Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
M9 Blue said:
The most depressing thing about this weekend is not losing the cup final to Wigan (well done pie eaters) it's not giving up our title to the rags,it's the way we are (not) handling the issue with Mancini.
This

tonygt123 said:
M9 Blue said:
The most depressing thing about this weekend is not losing the cup final to Wigan (well done pie eaters) it's not giving up our title to the rags,it's the way we are (not) handling the issue with Mancini.
This

Seconded!

Come on City - Public Anouncement tomorrow one way or another - and put us out of our misery.
If mancini goes, Jose in please. If mancini stays, give him what he wants (with ample time) through the next few months.

I don't really rate Mancini. He comes across as being cold & miserable. He wouldn't inspire me. I question his man-management skills, his motivational skills, his substitutions. This season, City has lacked a spark. they start games very slowly & only start playing when they go a goal down. Or, if they do take a lead, they often sit on it & invite trouble on themselves. Reactive, rather than proactive! He always asks for more players, even though City have a great squad & good youth academy. He rarely improves players, or develops youngsters. If anything players go backwards under him.

He has been successful, but look at the squads/money that he has had at Inter & City.

Can't even get passed the group stages in the CL. 3 at the back lol?

chestervegasblue said:
If Mancini is sacked, to a certain extent he'll have dug his own grave. He's clearly not one for taking players under his wing and nurture them (with the bizarre and unashamedly hypocritical exception of Mario), and so by default has classified himself as a "results" manager.

Season without results + inability to win certain away games (Everton, Stoke, Sunderland) = Good reasons for dismissal.

That said, as many have alluded to, we had the chance to really build on last season by investing heavily - and losing deadweights - in the summer. The powers that be didn't sanction such activity, which does make them partially culpable.

A difficult one to call. My heart says give Bobby a transfer warchest and another season. My head says it may be time to get a manager who is a better leader.
Couldn't put it better myself.

There are two types of football managers:
1. "Results manager" - Mourinho, Mancini, Ferguson
2. "Philosophy manager" - Wenger, Guardiola, Klopp

We've arrived, we're at the top generally speaking. Now the club needs a manager with a philosophy to take the club forward. Pellegrini is definitely a philosophy manager - likes to play quick-tempo dynamic football. Shrewd tactician and strong motivator - a skill which Mancini has really lacked this season. Players never really responded to his wish to improve all season. Saturday's pathetic performance said it all.

ste.sully said:
chestervegasblue said:
If Mancini is sacked, to a certain extent he'll have dug his own grave. He's clearly not one for taking players under his wing and nurture them (with the bizarre and unashamedly hypocritical exception of Mario), and so by default has classified himself as a "results" manager.

Season without results + inability to win certain away games (Everton, Stoke, Sunderland) = Good reasons for dismissal.

That said, as many have alluded to, we had the chance to really build on last season by investing heavily - and losing deadweights - in the summer. The powers that be didn't sanction such activity, which does make them partially culpable.

A difficult one to call. My heart says give Bobby a transfer warchest and another season. My head says it may be time to get a manager who is a better leader.

We've arrived, we're at the top generally speaking. Now the club needs a manager with a philosophy to take the club forward. Pellegrini is definitely a philosophy manager - likes to play quick-tempo dynamic football. Shrewd tactician and strong motivator - a skill which Mancini has really lacked this season. Players never really responded to his wish to improve all season. Saturday's pathetic performance said it all.
you think he hasn't built a philosophy?

It's May 13th, 2013. One year exactly since May 13th, 2012, that day. Let's see if City have the calamitous streak to announce a sacking on this day.

NoahCity said:
ste.sully said:
chestervegasblue said:

Slow, timid, central, and predictable has been the philosophy of the football this season save for a handful of matches

LoveCity said:
It's May 13th, 2013. One year exactly since May 13th, 2012, that day. Let's see if City have the calamitous streak to announce a sacking on this day.

It will certainly come full circle in a harsh way but it is to be expected.

Isnt there a press conf. for Reading game today?

If Kloss and co. are sending Mancini to the front of the press now again to face big questions they are really evil...

Andouble said:
NoahCity said:
ste.sully said:

Slow, timid, central, and predictable has been the philosophy of the football this season save for a handful of matches

Think you may have missed that Ferguson was in bold type.

I think there are managers that can balance the two. Wenger is the epitome of a philosophical manager. The likes of Ferguson and Guardiola have the clinical streak to grind out wins, but also the long term vision to create an empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.