Mancini fear of failure?

Gelsons Dad said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
Gio, a rather existential way of looking at things which doesn't work. Belief and faith are relevant only when in the face of opposing facts on the pitch people still maintain that we will finish top 4 and Mancini is doing ok.
For me and others who are of the opposing opinion that he is not the right man, that is based on facts alone. Performances on the pitch. What we see infront of us. Body language of players. Lack of leadership. Lack of determination to give that extra 1% that turns a draw into a win, a loss into a draw. This team simply does not have it. Our manager can't instill it. Those are facts not belief or faith.

You need a dictionary mate. Now that really is a fact.
You need to get a personality mate. Now that really is a fact.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Damocles - I admire your passion but ffs surely even you cant be happy with whats going on at the moment. We have been going downhill since Christmas.

Money doesnt guarantee success but it should guarantee progress. We have spent fcking £300 million plus! You cant compare that with QPR, Malaga and Leeds! Points per game we have hardly moved since Mancini took over. Goals conceded is slightly better but goals scored has reduced dramatically.

Draws at Leicester, Notts County and Aris away are not good enough and they ultimately have added two extra games to our calender and meant we had to play our strongest side in the other leading to injuries to two of our most important players. Mancini then starts moaning that we are tired!

Our players or at least some of them lack the neccesary drive and will to win to be succesful at the highest level. Tired players find inner strength to keep going when the going gets tough.

In the paper the other day I read an article about Ben Foster and how he felt that he was too laid back a person to be a success at United and how after beating Spurs in the Carling Cup a couple of years ago, there was no celebration, just back on the train home and back in training the next day. This is why they are succesful. Winning is everything. Losing is not an option.

If we dont find this and some team spirit soon then we will miss out on CL again and Mancini will be rightly sacked for failing. He needs to start earning his vast salary and making things happen before its too late.

Everyone on here wants us to be succesful and some are more impatient than others, me included, but I am witnessing us going backwards at the moment and a team that lacks togetherness and spirit.

This.

BlueCityfan said:
Mourinho is missing englsih football and im sure if he came here...he would stay for atleast 3-5 years....maybe even more. He has already experienced all the good leagues.

He makes excellent signings, and he would build a good team, and for any manger to take over after he leaves...it would be easy to continue with Mourinhos team, so him leaving would not be a problem.

Mancini wont stick for 10+ years if you meant it? Remember what he said about Johnson.."after a few years when im gone Adam will thank me". This clearly showed that his intention is not to stay here as long as Wenger or Ferguson.

If we get cl football he will stay for 1-3 years more. Im pretty sure about that.
You're sure based on... what exactly?

Want to know one of the major reasons Mourinho is so effective so quickly? He instills in his teams that it's them against the world--including their own fans. He creates a siege mentality. That's fine. It work. It doesn't work for more than a couple of seasons, though. It's very, very hard to play the "No one believes in us!" card once you win a trophy or two. And this is coming from a fan of his.

mcfcliam said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
again, stop personally attacking me.

Also, money spent should equal improvements to the team because we should be buying better players and have a better team, and if not the manager has failed. It's not that much of a different league, only 3 teams(worse than any that are currently up were there) have been replaced, and furthermore it doesn't matter who we've played, we should have more points than we have and also we should be beating lesser teams, that's what big teams do, we didn't, we've dropped plenty of points in winnable games because we didn't play well enough.

On the entertainment issue, sorry but I pay to go, the club takes my money and I don't care how little in the grand scheme of things it is. You seem to live in an ideal world where fuck all matters, good for you. If you're not accepting sport as a form of entertainment then you're what you call me.

Not so much an undeniable right, more a failure to perform to the level we know we should be performing at, which would have won us those games. We're in the Champions League places for now, but once everyone's played the same number of games we could well not be, and that's not acceptable when we shouldn't even be worrying about it.

As Damocles said, football is not an entertainment business, it's a competitive sport where two teams are competing to win a game which involves tactical play and breaking down the opposition, not fucking kick ups and fancy skills.

You pay so you expect to win?

Sorry but that's utter, utter shite...you'd be happy with a boring, non entertaining 1-0 win though, wouldn't you?

i go to games and want us to win, and against weaker teams, yeah I do expect us to show our class.

I said that 1-0 wins are fine, but we don't even eek them out nowadays.

you lot make it sound like you want it to be a totally miserable experience and that you don't give a shit about our club playing or doing well, it's peculiar.

CLUELESS. lot of clueless as usual , its tiring.

tight games are there for all the best team , they are winning by clean sheet.

but no. here people aren't interested in "why joe hart is the less busy goalkeeper in the league and we still concede left centre and right". that could be the RIGHT question. no. people wank on the manager. on the clown named mourinho. clueless.

i love this forum becouse there are a few competent and honest people like Damocles , but i'm starting to believe is too hard even for him to go on.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
i go to games and want us to win, and against weaker teams, yeah I do expect us to show our class.

you lot make it sound like you want it to be a totally miserable experience and that you don't give a shit about our club playing or doing well, it's peculiar.
No, not really. I just want wins. As long as we aren't paying referees, cheating through some other means, or physically harming the opposition, I'm fine with winning however we have to win.

By the way, when I say "win," I mean get into the Champion's League.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mcfcliam said:
As Damocles said, football is not an entertainment business, it's a competitive sport where two teams are competing to win a game which involves tactical play and breaking down the opposition, not fucking kick ups and fancy skills.

You pay so you expect to win?

Sorry but that's utter, utter shite...you'd be happy with a boring, non entertaining 1-0 win though, wouldn't you?

No I don't.

I just don't follow the 'I pay so I expect' shite...I go to City to watch my team and cheer them on, win or lose...I don't give a shit if we win 1-0 in the most boring game ever, 3 points is 3 points, regardless of how much I pay.

But yeah, as you said, we have to play well and win because you've paid.

Sorry but it doesn't work like that.

You should go and watch the Harlem Globetrotters because after all, you pay so you want entertainment, not competitive sport.

Mancio said:

but no. here people aren't interested in "why joe hart is the less busy goalkeeper in the league and we still concede left centre and right". that could be the RIGHT question. no. people wank on the manager. on the clown named mourinho. clueless.

i love this forum becouse there are a few competent and honest people like Damocles , but i'm starting to believe is too hard even for him to go on.

If I were Damocles I'd be worried about this post. The poster of choice of the Mancini groupie :-).

taconinja said:
For me and others who are of the opposing opinion that he is not the right man, that is based on facts alone. Performances on the pitch. What we see infront of us. Body language of players. Lack of leadership. Lack of determination to give that extra 1% that turns a draw into a win, a loss into a draw. This team simply does not have it. Our manager can't instill it. Those are facts not belief or faith.
You have the most interesting definition of "facts."

Body language - interpretive and subjective (antithetical to factual)

lack of leadership - interpretive and subjective (antithetical to factual)

lack of determination - interpretive and subjective (antithetical to factual)

These are things you believe. I happen to agree there is a lack of leadership and determination. It's opinion though and not fact.
Not exactly my friend. Yes body language is a matter of interpretation [I actually study it in my job] however when consequent actions and behaviour is consistent with the body language on display over a period of time then the body language holds up to scientific scrutiny....you may not beieve that, however it does. SPSS can spew out consistent data confirming this, without going into details.

Lack of leadership is factual in that we have a captain who 2 months ago - or whenever - stated he would never play for us again. A captain who deliberately shakes the hand of Hughes and his staff knowing it would look dodgy. A captain who shows none of the leadership qualities needed in a team situation. A team devoid of those same qualities except for 1 player - Zabaletta [potentially Richards, Dejong & Kompany].

Lack of determinatio - the fact of the matter is, on the pitch there are too many occasions where determination have been lacking. Call it desire, determination, will, heart whatever, fans are not stupid they see it.

hgblue said:
Mancio said:

If I were Damocles I'd be worried about this post. The poster of choice of the Mancini groupie :-).

if you were Damocles you were a very lucky man.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 pm --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
You have the most interesting definition of "facts."

Body language - interpretive and subjective (antithetical to factual)

lack of leadership - interpretive and subjective (antithetical to factual)

lack of determination - interpretive and subjective (antithetical to factual)

These are things you believe. I happen to agree there is a lack of leadership and determination. It's opinion though and not fact.
Not exactly my friend. Yes body language is a matter of interpretation [I actually study it in my job] however when consequent actions and behaviour is consistent with the body language on display over a period of time then the body language holds up to scientific scrutiny....you may not beieve that, however it does. SPSS can spew out consistent data confirming this, without going into details.

Lack of leadership is factual in that we have a captain who 2 months ago - or whenever - stated he would never play for us again. A captain who deliberately shakes the hand of Hughes and his staff knowing it would look dodgy. A captain who shows none of the leadership qualities needed in a team situation. A team devoid of those same qualities except for 1 player - Zabaletta [potentially Richards, Dejong & Kompany].

Lack of determinatio - the fact of the matter is, on the pitch there are too many occasions where determination have been lacking. Call it desire, determination, will, heart whatever, fans are not stupid they see it.

its never too late , listen to me , change your work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.