Mancini fear of failure?

jay_mcfc said:
It's gone widely unnoticed that our centre back pairing on Sunday of Kolo and Lescott was a £40m dream team that Mark Hughes himself put together. I hope they never ply together at the back again.

Lescott was outstanding. Kolo wasn't.

de niro said:
all our best players are sparky's signings with the exception of silva,dzeko deserves more time but dear me yaya, ak, boateng and mario have been iffy to say the least.
thank goodness for nige, vinny and co.
you only have to look at zab and his desire for the game to see what we are missing the the fancy dans.

Again, Hughes might have signed Kompany and De Jong but Mancini has got 10 times more out of them. Zabaleta too, was widely rubbish under Hughes whilst Tevez barely scored under him. Richards is like a new player, we have Hart back, Lescott is showing some form and Mancini has signed some great players, including Yaya who has been excellent at times and especially Silva.

de niro said:
yaya, ak, boateng and mario have been iffy to say the least.
you only have to look at zab and his desire for the game to see what we are missing the the fancy dans.
Its easy to say, however the 3 you mention all took a year or more to look decent. All players need time, but more than that they need a settled side, especially in the position they are asked to play. Mario has 9 goals in 14 games, 6 in 10 in the league, that's almost the same ratio of games to goals as Tevez.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lescott was outstanding. Kolo wasn't.

Totally agree. I very rarely slate any of our players but Kolo is absolute turd. Lescott has been decent recently and it should be Boateng partnering Lescott if Kompany isn't fit.

It was Mancini who made Carlos captain, and Mancini who left him as captain after the transfer request...

Seems to be a bit strange to then say "well, our play is hindered by Carlos and people tread on eggshells around him..." Again, the manager should be the final authority and should use that authority to fix problems on the playing field...not to cow tow to any member of the squad. I thought Mancini was known for his strength of character, leadership abilities, etc...

Soulboy said:
I was supposed to read it?

Shit...

Soz.
It's just really frustrating to try to be very explicit and careful that I'm decidedly not saying we should remove Tevez from the equation and then have that part ignored for some nonsense about Jo. There's a world of difference between saying we have to be aware that an eccentric player such as Tevez is demands certain allowances and adjustments and saying something along the lines of he's shit and should be benched/got rid of.

What we need are the two things that Silva and Kompany supply. Silva is Carlos' friend and they seem to really trust each other. Seems to me that Silva can talk to him on the field and not have it go haywire. He can get Carlos to do things that if others ask might go very poorly. Vincent isn't taking shit off anyone and that includes the captain. That gives the other players the confidence to push the other players for what they think is the right thing to do tactically and effort-wise. Yaya I think could be that player, but he's a bit histrionic at times, so I think other players tend to let it wash over them.

jay_mcfc said:
de niro said:
all our best players are sparky's signings with the exception of silva,dzeko deserves more time but dear me yaya, ak, boateng and mario have been iffy to say the least.

Again, Hughes might have signed Kompany and De Jong but Mancini has got 10 times more out of them. Zabaleta too, was widely rubbish under Hughes whilst Tevez barely scored under him. Richards is like a new player, we have Hart back, Lescott is showing some form and Mancini has signed some great players, including Yaya who has been excellent at times and especially Silva.

So Mancini is getting 10 times more out of Hughes's signings then Hughes did, plus he's added Balotelli, Silva, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov, and Boateng, and yet we've still amassed roughly the same amount of points as we had at the same stage of the season last year? The guy must be even more incompetent than I thought :-).

I've never been a fan of "this" mancini but all that matters now is that we finish top 4. I'd love to win a trophy but it's more important that we get into the champions league next season to get the revenue rolling in as far as UEFA's fair play rule is concerned (that's the UEFA fair play club which is charging 300 quid for a champions league final ticket and wanting major championships to be taken off free to air tv)

I know all managers pick players they've bought despite what's in front of their eyes, out their on the pitch. But please, STOP playing kolarov and boateng. If richards is fit, then he's a shoe in for right back and zab left back. If not, zab right back and lescott left back. Kompany should be back for tomorrow. While he continues to play those two donkeys then we'll continue to give away soft goals. I think that's the first big call he has to make for the good of the team.

Secondly, let's stop going on about tiredness and the number of injuries and games...Not only is it more boring and repetitive than his usual post match mantras but it's counter-rpoductive and if he's not careful those numbers of games will rapidly melt away in just a fortnight.

BillyShears said:
It was Mancini who made Carlos captain, and Mancini who left him as captain after the transfer request...

Seems to be a bit strange to then say "well, our play is hindered by Carlos and people tread on eggshells around him..." Again, the manager should be the final authority and should use that authority to fix problems on the playing field...not to cow tow to any member of the squad. I thought Mancini was known for his strength of character, leadership abilities, etc...
I see what Mancini was doing. He wanted Tevez to invest more in the team around him, so he made him captain. It's an old technique and at times has worked very well. As is, we're stuck. Removing the captaincy could be completely disastrous as we do need Carlos. That's obvious. If there's a change, I imagine it will be after the season.

Notice I didn't say our play was hindered by Carlos, but you can surely see how unsure our players look at times? That should be when the captain rallies them. Carlos isn't doing much of that lately. He didn't look very interested during the Fulham match, did he?

As far as Mancini's attributes, I'm of the opinion that it's the nature of the squad as it was assembled by various regimes and various managers which affects whether his strength is respected. Would probably be the same with anyone short of Mourinho due to his current mystique. That inevitably leads to issues over whose authority is absolute. Won't be helped if we toss another manager this summer, but if he doesn't make Champion's League, I can't blame the board.

hgblue said:
jay_mcfc said:

So Mancini is getting 10 times more out of Hughes's signings then Hughes did, plus he's added Balotelli, Silva, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov, and Boateng, and yet we've still amassed roughly the same amount of points as we had at the same stage of the season last year? The guy must be even more incompetent than I thought :-).
Game set and match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.