Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave_blue12 said:
What really pisses me off is City fans criticising the club, comments like classless, disgusting, lack of respect etc.

Our club has some very powerful entrenched forces working against it and those forces will stoop at nothing to show our club in a bad light. Added to that Mancini is clearly a game player who is, quite naturally, out to do the best for himself. He is not a City supporter. But some of our support falls for all this and criticises the club and our amazing owners. Have a little faith ffs !

We are City supporters and we must support our club (not Roberto Mancini) who will quickly move on to another fat pay cheque.

Anyway see you at Reading

CTID

Here here. There's having respect for Mancini, who has won us the league and the FA cup, and then there's having respect for the owners, who have saved us from bankruptcy, invested over £500m, are building state of the art youth academy and training pitches, and hired Mancini in the first place (under controversy no less)

In our owners we trust. They've given Mancini 3 full seasons. If they don't think he is the right man long term then we need to accept that and back them. Yes, the reports broke at a bad time but we need to remember they came out of Spain, not the UK! There's little our club could have done.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Not difficult at all Billy. Why would it be difficult. I won't raise to the bait other than to say just be careful what you wish for. Why don't you go grass me up again soft lad.

I will offer you a bet-£50 that Pellegrini wins fuck all-zip,diddly in his first 2 seasons.
It was only last month you told everyone Mancini wasn't going any where

Well I was obviously wrong in my opinion.As I said I will take a bet with anyone absolutely anyone that Pellegrini will win nothing if he is to be our new manager in the first 2 seasons of his tenure. Let's see how confident the outers are of his success.

You sound almost desperate for us to win nothing mate?

Love can do strange things to people it seems.......

Matty said:
GoMancini7 said:
Maybe Pellegrini sees how City handles the managers really and makes a u-turn.
I'm not convinced we handle managers badly, or any differently to most other clubs. Italy, Spain, etc would see 3.5 years in a job as quite a long term appointment. City's owners fired Mark Hughes 18 months after taking over the club, a man they inherited, and a man who was underperforming and clearly not up to the task (something he's demonstrated since with his failures as a manager). Mancini has now had 3.5 years in the role, he's been very successful, but he's also been very frustrating at times. His "stick but no carrot" approach to management and his confrontational attitude are not things which lends themselves to longevity in a role. It can bring success initially, as it has done, but eventually you alienate too many people. His relationship with the players, if rumours are to be believed, is fractious at best, with some openly disliking the man. His relationship with the media has never been a friendly one, which has probably lead to some of the negative stories we've seen over the past few seasons. His constant moaning about the resources he's been given becomes tedious, he's been handed a squad more than capable of competing in Europe, and in the domestic competitions, and our performances over the last 12 months have not been good enough.

I agree in some ways. Before Saturday I was neither an inner or an outer. It's the manner in which it has been done which is most disappointing. Our reputation is so important if we are to become the global force we need to be in order to compete. This will cause a lot of embarrasment and the damage will only be repaired if we either win the league next season and/or reach the last four of the CL. It is a gamble in some ways but I do think Mancini had taken us as far as he could.

Mancini is no fool. When you openly criticise the board and the players on an almost weekly basis it is hardly conducive to a harmonious working environment. He won't be out of a job for long.

Eds said:
The press hae repeatedly asked questions about whether he would stay or not and now they are slating City for handling it badly!!! Hypocrisy of the highest order.

For sure. Press nowadays its all about buzz, fabrication...

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Not difficult at all Billy. Why would it be difficult. I won't raise to the bait other than to say just be careful what you wish for. Why don't you go grass me up again soft lad.

I will offer you a bet-£50 that Pellegrini wins fuck all-zip,diddly in his first 2 seasons.

Well I was obviously wrong in my opinion.As I said I will take a bet with anyone absolutely anyone that Pellegrini will win nothing if he is to be our new manager in the first 2 seasons of his tenure. Let's see how confident the outers are of his success.

SHB I fully agree with your displeasure that Bobby is leaving, and also the way it has been handled, BUT let's not allow that to taint the view of the new manager, be it Pellegreni or whoever

blueinsa said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

You sound almost desperate for us to win nothing mate?

Love can do strange things to people it seems.......

If Pellegrini comes I will support him however I am happy to offer the bet to you to and would be happy to cough up if we win something.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

That's a sad post fella.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Pigeonho said:
Let's say Mancini goes and Pellegrini goes to Barca, who is out there who is good enough to not just replicate Mancini's success, but better it? Mourinho doesn't count, as it's clear where he is going to end up. I'm talking about genuine contender's too, people we would have a realistic chance of getting.
Benitez, Laudraup or Martinez. They are three we'd get just by clicking our fingers.
If Pellegrini has a choice between us and Barca then I can only see one winner and it ain't us.
All we can hope I guess is that he hasn't made that decision yet, but then again that amounts to indecision and nobody expects Spanish indecision.
Laudrup would be in his element with the type of players we have already, and the ones he could attract based on his name alone.
I would be upset if we got Rafa, that would make no sense at all. At least Laudrup would be something different, something rather exciting. Martinez will be at his level with an Everton or Villa. I wouldn't want him, despite what he did on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.