Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am firmly behind Mancini but realise that we are not the owners who I have complete faith in. If Txiki Begiristain and his mate don't think Mancini is up to it then who are we to argue. What ever needs to be done will be done and I am right behind it if its for the good of the club's long term future.

mancitypj said:
Matt the Giant said:
Pellegrini yesterday said there is no such thing as an agreement to take over the City job.
According to SSN.
Heard that myself but they always say that. Everyone knows what is happening.

I'll take the job, I'm awesome on Champ Manager

It would seem Bobby isn't so naive after all.

Major talk in France Monaco already have a provisional agreement with him.

I'm pretty sure it was Monaco who came knocking before, or have I confused it with that Russia stuff?

Seems a lot of bluffing from both sides going on.

EddieR said:
A decent PR department can and would stop anything, I work for a very big UK Plc and if we get anything written about us that isn't true, the media have legal proceedings started against them within the day/days after..

We've given them all the ammo again and have no idea how to stop it as that part of the clubs infrastructure is still stuck in 'old City mode'

Spot on Blue. Heads have to roll for this debacle, cup final week and City PR do nothing.[/quote]

'Typical City' is alive and kicking. It makes me think that there was a cynical, callous intention to discredit Mancini, whether that meant destroying the morale of the players and fans prior to a Cup Final, or not.
Why the hell would you do a deal with an incoming manager, allow the news to be reported as 'News' rather than conjecture or rumour, and not quash or deny, but just allow this uncertainty on one of the greatest of club days?
It stinks, and whether you're for or anti Mancini this has been a disgraceful state of affairs which has been conducted with little regard to a manager who deserves all our respect and gratitude, and with even less regard to the fans who were left feeling somewhat deflated even before a ball was kicked on Saturday. Shame on Begeristain, Khaldoon and anyone else who proves to have been culpable.[/quote]

I think the most plausible explanation was in the Sunday Times. City had intended to see the season out with Mancini, heard that Barca were considering approaching Pellegrini, and panicked into rushing through the deal.

I defended Begeristain after his public meeting with Pellegrini's agent, arguing that football directors meet agents all the time. But given how close it appears to a deal being done, its clear that the meeting should never have been held in public.

Just heard an interview on gmr with a guy from the telegraph who broke the news about fergie and he reckons the Club will announce Mancini going in the next 36 hours? Hope he's wrong I don't fancy riding the manager merrygoround again

mancitypj said:
Matt the Giant said:
Pellegrini yesterday said there is no such thing as an agreement to take over the City job.
According to SSN.
Heard that myself but they always say that. Everyone knows what is happening.

I don't think it's as final as we might think/hope. I guess there still are negotiations regarding pay-off's to both Malaga and Mancini which needs to be settled first.

I think our club will abandon any talks if Malaga demands too much money and go for another manager instead. Simeone, Martinez... who knows.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm pretty sure it was Monaco who came knocking before, or have I confused it with that Russia stuff?

He Came To Monaco
From Rainy Openshaw
Mancini Oh Oh

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Does Falcao know? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.