Mancini fear of failure?

jay_mcfc said:
blueinsa said:
No argument with any of that mate but just imagine for a minute that Bobby gets all that money to spend in the summer and jan just gone, he gets rid of those he didn't want and he finally gets his team in and that he kicks us on whilst the rest of the league falter for whatever reasons........

Thats the argument here, he hasn't done that and this season was the major opportunity to get it done without any problems whatsoever. Instead, we are again looking over our shoulder and instead of hitting form when its needed we are going backwards and looking fragile to say the least.

Not good enough im afraid.

We're not going backwards, we're in third. We might be out of form but we're not going backwards. It is not easy finishing in the top 3/4 of the premiership and that is the reason why we're looking over our shoulders. Spurs and Chelsea are going to fight to the end and it's important we get back to form sooner rather than later because we have to keep the advantage we have.

Of course we are going backwards...form wise.

I hated Hughes and was happy when he got sacked, rightly so and the trajectory reason given was spot on imo and im applying the same logic here, the trajectory of results over the last 8 games is just not good enough and if it doesn't improve, forget 3rd and forget 4th, it wont happen and that will be a disaster!

Bobby gets paid huge amounts to get a job done. Its a results business and when the results don't happen, questions will be asked and not just by a few fans on a forum either....ask Hughes?

redmizzle said:
'Fans' fear of failure is more accurate.

PMSL. Read that quite a bit over the last few weeks. Here's a little news flash - I imagine the man who's invested nearly half a billion pounds into a our club is probably a little more concerned about us failing than the supporters are...

redmizzle said:

Im sure our owner is a fan then...if he wasn't, Hughes would still be in charge wouldn't he?

As fans we are discussing what is going on out on the pitch and why not? The owner will ultimately decide on Bobby, not us but i wonder, will you lay the same charge at his feet should he get rid, as he did with Hughes?

BillyShears said:
PMSL. Read that quite a bit over the last few weeks. Here's a little news flash - I imagine the man who's invested nearly half a billion pounds into a our club is probably a little more concerned about us failing than the supporters are...
I highly doubt that. I'm not saying the sheik isn't concerned if we fail. But the supporters are quite as much concerned for different reasons.

Didsbury Dave said:
WNRH said:
PMSL you really cannot be serious can you? If this is all about winning arguments then you haven't brought anything to the table to beat me with. Your facts and stats have already not once, not twice but several times over the weekend been proven to be bullshit in the eyes of the sane level headed football fan.

Like i said, i am finding it hilairious that you and the others are continuing to prove your argument based on points earned, can you really not see how flawed and desparate that argument is? I admire you and Billy for still carrying on no matter how stupid you are both sounding now in defeat and i can tell this by the way you are distracting yourselves from the actual stats and facts made by myself and others by asking irrelevent questions and using ;-) and the word pal.

You are an intelligent lad Dave, start using it, i have more respect for people when they fight their ground on opinions even if i don't agree with it one bit, but when they dismiss facts and stats and try to spin their own it's quite sad for someone i consider intelligent.

It isn't me talking stats and facts, matey, it's others. I just laughed because they used them rather well.

I've only brought one fact to the table today, the same fact I've been bringing for 12 months.

Then apologise but they haven't used them well at all, that were easily made to look redundant in less than a minute.

Billy, Dave - be careful, dudes. Remember after the 4-1 at Fulham? You two had to leave the board to avoid the deluge of told-you-so-ing. If our form picks up you'll have to flee again! Childish people like me will bump this motherfucker at the drop of a hat ;)

I think the lesson might be: results will fluctuate over the course of a season.

WNRH said:
Then apologise but they haven't used them well at all, I was easily made to look redundant in less than a minute.

Edited for accuracy.

redmizzle said:

It's pretty bizarre and more than a little amusing that over the last few months, as our form has dipped and the spectre of underachievement hangs over us yet again, that an element on here have started pointing the finger of blame on us fans, as though it's somehow our fault.

Hughes was good at blaming everyone but himself but even he didn't stoop that low.

BillyShears said:
redmizzle said:

At least we can rest assured safe in the knowledge that him and his team will do what they deem best for the club and not act simpy due to an obsession with a particular manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.