Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knuckles_waiting.gif

The_Mo said:
Mayor West said:
lordloverocket said:
All ov a sudden weve got football experts saying how good pelligrinni is, come on giv your fuckin heads a wobble the has a shit cv and has won fuck all so dont start making out hes the new special one! The clubs made a rite fuck up we all ended up goin to wembley to watch a team that had been told the manager was leaving, why do that before a cup final fukin dogshit city whoever is involved.

All of a sudden we've got football experts saying how shit pellegrini is, come on give your fucking heads a wobble. If you don't know anything about football, don't comment on it. simple really.
I'de sooner have Roberto Martinez than this Pellican bloke. Outplayed us in all 3 games with a relegation threatened side. Sign him up!

Theres no way he would even be considered, unfortunately imo. someone will take a chance on him and he will be a success

Balti said:
stony said:
Matty said:
My take on all this is that it is probably the right time for City and Mancini to part ways. I am not convinced he is the man to improve our performances for next season, and he seems to have lost the support and the confidence of both the board and the players. However I remain to be convinced that Pellegrini is the right man to do that. He hasn't really got a record of winning trophies, in Europe at least, and at 59 he's hardly a young manager yet to prove himself on that front. His record in Europe with Malaga and Villarreal is admirable, and a similar run would be much welcomed at City, but winning the title back should be priority number one.

That pretty much sums up the way I feel. I been sitting on the fence but reports that Mancini alienates those around him is a huge worry for me. If he was getting results it wouldn't matter, but the performances this season have been insipid. Even forgetting the terrible performances in Europe, we should be beating Wigan every time we play them. They wanted it more than us and that is unacceptable.

apparently Wigan are not allowed to beat 'the worlds greatest club ever' (tm) either, and yet.........

... and think of Wimbledon,Sunderland,Southampton etc.

BillyShears said:
Balti said:
all this bollox about being a prickly character well look across town and see that it didn't stop baconface bringing in a record haul and even that twat had barren seasons

and finally if it's a choice between the manager and someone like Marwood because they can't work together then bin fricking Marwood and find someone else who can

Mancini is almost universally loathed behind the scenes at City. Ferguson almost universally loved and revered.

Does make me laugh that you're are still having a go at Marwood. Again, for someone who's so incompetent it was obvious at Wembley where his place at City is and where he stands within City's hierarchy.

Go on then, back up this.....fact?

adrianr said:
Matty said:
My take on all this is that it is probably the right time for City and Mancini to part ways. I am not convinced he is the man to improve our performances for next season, and he seems to have lost the support and the confidence of both the board and the players. However I remain to be convinced that Pellegrini is the right man to do that. He hasn't really got a record of winning trophies, in Europe at least, and at 59 he's hardly a young manager yet to prove himself on that front. His record in Europe with Malaga and Villarreal is admirable, and a similar run would be much welcomed at City, but winning the title back should be priority number one.

Good summary. I'm not clamouring for the man to be sacked but I think given how this end of season has been handled sometimes you just need to cut away dead flesh. I don't think anything good could come of him staying now, too many lines have been drawn in the sand by too many people. If he has indeed fallen out with the main boss man then that is surely that anyway. Pellegrini with a full pre season and a fresh bout of confidence, more attacking playing style, could be just the tonic.

Only question now is why are we wasting time slowly sawing it off?
Because we are owned by Sheikh Mansour who has other responsibilities?

Eccles Blue said:
Just a thought, just need to get off this flaming Bluemoon (sorry Ric, I have a lot to do and keep getting dragged back on here by my curiosity!)
You're not the only one. Went off to clean the hallway and came back for a quick check, halfway through shaking out the mat.

Eccles Blue said:
I guess we have to wait for the players' biographies to come out to find out if Mancini did really alienate all the players! The way the press (mis) report stuff how can we be sure?

Just a thought, just need to get off this flaming Bluemoon (sorry Ric, I have a lot to do and keep getting dragged back on here by my curiosity!! Or is it my 'depression'?!!)

Never seen so many names on here at this time of day before I don't think.

So many different reports of Mancini alienating the players though. I mean we, the fans, see he's a confrontational character. I think the press exaggerate it to sell papers, but there has never been a strong sense of a relationship between Mancini and the players. How many times have you seen a player run and hug Mancini on the touchline? I'm not saying you need this, but I think Mancini has alienated himself this season with his attitude and his comments. Funny enough Mourinho has done the same at Madrid. Footballers are becoming more and more like actors. They live in this bubble and you have to have very good man management skills to get the best out of them. Personally I think it is pathetic but I guess it is just the way football has gone.

The_Mo said:
Mayor West said:
lordloverocket said:
All ov a sudden weve got football experts saying how good pelligrinni is, come on giv your fuckin heads a wobble the has a shit cv and has won fuck all so dont start making out hes the new special one! The clubs made a rite fuck up we all ended up goin to wembley to watch a team that had been told the manager was leaving, why do that before a cup final fukin dogshit city whoever is involved.

All of a sudden we've got football experts saying how shit pellegrini is, come on give your fucking heads a wobble. If you don't know anything about football, don't comment on it. simple really.
I'de sooner have Roberto Martinez than this Pellican bloke. Outplayed us in all 3 games with a relegation threatened side. Sign him up!

RM is a very talented young manager. However, please remember that it was Pellegrini at Villareal who outmanaged Moyes when Everton made the CL qualifiers after finally finishing fourth a few seasons ago. I look forward to seeing Pelly repeat that feat many times in the near future.

By the way, how did Bobby fare in his head-to-head matchups with Gollum?

stony said:
Matty said:

That pretty much sums up the way I feel. I been sitting on the fence but reports that Mancini alienates those around him is a huge worry for me. If he was getting results it wouldn't matter, but the performances this season have been insipid. Even forgetting the terrible performances in Europe, we should be beating Wigan every time we play them. They wanted it more than us and that is unacceptable.

I'm about here as well gents, its purely a football decision IMO. One thing to sack a manager after a season of swashbuckling football that has seen us come up just an inch or two short, but its another to hand over another x amount of million quid to Mancini in the hope that this will somehow reverse the trend of lethargic shite we have seen all too often this season.

Throw the supposed alienation of the world and his uncle in the mix and I just cant argue with the move, now is probably the best time. As for Pellegrini, time will tell if he is the right fella but I hope he gets everyones backing....just a reminder, there were some boos the first few games Mancini was in charge....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.