Mancini fear of failure?

Mancio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I can assure you he is being judged on more than end of season position.

Whether you choose to believe it, well, that is none of my business or concern.

As for your other bullet points, simply based on your perspective of everything in the garden appearing to be rosy.

Ultimately, Mancini attaining success, gives us what we all crave.

My optimism has been reduced quicker than yours.

I can assure you , and the rest of City fans , that you don't know nothing about what is happening behind the clese doors, N O T H I N G.

Like I said, it is of no business or concern to me whether you choose to believe me or not.

Your opinions on City, however, are not relevant. You support the manager not the team.

Bobby needs to face up to the fact that some of his signings are a hit and miss affair.

Kolorov and Boatang - Extremely disappointing, maybe a steep learning curve for them this season, which may pay dividends next.
Yaya - an up and down season, sometimes excelling, other times appears too languid and lazy in his play, and i would definately say unfit.
Balotelli - shows glimpses of his ability, but a season punctuated by injury. However I just can't take to his demeaneur - looks like he doesn't want to be here.
Dzeko - shows glimpses, will be all the better for this season under his belt.
Silva - Excellent, slow start but will become a firm favourite and performer.
Johnson - Mixed season, but injured
Viera - Poor for me, and off the pace due to his age.

Previous signings who continue in my opinion to perform and set reasonably consistant standards:

Excellent - Zabaletta, De Jong, Kompany, Hart
Good - Richards, Toure, Lescott, Barry, Milner
Average - SWP
Poor - Jo

Outside factor(s):
Tevez - excellent overall for us, but recently since Jia has opened his gob again, Carlos just doesn't look interested, and I fear this will cost us, because his work rate makes up for the lack of effort from some of his team mates.

So short of Bobby admitting he has stripped his squad to the bear minimums with a number of his and previous signings not performing. If he is still with us next year, there is going to be another mass clearout, but I am not convinced about the quality of signings we are going to make.

So who is to blame, Bobby, Cook, the players, the fans?

I do feel sorry for Mancini because the results can not be ignored, yes, however that doesnt reflect the quality of his calibre.

He is a top manager who will win us trophies only if he is given the time needed to do so. Some may argue that the same could have been applied to Hughes, to that I say no. Why? Because though Hughes is a good decent manager he is not of the same quality as Mancini.

People keep on ignoring the mere facts that is for any club to be successful and be embedded into the top four with consistency they will need to be consistent with 1 manager!!

Sir Alex at United
Rafa at Liverpool
Wenger at Arsenal.. and so on..

That is the rule and not the exception! Mourinho is the exception and even that he always comes in when the team is built and ready to soar.. Mancini is currently building his team and if given time he will win us trophies! People want the exception to be the rule atm and that my dear blues is not possible!

We as fans can either rally behind the team and learn a thing or two from ARIS or we can keep on pouring hot coal and boos til we get Mancini fired.

That will see start all over again and sooner or later with a new manager we will get to this point again and we will be faced with the same choices, rally behind the team or rally to get the manager sacked!

The choice is red or blue! The choice is ours!

Right now all we can do is get behind the manager and his team. By the end of the season we'll know whether he is still in the job. I get the feeling that a lot of people on this forum want him to fail. I don't know why this is (probably because their all dreaming of Mourinho). I will back Mancini and his team for as long as he's manager, and I hope it's for a long time to come

we are in a period of, if buts and maybe's.

if we lose against Villa or Everton,

if we lose to Kiev,

if we lose to spuds,

season over?

of course there is the reverse, but current form tells me all of the above are going to be very tough indeed. we dont look like a team that can go on and beat Villa, Everton, Kiev, Spurs and keep the season well alive, if anything we could lose the lot.

time for the whole club to stand up and be counted for, for once its all in our hands. cmon city.

The lack of togetherness in the squad is there for all to see.

Tevez and his very public greetings of Hughes and the former staff pre kick off in front of the cameras followed by without doubt his most abject display in a long long time says it all for me.

Without the full backing of all the squad, Bobby is on a hiding to nothing im afraid.

That aside, his tactics will never cut the mustard in the PL and for that reason alone, he wont be here come the summer regardless of finishing in the top 4 imo.

BillyShears said:
Mancini - ohhh said:
Im willing to go on record and bet with you that we will finish in the top 4??

Maybe we will...hell, personally I think we'll sneak it as well...but anyone who suggests we shouldn't be concerned about the way the team has seemed so lacklustre since the turn of the year is IMO ignoring what is in front of their eyes...

I believe yesterday's performance/result was a watershed moment in terms of how Mancini is viewed by our owners - of course I'm just speculating - but there were shades of the Hull match last season which many believe sealed Hughes' fate...

I agree that yesterday was very abysmal, however I believe we ought to credit Fullham for their showing. They were fired up and Hughes had a point to prove.

That being said, we are doing well in the FA CUP and Europa League which suggest to me that our manager is not as clueless as most people on here wants us to believe.

If the current league form continues then we should really be worried. As at now we can show some concern, nothing more nothing less.

Mancini - ohhh said:
I do feel sorry for Mancini because the results can not be ignored, yes, however that doesnt reflect the quality of his calibre.

He is a top manager who will win us trophies only if he is given the time needed to do so. Some may argue that the same could have been applied to Hughes, to that I say no. Why? Because though Hughes is a good decent manager he is not of the same quality as Mancini.

People keep on ignoring the mere facts that is for any club to be successful and be embedded into the top four with consistency they will need to be consistent with 1 manager!!

Sir Alex at United
Rafa at Liverpool

That is the rule and not the exception! Mourinho is the exception and even that he always comes in when the team is built and ready to soar.. Mancini is currently building his team and if given time he will win us trophies! People want the exception to be the rule atm and that my dear blues is not possible!

We as fans can either rally behind the team and learn a thing or two from ARIS or we can keep on pouring hot coal and boos til we get Mancini fired.

That will see start all over again and sooner or later with a new manager we will get to this point again and we will be faced with the same choices, rally behind the team or rally to get the manager sacked!

Again, I can't fault the sentiment, rhetoric or rationale!

But surely we will continue to overturn members of the playing squad until we find ourselves in a position where we are content with what we have?

Good enough to win the league, good enough to win the Champions League, etc?

Surely it also applies to having the right manager?

All I am trying to argue, is those who refuse to entertain a change, for fear of prolonging the agony a few more years.

I was firm in my belief Hughes should have been sacked sooner. The owners gave him plenty enough time.

I recall the same arguments on here. We can't sack Hughes because it will get us nowhere.

It got us a better manager in Mancini.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:
I love the way some people's views on the manager seem to change from month to month...

From Guru to Gormless in less than a handful of games!

I'm more surprised at the number of people who would rather take the Comical Ali route of ignoring current form, results, performances, and suggesting that we're still going to walk into a top 4 spot.

Hey, don't include me in that list if you please!

I've given up on Mancini. I made that view known several weeks ago. And that from someone who defended him stoutly in his first season in charge.

I'm only having a little pop at those who seem to change their minds depending on each result!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini - ohhh said:

Sir Alex at United
Rafa at Liverpool

Again, I can't fault the sentiment, rhetoric or rationale!

But surely we will continue to overturn members of the playing squad until we find ourselves in a position where we are content with what we have?

Good enough to win the league, good enough to win the Champions League, etc?

Surely it also applies to having the right manager?

All I am trying to argue, is those who refuse to entertain a change, for fear of prolonging the agony a few more years.

I was firm in my belief Hughes should have been sacked sooner. The owners gave him plenty enough time.

I recall the same arguments on here. We can't sack Hughes because it will get us nowhere.

It got us a better manager in Mancini.

Ok fair enough. What happens when Mancini is sacked and we get Rafa, Mourinho or whoever? And things seem to go well for a while until we hit a sticky patch just like now??

Do we sack him and argue that we will get a better manager?? And believe you me, that sticky patch WILL come! Great clubs are not bought nor are league titles.. They are built! Building needs times.

The point I am trying to convey in so many words is that, if we are not careful or wise we could ruin the bigger picture of getting this club the tag of an international football club.. Plus we could end up in a viscous cycle of chewing and spitting up managers just anyhow.

Football is a beautiful game that we love and that is all because it so damn unpredictable!! Who would have ever thought that Chelsea will be where they are today?? Carlo came in and won big in his first season! His second season and he looks like hes never managed in his life before.

What makes you think that Mancini, who people believe to be clueless cant go on to win the league & champions league next season??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.