Mancini got his tactics wrong at half-time

Re: Today was ALL mancini's fault

i like mancini but i dont know why he a) changed milners position when he was having a great game b) persists with jo. would rather see guidetti

Been discussing this for the last hour, you pick the friggin' squad. Alright!!

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

You overlook the fact that we played 4-4-1 in the first half so we then switched to 4-5-1.

For the avoidance of doubt (not that there is any) Tevez was the "1".

Ive read the first post and cant be arsed reading the rest its the fa cup and tactics don't really count in this competition we dint loose so its been a good day the fa cup is the best cup in the world there's so many upsets in it

bugsyblue said:
Firstly let me just say I'm very much a Mancini fan but he got it completely wrong tactically todayi. 2-1 up at halftime he changes our formation to 4-5-1. We are away at Leicester, who are playing a typically 4-4-2 British formation in the fa cup. Treating the fa cup the same as you would treat the prem, or the europa league is a big mistake. Mancini wanted to hold on to the lead but by changing the formation he showed he clearly doesn't understand how teams play in the FA cup. In the first half we created chances but looked a little vunerable at the back. We let them back into the game where as if we stayed more attacking we would have killed them off! In the 2nd we created nothing except the de Jong chance, and still looked vunerable at the back. Mancini needs to learn the fa cup is different than to anything else. We've ended up having an extra game really don't need! I've defended his tactics in the past but he fucked up today and I just hope he learns from it!

Good point there. I just hope to fuck Mancini's on this board tonight and reads this, because he could really do with a tactical refresher course and you're the man to deliver it. I'm surprised you're not managing a top team yourself you fucking halfwit

Everyone bar Milner and to some extent Tevez were shit tonight. Nothing to do with Bobby Manc. The lineup we started with was better than some Premiership sides. It all comes down to the players playing poorly.

my one and only problem with mancini at the moment is the insistence on playing Jo. I know this has been done to death today but fuck me we need rid . he is a shite shite terrible player, i cant believe we dont go for guidetti or nimely or some other younger player with potential instead of this soft arse donkey.

please get rid bobby.

other than that keep going bob

How the hell has this got to 4 pages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.