Mancini (cont)

Rammy Blue said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Rammy Blue said:
Win %age in Chumps means pretty much fuck all
So why keep using Chumps League as a stick to beat our current, and otherwise successful, manager with?

Because we've underperformed for 2 consecutive seasons at City in the chumps?
The "otherwise successful" bit gives him some leeway imho.

The cookie monster said:
Ric said:
FantasyIreland said:
Mancini's long term no.1 target,Cavani,according to reports in the Mail,is close to agreeing terms......

Cavani is obviously top notch and a player any manager would want,however,is this is a good indicator that Bob will be here next season?

No idea about Mancini (although if I was a gambling man I'd say he'll get another season), but regardless I wouldn't give any credence to a Mail transfer rumour.
Exactly
And i dont think he would be 8/1 to join us like he currently is,if the deal was close
Daily fail bollocks.

It's worth a wager at that price mate, he wanted him last year but he wasn't attainable.

If Mancini stays on i fully expect Cavani to be wearing a City shirt next season

What makes things interesting is Monaco are also sniffing around him, is that telling us something or am i reading too much into it?

Even if Mancini goes, there are few managers who will refuse Cavani. He's wanted by pretty much everyone in Europe.

I think Txiki will only spend big on players who will be useful no matter who is manager. Cavani is one.

Yaya_Tony said:
Rammy Blue said:
Yaya_Tony said:
So why keep using Chumps League as a stick to beat our current, and otherwise successful, manager with?

Because we've underperformed for 2 consecutive seasons at City in the chumps?
The "otherwise successful" bit gives him some leeway imho.

Absolutely. Although it remains to be seen whether the owner and Ferran/Txiki will view it that way at the end of the season.

We may well, and should, win the FA Cup this season. Bob may well choose to depart, leaving on a high, due to the club wanting to take a different managerial direction/structure.

Who knows?

I'm easy about it all. What will be, will be. Very confident we will make some outstanding additions to the squad in the summer and whoever our manager is will have a great side to manage next season.

Nothing wrong with having a debate about it though.

Skashion said:
It's worth bearing in mind that when Mancini took over, Inter had finished 4th the previous season and hadn't won a title since 1989. When Mourinho took over, they'd finished 1st the previous season, the season before and the season before that. Mancini's record at Inter is very impressive and included a number of records including most points in a Serie A season and seventeen consecutive wins.
Sounds familiar.

Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
Ric said:
No idea about Mancini (although if I was a gambling man I'd say he'll get another season), but regardless I wouldn't give any credence to a Mail transfer rumour.
Exactly
And i dont think he would be 8/1 to join us like he currently is,if the deal was close
Daily fail bollocks.

It's worth a wager at that price mate, he wanted him last year but he wasn't attainable.

If Mancini stays on i fully expect Cavani to be wearing a City shirt next season

What makes things interesting is Monaco are also sniffing around him, is that telling us something or am i reading too much into it?

lol.

I thought that too when I read that particular story.

Blue Haze said:
Even if Mancini goes, there are few managers who will refuse Cavani. He's wanted by pretty much everyone in Europe.

I think Txiki will only spend big on players who will be useful no matter who is manager. Cavani is one.

That's a fair point, especially if we are looking at going 4-3-3 as Cavani is used to playing in that formation with Napoli

Danamy said:
Blue Haze said:

That's a fair point, especially if we are looking at going 4-3-3 as Cavani is used to playing in that formation with Napoli

I know it's a pipe dream but could you imagine Cavani, Aguero and Bale as a front three, would be awesome.

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
Blue Haze said:

I know it's a pipe dream but could you imagine Cavani, Aguero and Bale as a front three, would be awesome.

It's no pipe dream mate, the reality of it all could be Cavani central with Tevez and Aguero either side.........Boom!

Danamy said:
Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:

It's no pipe dream mate, the reality of it all could be Cavani central with Tevez and Aguero either side.........Boom!

I'd prefer Bale though for the explosive pace. Carlos would be decent back-up. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.