Mancini fear of failure?

Its a cut throat business unless you have paid your dues over a long period of time and met or exceeded expectations more often than not.

If the owners said we must have Chumps league next season then anything less than fourth assuming the side that finishes fifth doesn't win it then obviously Mancini will be shown the revolving door at COMS.

If he thinking purely about his tenure at the club he will throw everything at getting as many points as possible as see where it takes us and forget about the other competiitons

Will we do any better with the next manager should this be the case , who knows no certainties in football.

The previous manager said he was given a points target that he believed he was on course for and we failed to get Chumps league by obtaining that points target after turfing him out in Dec 2009.

I would suspect most supporters would want Mancini out if we failed to get Chumps league football next season.

One thing is fairly certain you cannot expect to be in the hunt for a title a European trophy or be in contention for domestic cup success if you are regularly turning over managers and players each season especially your key personnel.

No matter how much money you have you need stability you need a plan , you need to employ the right people that have the right mindset to ensure the plan is adhered to despite the obstacles and disappointments that will come your way.

hgblue said:
So Mancini is getting 10 times more out of Hughes's signings then Hughes did, plus he's added Balotelli, Silva, Yaya, Dzeko, Kolarov, and Boateng, and yet we've still amassed roughly the same amount of points as we had at the same stage of the season last year? The guy must be even more incompetent than I thought :-).

Well considering we're third and it was decided Hughes was to be sacked we were 8th....

And it's called time, by the way. You only have to look at Kompany/De Jong/Zabaleta to see that players are generally better in their second season than first. Dzeko, Balotelli, Silva, Kolorov and Boateng haven't played enough games this season but they've shown enough to suggest they're top players.

de niro said:
all our best players are sparky's signings with the exception of silva,dzeko deserves more time but dear me yaya, ak, boateng and mario have been iffy to say the least.
thank goodness for nige, vinny and co.
you only have to look at zab and his desire for the game to see what we are missing the the fancy dans.

I would not agree with that.

Hart wasn't a Hughes signing.

Yaya has not been iffy.

Mario has a goal to game ratio better than anyone.

Richards was not a Hughes signing. Infact, Hughes nearly killed him off as a player.

BillyShears said:
It was Mancini who made Carlos captain, and Mancini who left him as captain after the transfer request...

Seems to be a bit strange to then say "well, our play is hindered by Carlos and people tread on eggshells around him..." Again, the manager should be the final authority and should use that authority to fix problems on the playing field...not to cow tow to any member of the squad. I thought Mancini was known for his strength of character, leadership abilities, etc...

Oh, for fuck's sake. One minute he's aloof and unable to foster relationships with the players, the next he's not cracking the whip enough.

I fucking despair, and this argument is unwinnable - Mancini has neither a) won the league, nor b) done badly enough to be sacked.

We'll see at the end of the season, I suppose.

Hello All,
Although many of you may have allegences with other Sport radio shows/stations, can i please bring your attention to my sports show on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.burnfm.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.burnfm.com</a> Its Birmingham University's radio station and on a Saturday evening 5:30-7 I help present a show called Kicking Back with Alasdair and Mike. (Find us on facebook). As a city fan I discuss all city stuff as well as rounding up all the days footy action with debate and discussions as well. It would be brilliant if you could all tune and listen, giving feedback as well. Thanks a lot
Mike

ST Coleridge said:
BillyShears said:
It was Mancini who made Carlos captain, and Mancini who left him as captain after the transfer request...

Seems to be a bit strange to then say "well, our play is hindered by Carlos and people tread on eggshells around him..." Again, the manager should be the final authority and should use that authority to fix problems on the playing field...not to cow tow to any member of the squad. I thought Mancini was known for his strength of character, leadership abilities, etc...

Oh, for fuck's sake. One minute he's aloof and unable to foster relationships with the players, the next he's not cracking the whip enough.

I fucking despair, and this argument is unwinnable - Mancini has neither a) won the league, nor b) done badly enough to be sacked.

We'll see at the end of the season, I suppose.

Love that you pulled my post out of a thread with lots of great discussion to show your 'fucking despair'. Particularly when taken out of context of the conversation i was referring to.

If you don't want to read other peoples opinions on Roberto - don't open the thread.

Enjoyed this thread, one of the better ones with plenty of decent debate.

I blame Platt.

Rammy Blue said:
Enjoyed this thread, one of the better ones with plenty of decent debate.

I blame Platt.

Don't get me going on him and that other sycophantic yes man who works alongside him.

The question Ive been dying to know for a while, is where the fuck is Jon Webb?

The guy used to be here under Pearce, and I often remember his pre match 'get the players to run 2 yars in the shortest sprint ever seen by man' drills on the count of his 'shouting GO .. GO .. GO'. Absolutely unbelievable. I'm sure he is still employed by the club in some capacity (i saw on one of the pre season america video's his name mentioned by the physiology department).

I BLAME JON WEBB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.