Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Andouble said:
Pellegrini isn't going to Barca, they won't get rid of Villanova

I agree, I think it would be disrespectful to Tito if they moved on from him.

It should be Tito's decision to leave not Barca's, if that's becomes the situation then maybe Pellegrini will become the option, maybe the reason we look to be moving fast?!

wouldn't be the end of the world as I think there's quite a few good managers to choose from out there but it'd be a devastating blow for our board as they seem to have burnt all bridges with Barcelona.

sam-caddick said:
Andouble said:
Pellegrini isn't going to Barca, they won't get rid of Villanova

I agree, I think it would be disrespectful to Tito if they moved on from him.

It should be Tito's decision to leave not Barca's, if that's becomes the situation then maybe Pellegrini will become the option, maybe the reason we look to be moving fast?!

Pellegrini is so much superior to Tito, it isn't funny. And even though Tito is another "homegrown" manager he just doesn't seem to have many ideas and Barca's intensity has halved since he replaced Pep. He looked out of his depth tactically in the CL and like us at times, relied on individual brilliance (Messi) to bail them out. They did win the league but Real Madrid was imploding for half the season with the usual politics and they have been largely disappointing. So do Barca allow sentimentality and Catalan bias to rule or go for a better coach? Pellegrini would be outstanding at Barca, he would revive the intensity. Guardiola once called him an "exceptional coach".

MSP said:
citysince88 said:
We're going to need an entire new back room staff too, Platt will go for sure. The goalkeeping coach fausto i think is his name Joe seems to like him, Lombardi the players like also. Add to that the supposed retirement of Kiddo whose going to replace him ?

Steve Bruce

Could be worse could be Gary Megson.

I would be surprised with Pellegrini going to Barcelona unless they are looking for complete change of direction with their approach. If Vilanova cannot continue through ill health, then surely they would go for Laudrup or someone who knows the set up and club culture.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10052146/Roberto-Mancini-will-be-sacked-by-Manchester-City-this-week.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -week.html</a>

As in previous seasons, City had been planning to resolve Mancini’s future with a post-season debriefing in Abu Dhabi. Mancini’s ­deteriorating relationship has also contributed to the club’s belief that a change is required. However, with doubts over Mancini’s position intensifying following the Cup final, a swift resolution to the situation is anticipated this week, possibly today.

Mancini appeared in no mood to resign, though, when asked about his position. “I don’t need to talk about my future,” Mancini said. “I have a four-year contract. Every contract can be broken, but I don’t think the board need to talk about me.

“I was sacked after seven trophies with Inter after we won three championships and we went to the cup final. But in this case I don’t think I should worry. But this is not for me, it’s for the club.”

Pellegrini last night denied any agreement was in place for him to take over at Manchester City.

"Regarding my future, I have not spoken to anyone. We will wait and see what happens at the end of the season," he said.

"At this moment in time I have no agreement in place not with Manchester City, not with Roma, not with Napoli, not with PSG, not with any of the clubs who have been mentioned."

Asked to explain what assurances he would need from Malaga to stay beyond this summer, he added: "It's too complicated to discuss in a post-match press conference."

BosnianDiamond said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10052146/Roberto-Mancini-will-be-sacked-by-Manchester-City-this-week.html

As in previous seasons, City had been planning to resolve Mancini’s future with a post-season debriefing in Abu Dhabi. Mancini’s ­deteriorating relationship has also contributed to the club’s belief that a change is required. However, with doubts over Mancini’s position intensifying following the Cup final, a swift resolution to the situation is anticipated this week, possibly today.

Mancini appeared in no mood to resign, though, when asked about his position. “I don’t need to talk about my future,” Mancini said. “I have a four-year contract. Every contract can be broken, but I don’t think the board need to talk about me.

“I was sacked after seven trophies with Inter after we won three championships and we went to the cup final. But in this case I don’t think I should worry. But this is not for me, it’s for the club.”

Pellegrini last night denied any agreement was in place for him to take over at Manchester City.

"Regarding my future, I have not spoken to anyone. We will wait and see what happens at the end of the season," he said.

"At this moment in time I have no agreement in place not with Manchester City, not with Roma, not with Napoli, not with PSG, not with any of the clubs who have been mentioned."

Asked to explain what assurances he would need from Malaga to stay beyond this summer, he added: "It's too complicated to discuss in a post-match press conference."

To be fair he said that when he was at Villareal. He ended up at Real Madrid shortly after.

If Mancini is sacked, to a certain extent he'll have dug his own grave. He's clearly not one for taking players under his wing and nurture them (with the bizarre and unashamedly hypocritical exception of Mario), and so by default has classified himself as a "results" manager.

Season without results + inability to win certain away games (Everton, Stoke, Sunderland) = Good reasons for dismissal.

That said, as many have alluded to, we had the chance to really build on last season by investing heavily - and losing deadweights - in the summer. The powers that be didn't sanction such activity, which does make them partially culpable.

A difficult one to call. My heart says give Bobby a transfer warchest and another season. My head says it may be time to get a manager who is a better leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.