Mancini fear of failure?

i'm not sure mancini will survive wherever we finish, for what we've spent we should not be having replays v lower league in the cups and we should'nt be losing to west brom reserves in the carling cup, a cup that has proved very winnable.
no manager though should be sacked due to his signings.
to me its the flatness, the dull response we show should a team score a goal against us, we've seen it a few times this season, we buckle very easily in deed.
is this the managers fault? i'm not so sure, he stands there almost pleading with them to get going again.
to me its the weight of expectation around their necks, they seem to shit it if a game is close.although the manager will get the blame and we dont know how far the team carry his instructions something has made these very good players go from a tough singleminded outfit to a team of wimps that at least mentally throw the towel in, untill that is addressed we'll win fuck all, whether bob is the manager or not.

de niro said:
i'm not sure mancini will survive wherever we finish, for what we've spent we should not be having replays v lower league in the cups and we should'nt be losing to west brom reserves in the carling cup, a cup that has proved very winnable.
to me its the flatness, the dull response we show should a team score a goal against us, we've seen it a few times this season, we buckle very easily in deed.
is this the managers fault? i'm not so sure, he stands there almost pleading with them to get going again.
to me its the weight of expectation around their necks, they seem to shit it if a game is close.although the manager will get the blame and we dont know how far the team carry his instructions something has made these very good players go from a tough singleminded outfit to a team of wimps that at least mentally throw the towel in, untill that is addressed we'll win fuck all, whether bob is the manager or not.
My opinion is that it's down to our best player being... a bit moody to say the least. The fact he's also captain is part of it too I think. The other players seem unsure of him and it's pretty evident everyone walks on eggshells around him since he might throw another tantrum.

I'm not saying get rid of him. We just have to realize that he brings certain difficulties with him. Much more than Mario does in my opinion.

taconinja said:
de niro said:
My opinion is that it's down to our best player being... a bit moody to say the least. The fact he's also captain is part of it too I think. The other players seem unsure of him and it's pretty evident everyone walks on eggshells around him since he might throw another tantrum.

I'm not saying get rid of him. We just have to realize that he brings certain difficulties with him. Much more than Mario does in my opinion.

Yeah, it's down to our top scorer's fault...

Give Jo more game time instead?

taconinja said:
de niro said:

a good point tbf, since that episode we've been less dynamic.that everton game hurt us in more ways than one.

Soulboy said:

Do you read what people write? This is my big problem with some people and why I feel that there are agendas. You didn't even read what I said. You just made it up in your own head to fit your agenda and then you throw out utter shit as a rebuttal for something I didn't say.

taconinja said:
Soulboy said:

Do you read what people write? This is my big problem with some people and why I feel that there are agendas. You didn't even read what I said. You just made it up in your own head to fit your agenda and then you throw out utter shit as a rebuttal for something I didn't say.

I was supposed to read it?

Shit...

Soz.

Damocles said:
Wothout trying to sound like a broken record, I'd ask everyone to reserve final judgement on the talents of Kolarov until this time next year. Don't we all remember how laughably bad Evra was when he went to United in his first season?

Players do seem to need time to settle in our league, and it would be unfair to crucify him and declare he's a shit player after around 20 games

It's an easy stick to beat Mancini with. The criticism of Kolorov, even though he was particularly shit on Sunday, has gone way overboard. Boateng too. They've both shown enough form at times to show they will have a part to play at this club over the next few years but injuries at crucial times has robbed both of them of any sort of consistency. Mancini's chopping and changing hasn't helped too but that is mainly because someone at the back always seems to be injured or out of form. The thing I'm disappointed with is that Mancini hasn't given Boateng a chance to partner Kompany for a sustained period. It's as obvious that Boateng is a centre back as it was that Kompany is. Those two have the potential to form a very good pairing but it will only come with games.

It's gone widely unnoticed that our centre back pairing on Sunday of Kolo and Lescott was a £40m dream team that Mark Hughes himself put together. I hope they never ply together at the back again.

Back to the original point, people are forgetting that Mancini has only been here 14 months and half the players have been here less than a year. That is no time to properly judge and there is no doubt that the likes of Yaya, Boateng, Silva and Kolorov will be much better next season.

Soulboy said:
taconinja said:

I know what taconinja means. Tevez is hardly a leader on the pitch in the way you'd want him to be. In fact he's quite the opposite - you get the impression he'd rather play on his own if he could. All things being equal, no-one in their right mind would make him captain. But Mancini had no choice because Tevez was at least scoring goals and we needed him to stay here and not fuck off mid season.

The alternative of relying on the our very own black version of Sesame Street's Big Bird was too ridiculous to contemplate.

all our best players are sparky's signings with the exception of silva,dzeko deserves more time but dear me yaya, ak, boateng and mario have been iffy to say the least.
thank goodness for nige, vinny and co.
you only have to look at zab and his desire for the game to see what we are missing the the fancy dans.

de niro said:
all our best players are sparky's signings with the exception of silva,dzeko deserves more time but dear me yaya, ak, boateng and mario have been iffy to say the least.
thank goodness for nige, vinny and co.
you only have to look at zab and his desire for the game to see what we are missing the the fancy dans.

I don't agree that Yaya is iffy. At least he has talent, unlike some of Hughes' grafting donkeys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.