Mancini Football Management Skills

jay_mcfc said:
Manchester City Football Club Premier League Champions 2011/2012

Fucking ridiculous this kind of shit is being regurgitated in the November after winning the league despite being unbeaten in the division.

Some people just never learn. Keep going on about the sum of parts and Mancini will keep delivering trophies.

Same old bollocks from the same old suspects mate

BillyShears said:
dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:
Haha. You're kidding right ?

Well he can obviously mould us into a better team than at current, as look at the first half of last season.

But he is too emotional, and not a great man manager, so I don't think he will ever be a man to make the sum more than the individual parts. And currently, our sum is a lot less than the individual parts. Last year they were about right at the start of the season, not anymore.

The question I think the OP is asking is answered in your second paragraph. We have never been better than the sum of our parts under Mancini. In and of itself that's not a terrible thing because of the quality of players we have at our disposal. However it isn't really a ringing endorsement of his relative merits as a manager.

It's interesting that his tenure at Lazio is used as proof of this ability. They did sell their star players in the two seasons he was there, however he was only there two seasons and then jumped ship to join at the time spending happy Inter Milan. Had he stayed their and kept them competitive there might be an argument that it proves he can do it on a shoe string - but as it stands we just don't know because of how short his tenure there was, and how much of a state of flux the club were in.

It probably was. But it depends- if the OP is happy with the football we played last season (first half) which he probably was, I was, and I am sure you were, then Mancini is a fine manager. Never going to be the best in the world, but he got us playing some seriously attractive, quick, free flowing football.
So if he is asking can Mancini mould us into a better team than what we are showing now, then the answer is, obviously yes.

Can Mancini mould us into a better team than he did in the first half of last season- probably not. Could many managers- probably very few, in fairness.

So whilst in a way, I have sung Mancini's praises a bit there, there are some serious questions to be asked:

Why are we so poor in Europe?

Why did we change the defensive coach and suddenly start leaking goals?

Why did we change the system that won us the league last season?

Why did we change doctors- and now we are getting injuries everywhere?

Why are we yet to play well for a whole game- Sunderland apart.

We need to know what has happened with city, and Mancini. And why we are a shadow of the team we were last season.

My main criticism of Mancini is the speed (or lack of) that we play with. I don't mean pacy players, I just mean the speed of passing, moving up the pitch with purpose etc.

jay_mcfc said:

Fucking ridiculous this kind of shit is being regurgitated in the November after winning the league despite being unbeaten in the division.

Some people just never learn. Keep going on about the sum of parts and Mancini will keep delivering trophies.

Stop crying Jay. If you genuinely had the belief you purport to have in Mancini you wouldn't spend so much time wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth at other peoples opinions of the manager. Usual suspects, same old shit ... the thing lost on you is that includes you.

Yes he can be at the helm of a side that plays football of a more superior quality than the one that has represented the club since August 11 , 2012.

This side can play a higher quality of football that some would equate to a more entertaining brand of football than we have so far this season.

The players know they can and have to find a way both individually and collectively to do so.

The expectation is now on the players and RM to match their best efforts of last season as often as possible week in week out.

The pressure to achieve that and managing that pressure in a positive way is the challenge they will have to overcome.

This is unfamiliar to them and what they are finding difficult to adjust to this year so far.

BillyShears said:
jay_mcfc said:

Stop crying Jay. If you genuinely had the belief you purport to have in Mancini you wouldn't spend so much time wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth at other peoples opinions of the manager. Usual suspects, same old shit ... the thing lost on you is that includes you.

The ramblings of a mad man

Danielmanc said:
jay_mcfc said:

If only the mods had the ability to merge threads to prevent the same posters endlessly repeating their views

Danielmanc said:
jay_mcfc said:

Comments like that are about as useful as saying 'Mancini out he's rubbish'. Add to the debate. Read what people are on here, and you will see it is a discussion of his pros and cons. Not from everyone, but just read.

Why is questioning Mancini a taboo subject?

Why is it that members who question are frowned upon and replied to negatively?

Mancini is manager of a club that we supported long before he came here. As supporters we have the right to question and people shouldn't be ridiculed for doing so.

I'm not posting an opinon-post in this thread but I do resent the 'forum police' that come into threads and tear chunks out of members that ask genuine questions. Fair enough if you think they are a WUM but if post appears to be genuine and provokes good discussion then leave people to it and keep out of it.

Just saying.

jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
jay_mcfc said:

One day he will learn to copy and paste i think mancini is shit and save his fingers a lot of work

jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
jay_mcfc said:

Says the guy who's contributing absolutely ZERO to the forum beyond nasty bile aimed at Blues who don't share his world view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.