Mancini fear of failure?

ST Coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It's just that we tend to be the fall guys because we're consistent in our views, win our lose.

You're not consistent, though, 'win or lose'. Lose = Make threads, Win = Scarper.

Didsbury Dave said:
You ask me why I don't like him? It's nothing to do with not liking him, I don't care about that. I just think he's the wrong manager for us due to his communication skills, ego and lack of understanding of the English game. Oh, his transfers have been mainly poor too, in and out.

That's lame, Dave! Ego?! But you want Mourinho in to replace Mancini? I would have to argue that you're in no position to judge his 'ego' or 'poor communication skills', given that you're not privy to team-talks and training sessions. With regard to his lack of understanding re: the English game - you want Redknapp in, don't you? You sly fox, you want a big man/little man combo, you want getting it in the mixer, speedy wingers and long diagonal balls to Crouchy!

Didsbury Dave said:
I thought you were a bit better than that.

Yeah, so?

I'm on this forum win lose or draw, mate, and everyone knows that but you, it seems.

I dont want Harry fucking Redknapp either.

You didn't answer my question about the Craven Cottage game, when you accused me of being gutted we won...

So it's a big fat none out of three for you there, Colers.

I expect if we finish 3rd or 4th then no one will care about points -

This doesn't stop people looking at the way we are currently playing and speculating. We are in a fight for 4th spot now with Chelsea and Spuds and its to close to call for any team.

But the position will only be detrmined at the end of the season and we all want the same thing.

The points tally show the general direction of the teams improvement - yes there are varying factors but the defenders of mancini don't seem to take into consideration that Mancini has an additional 150Mill worth of talent at his disposal something the other clubs don't.

I would like the same people to give their opinion on why we play home games with 3 defensive midfielders something i never see other top clubs doing. We also have one of the most expensive bunch of front players yet are scoring less than last season.

I don't particularily dislike Mancini and don't care about being defensive away from home but Sunday was shocking against a team that have won 1 away all season - ok only lost 5 but if you are in the top 4 you expect to make that number 6.

Lets all hope we improve on Wednesday and Sunday was just down to a long Europe league trip to eastlands

It's all very well this Mourinho love-in that goes on in here after every defeat/draw but what are you going to do when he turns up at United in the next couple of years?

I do love it when Billy brings up his old posts though. I'm sure he has a collection on his computer for every time someone accuses him of never liking Mancini so he can tell them about this one time.....

As long as we are in the top 4...and get CL football next season. No1 should be worried. because we will be much stronger next season if we are in the Cl.

Because Mancini is going to buy some good players that will make our squad depth much stronger. And we dont need to be in a position where we need our injured players.

He will sign 3-5 quality players in the summer...im not talking about 20-30million signings. Maybe 10-20m.

But we should be really worried if we dont finish in the top 4 this season.
Thats the reason Dzeko...and many of our players came here...Cl football.

And we might struggle to get our targets here.

BlueCityfan said:

You're right that that's the be-all and end-all. The problem is that 2 months ago we were nailed on certs for the chapions league.

Now we're playing poorly and it looks like being a fight to the death. And we don't look to have much fighting spirit if I'm honest.

Didsbury Dave said:
BlueCityfan said:

You're right that that's the be-all and end-all. The problem is that 2 months ago we were nailed on certs for the chapions league.

Now we're playing poorly and it looks like being a fight to the death. And we don't look to have much fighting spirit if I'm honest.

When City drop points..i feel darkness in my heart. But when we make a convincing comeback win again..it all dissappears. I can't wait till the wigan game..it's a must win and im sure we will win.

We are still 3rd..and as long as we are there, no need to worry..but when you are a die hard city fan it's only natural, i understand.

The Tottenham and Chelsea games will be crucial. If we fail in them...we are done unless a miracle happens.

Keep the faith fellow blues.

BlueCityfan said:
Didsbury Dave said:

When City drop points..i feel darkness in my heart. But when we make a convincing comeback win again..it all dissappears. I can't wait till the wigan game..it's a must win and im sure we will win.

We are still 3rd..and as long as we are there, no need to worry..but when you are a die hard city fan it's only natural, i understand.

The Tottenham and Chelsea games will be crucial. If we fail in them...we are done unless a miracle happens.

Keep the faith fellow blues.

"A convincing comeback win..."

You've been supporting City a good while longer than I first thought!

When was the last time we had a "convincing comeback win"?

Didsbury Dave said:

I realize there's only a couple months to go, but everything is in such flux now that we might look nailed on again in a week. I think everything depends on two factors: Chelsea's result tomorrow and Arsenal keeping the pressure on the rags. If Chelsea loses and Arsenal keeps pace with the rags, then it's likely that Chelsea will lose or draw at the rags later this season. This isn't me counting on others to do our work for us. We need to do our part, but if Chelsea can't beat the rags it will be difficult for them to overtake a top four spot.

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
same points in same number of games as last season after over a £100m spent and Mancini being able to do what he likes.

They are the facts, and the only ones who show the indisputable lack of progress, we're just fortunate that everyone else has got worse.

The facts are this:

We are third in the league after 28 games.
Last season, we were sixth in the league after 28 games.

Do you actually think that 19 other teams have gotten worse and we have just stayed the same? Dumb

When was the last time we actually played WELL and won, like really well, entertaining, performance levels high most of the game...Villa at home?

Entertainment does NOT matter. Not even a little bit. When they start giving points for entertainment, then I'll care about it.

Our recent form is nothing short of abysmal considering where we want to be, and isn't acceptabe 2bh, we should be doing better, and we're not.

WE should be doing better than 3rd? How?

a) don't you call what I think dumb.
b) I exaggerated on everybody else, but the other teams around us(having spent much less than us) have either made tiny improvements(none more than 3 points) or capitulated(Chelsea/Liverpool), and we have made no progress at all on points. It isn't progress to be at the same level last season.
c) I pay to go and watch us win and be entertaining at the same time, it's a sport but it's also about being successful and having enjoyment watching the product. Gritty 1-0 wins are great on occassion but we don't even do that, and with all the money spent for us to play well shouldn't be a big ask.
d) We should have got more than 5 points in the last 5 games, not drawn with Blackburn at home, Birmingham away, Fulham home and we should not have lost to Everton home, Villa away, Sunderland away, so even if we were still 3rd we should be on the tails of the top 2 instead of clawing onto 3rd and the CL by virtue of playing more games.

brian the blue said:
Fear of failure? Yes, but who doesn't?

The way I see it, we're finishing 5th. We have 3 definate defeats in our run-in: Chelsea (A), Everton (A) and Spurs (H). Everton and Spurs are the biggest of bogey teams for us, no question that we'll lose to them. Yes, you could say that we have the measure of Chelsea after our previous 3 results against them, but we're City, we will lose as its an important game.

The question about Mancini is a hard one. After the Blackpool (?) game at home, when we went top just after the new year, I remember thinking that although we were in for the title, we wont win it but top 4 shouldn't be a problem. But then I realised only a team like us can mess it all up, and i believe we have.

When you look at it, our squad is inbalanced, we have 1 winger in AJ, just 1 (who is injured) We have 3 strikers that noone knows which out of them work best together, never mind all 3 at the same time. We have a midfield that looks leggy and unfit. Far too slow. And most importantly, we have injuries to our key players (Silva, Kompany, De Jong and A.Johnson). Although I'm getting frustrated by Mancini and some of his selections, I dont see any benefit of us sacking him, there is literally noone out there who could take this team further than Mancini can who is available.

But saying all that I believe Mancini is gone in the summer anyway. The thing im most worried about from that happening is the fact we'll lose Mario Balotelli too.

You're quite the happy little thing aren't you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.