Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
From the BBC Sportsday website:
More from BBC Sports news reporter Richard Conway at Loftus Road: "I asked a club insider over the weekend about Mancini's apparent confrontational approach. His reply? 'Confrontational doesn't scratch the surface if it.'
That's the impression we are getting now. But is this genuine? Could just be journalists aligning themselves with the decision-makers.

city chief is back said:
dctid said:
city chief is back said:
radio says the new fella denies having any contact or contract with us? WTF is going on arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr "sorry key 103"

He has too otherwise its would be classed as an illegal approach ie tapping up (I think)

not sure but is he out of contract at the end of this season so wouldent be tapping up! as i said not sure about this.

He might be but pretty certain i read somewhere he has a 3.3 Million Euro buy out clause and we have met it so not sure he is out of contract.

MENs report
Callum McManaman made mugs of City’s expensive defence – with the normally reliable Gael Clichy having a nightmare – and it was the Blues who looked like the relegation strugglers

Hmm. Hart 600k, Zabs 6 million, Kompany 6 mill, Nast 12 mill, Clichy 6 mill. Not exactly expansive by PL standards. Think Evertons is almost as expensive and Ferdinand cost this alone

Gary James said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Gary James said:
True! Mercer resigned when he felt he had no choice but to go. I totally blame those that launched a takeover of the club just after we'd won 2 major trophies in one season the 5 people who launched that were Joe Smith, Ian Niven, Chris Muir, Michael Horwich & Simon Cussins. They killed off our period of dominance. I hope this time we haven't already pressed the self-destruct button. Typical City!

Regardless of what happens to the manager it is important the club acts quickly to ensure the negativity that landed around us on Saturday morning just before one of our most important games quickly disappears.

Gary, City are getting a rough ride on this one.

Barcelona leaked this to the Spanish press on Friday, they knew exactly what they were doing.

They wanted Pellegrini and have seemingly been beaten to the punch.

Regardless of whether it's right to remove a manager who has won you your first major honours for years (and yes, I know there have been issues so that may or may not be the right decision - only the leaders know that) there are things the club could have done to prevent the destabilisng we've had in the last 3 days. First if it's totally untrue issue a statement that makes it abundantly clear. Second if it's true then that should have been prevented by striking a non-disclosure deal with your replacement manager (along with meeting in secret, not telling anyone who could leak it etc.) and forbidding him from talking with other clubs.

The Mancini story leaked out when Hughes was boss via (depending on who you believe) someone employed by City or in Italy. The club tend to say it was leaked in Italy these days, so if that's really the truth then they should have learnt from the experience. The club should not get it wrong in the same way twice.

As we all know from Bluemoon people like to reveal new information or be ITK and so stories will leak out. It is important the club prepares for this eventuality. Normally City have a view that stories like this should not be commented on as that can cause other issues (such as the first time you don't deny something straight away it's perceived as the truth). I tend to agree with that normally, but this time it feels as if we're as stunned by the media and fan reaction as we were when the Hughes-Mancini story leaked.

There's nothing to say a third party let the news slip. It's impossible to gag everyone, especially when their not employed by city.

Modern society with smart phones can get things out there in seconds and viral in hours.

George Hannah said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Benitez, Laudraup or Martinez. They are three we'd get just by clicking our fingers. If Pellegrini has a choice between us and Barca then I can only see one winner and it ain't us. All we can hope I guess is that he hasn't made that decision yet, but then again that amounts to indecision and nobody expects Spanish indecision.
magnificent

Maybe his chief weapons are surprise and fear ...or fear and surprise ... ;)

oakiecokie said:
lmjones1uk said:
oakiecokie said:
Well at least he`s on the bus for the Reading game !!!!!

Is this a joke? Isn't the situation untenable now?

Just seen him and the team get on the bus outside of the teams hotel.I kid you not !!

Do you mean they travelled back from Wembley only to head south again today, I thought they'd have stayed down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.