afraid that's the nature of PR in 2013. With 24 hour news and social media, you have to react on a minute by minute basis now. I knew about these reports the night before the game, and even started a thread saying they should come out first thing in the morning with a press release. Fuck all happened and the rest is history.

She's come from working for the police, got the job at City under an old regime, "because no one else was doing it". She's completely out of her depth. The way the press report about this club is appalling, and she's responsible for managing that. We need someone with experience of working for a big multinational, she's not good enough.

I don't need any instruction on it thanks!

In fact, the only bollocks seems to be from you.

You clearly know nothing about Vicky Kloss that's for sure.

You make her sound like a bobby pounding the beat!

She is more than qualified and like I state, she is not a press officer.

She is responsible for corporate communications and has been fast-tracked up the ladder by Abu Dhabi, as a result of her work.

Kloss is not the go to person these days for the press.

Why not stick you neck on the line and tell us what has actually happened and who is coming in. Is it Pellegrini 100% because the reports from him today are pretty adamant he has no deal with City.

I am pretty sure that Pelle stated that he was under an agreement with Malaga to not discuss talks with other clubs.

"I had a date agreed with Malaga not to talk to anyone and I have no agreement with anyone.... In the next few days I hope to clarify a bit what the future will be here in the club."

We know his agent had talks with Txiki, so this just tells me he's following his prior agreements and being a gentleman. He very well may not have signed a contract for us, but it sounds like if he's decided, he's simply waiting a few days and will go forward. Probably more likely that he's trying to remain untarnished in this increasingly botched scenario.

Shaelumstash said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

His Monaco revelations, United being lucky, Nasri/wanting to punch him.

Totally agree. Look at Bayern that wanted Heynckes out that leaked the news before Christmas and issued a statement. He's had time to digest the news and refocus. Now he's leading their team to Wembley as a last laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.