Mancini (cont)

dref619 said:
Rammy Blue said:
dref619 said:
jeez, that would be unreal. we've probably missed any opportunity we ever had to get the latter though

I disagree about missing out on Bale. If for example Bayern do come in for him then I reckon we would enter the bidding war. We won't want to make the first move though as Levy would have our pants down.

yeah i think there'd be no doubt we'd get involved if he was leaving spurs. can't see him anywhere else but madrid after spurs now though. unless they get neymar, which would open a move for bale, falcao/cavani and let us keep aguero. sod it, i've convinced myself, off to the club shop for my bale shirt printing i go
Haha. There's no doubt that Bale would be an awesome acquisition. Long shot, but who knows.

dref619 said:
Rammy Blue said:
dref619 said:
jeez, that would be unreal. we've probably missed any opportunity we ever had to get the latter though

I disagree about missing out on Bale. If for example Bayern do come in for him then I reckon we would enter the bidding war. We won't want to make the first move though as Levy would have our pants down.

yeah i think there'd be no doubt we'd get involved if he was leaving spurs. can't see him anywhere else but madrid after spurs now though. unless they get neymar, which would open a move for bale, falcao/cavani and let us keep aguero. sod it, i've convinced myself, off to the club shop for my bale shirt printing i go
5c0d59fc-7d9e-d12e.jpg

Got mine last season ;)

dref619 said:
Rammy Blue said:
dref619 said:

A real fan would get the Tattoo ;)

Goose_Grease said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Goose_Grease said:
Every club in Italy has had limited resources for the best part of a decade, domestic achievements there do not compare to both domestic and Champions League success in Spain. Considering the team we field week in week out compared to the rags', an FA Cup success is meager.
Just to clarify, winning absolutely nothing (except the Intertoto) doesn't count as "both domestic and Champions League success in Spain".

Back home, there is only 2 top trophies on offer (though I wouldn't mind the mickey mouse to complete the set), and we've won both under Mancini. The FA Cup is not meagre, it is the oldest and best cup competition in the world. And it isn't won yet, we are merely in the final match of it.

I'll agree that our first choice man for man team is better than the scum, unfortunately in sport sometimes it doesn't always work out and luck has a lot to do with it no matter how well you prepare. But we can accept that, unlike the scum. Last year still hurts for them, it hurts bad, which is why they've had such a good season (in the league) so far imo. I don't expect them to find it so easy next season. Meanwhile we will improve aspects of our side and we'll do it all over again, and currently we sit in second despite the "disaster" of a season we have had so far. Even with the money, it could be a helluva lot worse. Better the devil you know for the outers, for the inners, well we were and are behind him anyway. Because in the view of many he has been the catalyst between the money and the success.
So a second place La Liga finish and reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League with what was then the Spanish equivalent of contemporary West Brom does not count as a success? Taking Malaga into the Champions League in his first full season, then being a few minutes and an offside goal vs Dortmund away from a debut semi-finals under financial pressure does not count as a success?
Second place is exactly that and what does losing a semi final get you?

Trophies = success.

Did we get a trophy for finishing anywhere else but first? Fuck me, Pellegrini? who has won nothing in his career?

You're on drugs or you're on the WUM.

dref619 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
That's a fair point, especially if we are looking at going 4-3-3 as Cavani is used to playing in that formation with Napoli

I know it's a pipe dream but could you imagine Cavani, Aguero and Bale as a front three, would be awesome.

Unlikely to get Bale, but is a front 3 of Cavani, Aguero, Jovetic a bit more possible and just as exciting in my opinion.

blueparrot said:
dref619 said:
Rammy Blue said:
I know it's a pipe dream but could you imagine Cavani, Aguero and Bale as a front three, would be awesome.

Unlikely to get Bale, but is a front 3 of Cavani, Aguero, Jovetic a bit more possible and just as exciting in my opinion.

See if we move to 433 next season (which in my humble opinion is inevitable) I'd love someone on one of the flanks with pace to burn. God knows where silva will fit in all this aswell.

The Flash said:
Goose_Grease said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Just to clarify, winning absolutely nothing (except the Intertoto) doesn't count as "both domestic and Champions League success in Spain".

Back home, there is only 2 top trophies on offer (though I wouldn't mind the mickey mouse to complete the set), and we've won both under Mancini. The FA Cup is not meagre, it is the oldest and best cup competition in the world. And it isn't won yet, we are merely in the final match of it.

I'll agree that our first choice man for man team is better than the scum, unfortunately in sport sometimes it doesn't always work out and luck has a lot to do with it no matter how well you prepare. But we can accept that, unlike the scum. Last year still hurts for them, it hurts bad, which is why they've had such a good season (in the league) so far imo. I don't expect them to find it so easy next season. Meanwhile we will improve aspects of our side and we'll do it all over again, and currently we sit in second despite the "disaster" of a season we have had so far. Even with the money, it could be a helluva lot worse. Better the devil you know for the outers, for the inners, well we were and are behind him anyway. Because in the view of many he has been the catalyst between the money and the success.
So a second place La Liga finish and reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League with what was then the Spanish equivalent of contemporary West Brom does not count as a success? Taking Malaga into the Champions League in his first full season, then being a few minutes and an offside goal vs Dortmund away from a debut semi-finals under financial pressure does not count as a success?

Trophies = success.

Did we get a trophy for finishing anywhere else but first? Fuck me, Pellegrini? who has won nothing in his career?

That's a very benighted way of looking at it. So Roy Hodgson failed at West Brom? David Moyes is failing at Everton? Brendan Rodgers failed at Swansea? Success is relative and Pellegrini's achievements with unfancied sides definitely outranks Mancini's big-budgeted achievements, particularly in Europe.

dref619 said:
blueparrot said:
dref619 said:

See if we move to 433 next season (which in my humble opinion is inevitable) I'd love someone on one of the flanks with pace to burn. God knows where silva will fit in all this aswell.

Silva will be one of the midfield 3, along with Yaya and A.N.other - Merlin will be "our" Xavi, imo.

dref619 said:
blueparrot said:
dref619 said:

Either right of attacking three or at the topmost point of a triangle midfield. Would prefer the latter in the league.
Depending on who we buy, players should be able to adapt to 4-2-3-1 from 4-3-3 at any given time. Former maybe a better idea in Europe?

Goose_Grease said:
The Flash said:
Goose_Grease said:

Trophies = success.

That's a very benighted way of looking at it. So Roy Hodgson failed at West Brom? David Moyes is failing at Everton? Brendan Rodgers failed at Swansea? Success is relative and Pellegrini's achievements with unfancied sides definitely outranks Mancini's big-budgeted achievements, particularly in Europe.

You'll never get anywhere on here arguing about a manager's pedigree unless he's won umpteen trophies. Pellegrini was good enough to be appointed Real boss, good enough to be linked with Chelsea, but not even worth considering for us....

I don't know enough about him to pass judgement tbh although when I've watched his sides play they always seem to be well drilled and play good offensive football. He's obviously highly rated so if Bob departs then I'd certainly expect him to be in the running.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.