Mancini fear of failure?

Fear of failure? Yes, but who doesn't?

The way I see it, we're finishing 5th. We have 3 definate defeats in our run-in: Chelsea (A), Everton (A) and Spurs (H). Everton and Spurs are the biggest of bogey teams for us, no question that we'll lose to them. Yes, you could say that we have the measure of Chelsea after our previous 3 results against them, but we're City, we will lose as its an important game.

The question about Mancini is a hard one. After the Blackpool (?) game at home, when we went top just after the new year, I remember thinking that although we were in for the title, we wont win it but top 4 shouldn't be a problem. But then I realised only a team like us can mess it all up, and i believe we have.

When you look at it, our squad is inbalanced, we have 1 winger in AJ, just 1 (who is injured) We have 3 strikers that noone knows which out of them work best together, never mind all 3 at the same time. We have a midfield that looks leggy and unfit. Far too slow. And most importantly, we have injuries to our key players (Silva, Kompany, De Jong and A.Johnson). Although I'm getting frustrated by Mancini and some of his selections, I dont see any benefit of us sacking him, there is literally noone out there who could take this team further than Mancini can who is available.

But saying all that I believe Mancini is gone in the summer anyway. The thing im most worried about from that happening is the fact we'll lose Mario Balotelli too.

Didsbury Dave said:
I bet he's not.

If he was happy to just trundle along, so he could keep churning out "Rome wasn't built in a day" and "enjoy the ride" to his high felutin pals on the world stage, he wouldn't have bulletted Hughes when and how he did.

I reckon The Sheikh has had enough fucking around and wants a return on his investment - on the field. I also reckon this fact is obvious from Mancini's increasingly stressed and frustrated demeanor.
It's pretty common for new ownership to want "their guy." They're often willing to give their chosen manager much more leeway than someone installed by a previous set of owners.

taconinja said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I bet he's not.

If he was happy to just trundle along, so he could keep churning out "Rome wasn't built in a day" and "enjoy the ride" to his high felutin pals on the world stage, he wouldn't have bulletted Hughes when and how he did.

I reckon The Sheikh has had enough fucking around and wants a return on his investment - on the field. I also reckon this fact is obvious from Mancini's increasingly stressed and frustrated demeanor.
It's pretty common for new ownership to want "their guy." They're often willing to give their chosen manager much more leeway than someone installed by a previous set of owners.

I would agree with that but the big question is, was Bobby really the man they wanted?

blueinsa said:
I would agree with that but the big question is, was Bobby really the man they wanted?
According to reports, he's big buddies with the ownership.

Didsbury Dave said:
ST Coleridge said:
Billy, Dave - be careful, dudes. Remember after the 4-1 at Fulham? You two had to leave the board to avoid the deluge of told-you-so-ing. If our form picks up you'll have to flee again! Childish people like me will bump this motherfucker at the drop of a hat ;)

I think the lesson might be: results will fluctuate over the course of a season.

I would be delighted if at the end of the season my ongoing criticism (and occasional praise) of Mancini is bumped around and everyone laughs at me.

Because we'll have been successful.

The other side of that coin, of course, is there could be some "Told-you-so"ing going the other way....

Er, no - that's not true though. Because the last time people were laughing at you two, you both took off! Therefore: I contest the notion that you were 'delighted'. You were more 'pissed off with our convincing win', if I had to guess.

The stats can be twisted in either direction, what I don't get is why you two don't like Mancini? Honestly, did your mums run off with Italians? It's nowt to do with football, you took an immediate dislike to him.

Witness the 'Criticises our players too much' thread - if he'd said that we'd played well and were unlucky, I guarantee you that there would have been a thread saying 'Mancini can't even identify our problems, he's making excuses! This is like something Ferguson would do!' et cetera.

ST Coleridge said:
Er, no - that's not true though. Because the last time people were laughing at you two, you both took off! Therefore: I contest the notion that you were 'delighted'. You were more 'pissed off with our convincing win', if I had to guess.

The stats can be twisted in either direction, what I don't get is why you two don't like Mancini? Honestly, did your mums run off with Italians? It's nowt to do with football, you took an immediate dislike to him.

Witness the 'Criticises our players too much' thread - if he'd said that we'd played well and were unlucky, I guarantee you that there would have been a thread saying 'Mancini can't even identify our problems, he's making excuses! This is like something Ferguson would do!' et cetera.
Pretty much.

My suspicion is that some of our posters here think for various reasons, such as the money and the seriousness the owners are displaying, etc. that it's not a matter of IF we win things, but a matter of WHEN we win things. At some point no matter how they felt when Mancini was installed, they feel aggrieved by him or posters who support him--and honestly why they feel this way is unimportant--and they want him out because in the end they think it's probably only a small delay and they'll have the satisfaction of being right in the meantime.

Ok, i'll humour you,

blueinsa said:
redmizzle said:
At least we can rest assured safe in the knowledge that him and his team will do what they deem best for the club and not act simpy due to an obsession with a particular manager.

Oh so its ok for him to not be happy with Bobby but we as fans not?

No obsession here mate, Donald fucking Duck could be manager for all i care as long as he gets the required job done.

You're making a point based on something that you don't know as a fact. No one on this board, no matter how much of an ITK they think they are, can conclusively tell me whether the Shiek is happy or not with where we are at this stage of the season.

taconinja said:
blueinsa said:
According to reports, he's big buddies with the ownership.

Granted but big buddies and only choice is a different thing mate.

Look, we are no ordinary club now. The expectations of not only the fans but the owners is on a scale that has really never been seen before, especially for a club that wasn't part of the established elite. We are not just expected to be the best on the pitch, we are expected to be the best off it too but the crucila point in all this is that we can only become the best off it in a business sense when we are firmly established as one of the best on it.

FFPR has meant that a longer term plan has been drastically moved forward, hence the huge investment in a short space of time in the playing squad and it has been done with a very clear and unmoveable objective....Top 4 or bust, CL football is essential.

If it was just a football project, more time would be given and the pressure would not be as big but it isn't, its all about the business side and from now on, failure of any kind from anyone at the club, be it a player, a physio or a manager will just not be tolerated, of that im sure.

Bobby im sure knows this full well and its that knowledge that is being shown now as the pressure is really starting to hit home.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:18 pm --<br /><br />
redmizzle said:
Ok, i'll humour you,

blueinsa said:
Oh so its ok for him to not be happy with Bobby but we as fans not?

No obsession here mate, Donald fucking Duck could be manager for all i care as long as he gets the required job done.

You're making a point based on something that you don't know as a fact. No one on this board, no matter how much of an ITK they think they are, can conclusively tell me whether the Shiek is happy or not with where we are at this stage of the season.

Can you say he is?

Top 4 is the clear stated aim, CL football next season is a must, the manager, the players and the management team at the club have all said so.

Would it not be reasonable to think that if that is in anyway a doubt, the owner will be unhappy and deal with the situation in the same way he did with Hughes?

Pressure is on, we have to finish top 4 and results of late, the trajectory of results of late does not look good, in fact, should it continue, we wont finish top 4 and then im sure the owner will let us all know one way or the other.

ST Coleridge said:

Err, you maybe want to check the facts before stating garbage like the above.

Some things i posted before Mancini was appointed and after:

BillyShears said:
If he goes...I'd be delighted to see any one of the following:

Mancini, Rijkaard, or Van Gaal...

Who would you like to see...and try to be realistic...no point in saying Mourinho, Hiddink et al as they are commited to their current jobs...

What I don't want is a fucking caretaker until the end of the season...

BillyShears said:
I do believe Mancini is a top class manager. In fact, I want the patent on "he's our special one" as I said it on the day of his appointment.

I also believe that in the end Hughes was just too single minded in his management style, and wasn't doing what was best for the club, the team, or the players. Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

You were saying....

I said Mancini had publicly criticized players a few times since he'd arrived and that I thought it was poor form. You can agree or disagree - but labeling everything I post as being biased based on your own warped view of what you think I am does your argument no favours.

ST Coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I would be delighted if at the end of the season my ongoing criticism (and occasional praise) of Mancini is bumped around and everyone laughs at me.

Because we'll have been successful.

The other side of that coin, of course, is there could be some "Told-you-so"ing going the other way....

If you read this thread there are a lot more than me and Billy who are smelling the coffee about our manager. It's just that we tend to be the fall guys because we're consistent in our views, win our lose. In fact Billy has had a lot more belief in Mancini than me, if I've been paying attention correctly.

You ask me why I don't like him? It's nothing to do with not liking him, I don't care about that. I just think he's the wrong manager for us due to his communication skills, ego and lack of understanding of the English game. Oh, his transfers have been mainly poor too, in and out.

Don't lower yourself to that old kid's line that I'm "gutted when we win", please. I thought you were a bit better than that. If I was "gutted about our win" why was I leaping about Craven Cottage like a loon? Where were you, by the way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.